Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How many of those on IR will be back next year? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
: November 17, 2009, 09:57:18 AM

Here's the list

CB  Biggers

FB  Askew and Storer

LB  Wilson and Crowell

OT   Fulton

WR Campbell

S  Allen and Phillips

P Bidwell

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 17, 2009, 10:01:37 AM

Good question....I wouldn't guarantee any of them. I'm guessing Fulton, Wilson, Biggers, Storer, and Askew will probably be in camp at least.

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 17, 2009, 10:06:21 AM

Askew, Fulton, Allen and Bidwell (unless it's a cap decision) for sure. The rest are a crapshoot.

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler
#3 : November 17, 2009, 10:11:52 AM

Crowell is a mystery to me as I thought he was on a one year deal.  why IR him unless you want to bring him back.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#4 : November 17, 2009, 10:15:45 AM

The top six on the list have a realistic chance at returning next season seeing as Crowell was supposed to play a prominent role this year, but health and his contract status are of concern, Askew and Storer only because the team doesn't have anyone else, and of course the two rookies because they are cheap.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#5 : November 17, 2009, 10:16:40 AM

Biggers - Most likely

Storer - Absolutely

Wilson - Maybe

Crowell - No

Fulton - Yes

Askew - Maybe

Campbell - Maybe

Allen - Maybe

Phillips - No

Bidwell - Possibly

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 17, 2009, 10:19:15 AM

The top six on the list have a realistic chance at returning next season seeing as Crowell was supposed to play a prominent role this year, but health and his contract status are of concern, Askew and Storer only because the team doesn't have anyone else, and of course the two rookies because they are cheap.

Crowell has lost his spot to Hayes, and I doubt he is able to beat him out.  Beating out Black is a possibility, but he is slowly coming on as well.

Just like Cato June's situation in Houston, Crowell's injury has put him in a situation where he has lost a chance at a starting job at either OLB spot heading into next year.

As for Askew I think they cut the cord and move on because he simply can't stay healthy.  A FB that can't stay healthy causes too much turmoil as to whom you dress for each game, and are forced to carry another FB.

burger40

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 17, 2009, 10:23:43 AM

fulton and biggers for sure since both did pretty well during their OTAs...i would like to see if pressley can unseat Askew bc Graham is serving admirably at FB but lets face it he isn't a long-term solution.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 17, 2009, 10:44:17 AM

they will kick askew and look to draft a FB, IMO.

#9 : November 17, 2009, 11:23:16 AM

Here's the list

CB Biggers - Back

FB Askew and Storer  - Storer is a maybe, Askew will be cut... Keep Pressley

LB Wilson and Crowell - Wilson (unless we draft one high) Crowell gone.

OT Fulton - back

WR Campbell - gone

S Allen and Phillips - both gone

P Bidwell - 50/50 IMO.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 17, 2009, 11:27:01 AM

Back as in with a shot or actually on the roster? If just "with a shot" why not all of them? Crowell is the most talented guy on that list and given the not much talent out of Black he might be the most likely to play if he gets back to being right but he's diceier than anyone on that list to do so.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#11 : November 17, 2009, 11:28:56 AM

Back as in with a shot or actually on the roster? If just "with a shot" why not all of them? Crowell is the most talented guy on that list and given the not much talent out of Black he might be the most likely to play if he gets back to being right but he's diceier than anyone on that list to do so.

Careful, ADW is ready to pounce on any real or implied criticism of Black.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#12 : November 17, 2009, 11:50:27 AM

i hope that pressley is evaluated and given the chance to compete with askew/storer.

also, from left field, can crowell play MLB?  slide ruud to SLB and black to DE.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 17, 2009, 11:59:43 AM

Crowell has lost his spot to Hayes, and I doubt he is able to beat him out.  Beating out Black is a possibility, but he is slowly coming on as well.

Just like Cato June's situation in Houston, Crowell's injury has put him in a situation where he has lost a chance at a starting job at either OLB spot heading into next year.

Careful, ADW is ready to pounce on any real or implied criticism of Black.

Not so fast my friend. 8)

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 17, 2009, 12:02:06 PM

Not so fast my friend. 8)

You can't be defending Black's play because he had one good game all year?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How many of those on IR will be back next year? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools