Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How can ANYBODY want David Carr??? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

#15 : February 26, 2007, 10:15:19 PM

Buccd Up have u WATCHED David Carr play? When he drops back he gets that deer in the headlights look and has no idea what to do with the football. He turns the ball over way too much and makes foolish decisions. Heck, he was going to get benched in favor of SAGE ROSENFELS!

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#16 : February 26, 2007, 10:58:55 PM

The question is how can anyone feel comfortable and confident with the QBs now on the roster?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#17 : February 26, 2007, 11:15:56 PM

It's been brought up before, if you're looking at him as the savior then you're foolish. If you're looking at him to solidify the back-up spot in case of the injury, then you haven't taken 15 swats off a bong.

You want a $5 million back up?

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#18 : February 26, 2007, 11:34:01 PM

There was a time when the same question was posed about Rich Gannon. Lucky for him Gruden did. Lucky for the Bucs too. I seriously doubt the Glazers would have noticed Gruden, and without Gruden, no Lombardi in the trophy case. Carr has talent. He just doesn't have much around him in Houston. The Bucs are young and improving. Carr is young but has game experience. He could be Gruden's next Rich Gannon. I don't see a better option available. If a trade can be made, I say do it.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#19 : February 27, 2007, 07:48:36 AM

You want a $5 million back up?

if Carr beats out Simms, who cares? What's $5M, the Bucs already have massive room with that $$$ and in the event of an injury you don't go 4-12. That's worth $5M.

original

Pro Bowler

#20 : February 27, 2007, 08:08:35 AM

You really can't tell if Carr would flourish or not.  I think of the names Testeverde and Young who pretty much blew chunks while here on a bad team but went on to excell on other teams.    A change of scenery might be just what carr needs to reach his potential.

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#21 : February 27, 2007, 09:29:02 AM

You really can't tell if Carr would flourish or not.  I think of the names Testeverde and Young who pretty much blew chunks while here on a bad team but went on to excell on other teams.    A change of scenery might be just what carr needs to reach his potential.

that is definately one way to look at it

#22 : February 27, 2007, 10:04:56 AM

It's not like Carr is coming to play QB for a team that can provide plenty of support around him. Heck, he is coming to a WORSE team. If it was just a bad system and bad players in Houston, how will he improve if he comes to a WORSE team?

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#23 : February 27, 2007, 10:07:20 AM

It's not like Carr is coming to play QB for a team that can provide plenty of support around him. Heck, he is coming to a WORSE team. If it was just a bad system and bad players in Houston, how will he improve if he comes to a WORSE team?

I don't agree with you. The team looked awful but fill in a QB with any amount of experience and you wouldn't have had a 4-12 team.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#24 : February 27, 2007, 10:09:07 AM

Carr sucks.  Nuff said.

gone

Hall of Famer
#25 : February 27, 2007, 01:03:52 PM

Simms sucks worse.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#26 : February 27, 2007, 04:47:05 PM

Simms sucks worse.

Gradkowski blows!!! I've seen babies throw their rattles out of their playpens farther than Sadkowski can throw. Hell, he throws up farther than he throws a ball. Maybe if he shoves the ball in his mouth, he can projectile vomit the ball down field?

sma2680

Practice Squad

#27 : February 27, 2007, 04:54:04 PM

I don't think that not wanting Carr has anything to do with (1) liking the status quo, or (2) wanting to protect simms from competition.  Carr looks like Rob Johnson, athletically talented but not a good QB.  He got yanked twice last year for Sage Rosenfels...by another QB guru Gary Kubiak.  You can't base a QB on one stat in isolation.  I live in Texas and have seen this guy play more than most, and he holds the ball too long, and he looks at the rush instead of going through his progressions.  On top of all that, he is under contract, so we have to trade for him, which means we have to give something up for him...which I don't want to do. 

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#28 : February 27, 2007, 06:58:17 PM

Simms sucks worse.

Gradkowski blows!!! I've seen babies throw their rattles out of their playpens farther than Sadkowski can throw. Hell, he throws up farther than he throws a ball. Maybe if he shoves the ball in his mouth, he can projectile vomit the ball down field?

lol

#29 : February 27, 2007, 07:02:46 PM

Yea i have to heartily agree with that Gradkowski assesment.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How can ANYBODY want David Carr??? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools