Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Like Freeman didn't get rookie of the week... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

: November 17, 2009, 10:37:39 AM

Freeman played well but not enough to earn ROTW. It's not as if he tore it up Sunday.

I like the kid but come on

REALLY? 205 passing 3 TDs. That is pretty good, IMO. Please go look at the other canidates and tell me he wasn't BY FAR the best.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 17, 2009, 10:24:33 AM

Won by mike wallace? 4 Catches for 69 yards and a TD? That is bush-league. Freeman definately should have won.

burger40

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 17, 2009, 10:25:58 AM

lol i know.....steelers are 6-time SB champs and are one of the most popular teams and are winning this year. that is the only reason i can think of....but it still is crappy reasoning.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 17, 2009, 10:35:32 AM

Freeman played well but not enough to earn ROTW. It's not as if he tore it up Sunday.

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#4 : November 17, 2009, 10:39:17 AM

It was the game against Green Bay. 3 passing TD's and leading your team on a 4th quarter comeback down by 10 definitely should win, but I guess people in Pittsburgh don't have much else to do this time of year but refresh and click.

burger40

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 17, 2009, 10:41:09 AM

and a sub70yd rec-1 TD effort by wallace is more impressive than a ROOKIE QB 1st START leading his team to a comeback by throwing 2 scores.

Come on if that were Brett Favre or Tom Brady every commentator on the networks would be creaming in their pants about how amazing they were.

Bucs never got media love even when we were dominant in 2002...all i heard in the playoffs was how freaking great the raiders were and little about bucs d...same thing before we faced Vick and then we made him look like a fool.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 17, 2009, 10:41:51 AM

REALLY? 205 passing 3 TDs. That is pretty good, IMO. Please go look at the other canidates and tell me he wasn't BY FAR the best.

ooppps, thought you meant this week.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 17, 2009, 10:42:43 AM

no I meant the GB game.

burger40

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 17, 2009, 10:44:43 AM

ok if you thought it was this week i can understand that.

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#9 : November 17, 2009, 10:45:29 AM

and a sub70yd rec-1 TD effort by wallace is more impressive than a ROOKIE QB 1st START leading his team to a comeback by throwing 2 scores.

Come on if that were Brett Favre or Tom Brady every commentator on the networks would be creaming in their pants about how amazing they were.

Bucs never got media love even when we were dominant in 2002...all i heard in the playoffs was how freaking great the raiders were and little about bucs d...same thing before we faced Vick and then we made him look like a fool.

It's voted on by the fans. It just means Pittsburgh fans were killing their internet connections voting. Who cares? The last few times we had players get or be in the running for rookie of the year things didn't work out too well.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 17, 2009, 10:45:48 AM

He definitely should have won... without a doubt... its rigged, like the probowl... whoever has the strongest fan base wins

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 17, 2009, 10:49:29 AM

ok if you thought it was this week i can understand that.

No, I agree with last week. Not sure how that performance didn't get ROTW

stufftherun55

Starter

#12 : November 17, 2009, 01:46:04 PM

I will guess Wallace didn't fumble the QB/Center exchange four times like Freeman. 

"We might make a lot of money but, we also spend a lot of money"- Patrick Ewing (The best ever)

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 17, 2009, 01:46:42 PM

I will guess Wallace didn't fumble the QB/Center exchange four times like Freeman.

Fail

stufftherun55

Starter

#14 : November 17, 2009, 01:49:10 PM

Fail

Exactly.  Freeman has failed to master the basics of football. 

"We might make a lot of money but, we also spend a lot of money"- Patrick Ewing (The best ever)
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Like Freeman didn't get rookie of the week... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools