Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2 FSU guys « previous next »
Page: 1 2

: February 26, 2007, 06:55:56 PM

OLB Buster Davis ran a 4.67 today. Will be a possibility at 2a, but as much as I loved watching him play at FSU this pick may be better used elsewhere

WR/PR Chris Davis ran a 4.51 with the WRs a couple days ago. I thought he would run in the 4.4s with a chance at the 4.3s, but I think that number is still respectable as a PR. Depending on how much stock you even put into 40 times. Chris Davis will be a possibility in round 5/6 and would be drafted solely for return duties. I think the guy has a special knack to make plays when the ball is in his hands and he's in the open field. He is electric. Some will point to his production in college which was down, but if you ever see the guy in the open field it is damn fun to watch.

These are the 2 guys Ive pimped from my 'noles this year, and I would be one happy Bucs fan to hear either of their names called on draft day.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 26, 2007, 06:58:41 PM

I love Busta, his game speed must be better than a 4.67.

Davis is a career punt returner, IMO.

#2 : February 26, 2007, 07:05:31 PM

I completely agree on both areas. I have hope that the local guy Chris Davis can become a servicable 3/4 WR but he will likely need to focus on PR.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 26, 2007, 07:21:18 PM

Buster might fall to 2b but if a team sees he is a football player like Tatupa was coming out some team may take a shot at him at the middle of the second round.  But his height is working against him or else he would be picked a lot higher.

T

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 26, 2007, 07:57:08 PM

Didn't Demeco Ryans ahve a slow 40 time also? I thought it was in the 4.6 range, or something like that.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#5 : February 26, 2007, 08:31:35 PM

I'd love the see some Noles drafted but I agree with you on not taking Buster with 2a.  Someone with a lot of talent is going to fall to us there that will step right in and become a force.   

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 26, 2007, 08:43:20 PM

Im a noles fan but I want Jon Beason at 2a rather than Buster.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#7 : February 26, 2007, 08:46:59 PM

I saw a mock that I'm assuming was old because it had Kalil in the late second round.  While a C may not be the most pressing need if he's available I think it's a great pick.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 26, 2007, 08:51:39 PM

I don't like a center that high (#35) I bet we could get a great starter on the defense. I'm hoping for Anthony Spencer and Eric Weddle, or Jon Beason and Tim Crowder, or Chris Houston and Tim Crowder,or Michael Griffin and Tim Crowder. Just Get some D in the 2nd round!!! I rather sign a 1 year vet for now but IDK, Kalil is great though..

I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#9 : February 26, 2007, 08:57:53 PM

Anthony Spencer and Eric Weddle, or Jon Beason and Tim Crowder

Either one of these scenarios would be nice.  Kalil is impressing at the combine so I'm sure he won't last to long in the second.  He's got the perfect build for a center and even added 10 pounds and still ran a good 40.  The two interviews I saw he came across like he had the work ethic.  Satele looked good in drills also.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 26, 2007, 09:06:03 PM

Anthony Spencer and Eric Weddle, or Jon Beason and Tim Crowder

Either one of these scenarios would be nice. Kalil is impressing at the combine so I'm sure he won't last to long in the second. He's got the perfect build for a center and even added 10 pounds and still ran a good 40. The two interviews I saw he came across like he had the work ethic. Satele looked good in drills also.
Thing is that the Browns pick ahead of us and LeCharles Bentely isn't expected to play this season which is a bummer. I also see the Oakland Raiders draft him since Im hearing they are running the zone blocking scheme which is perfect fit for Kalil. I wouldn't be mad at all if we got him at 35.(Kalil)

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#11 : February 26, 2007, 09:56:50 PM

forget those guys Timmons IMO looked awesome ... projected to play WLB too ... hmmmm replace an ole FSU LB with a new FSU LB ... j/k, but Timmons IMO looked like he's gonna be a stud.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#12 : February 26, 2007, 10:46:13 PM

draft buster to back up ruud?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#13 : February 26, 2007, 11:09:22 PM

Didn't Demeco Ryans ahve a slow 40 time also? I thought it was in the 4.6 range, or something like that.

4.65. Speed wasn't his game though, he was very good at everything else. His vert and broad jumps were almost the exact same as Manny Lawson's, who is considered an athletic freak.

#14 : February 27, 2007, 01:54:58 AM

Yea and Buster Davis hits people so hard that the entire roster on the other team down to the water boy feel it. Thats his game.

Buster wouldn't back up RRuud. The main reason Buster Davis was a MLB at FSU was because of the 'older' OLBs on the roster ahead of him. Buster Davis really improved his game in his senior year, and someone is going to get a great football player in the 25-45 range.

I would take Buster over most of the guys mentioned. Kalil and Spencer I would think about over Buster. Other guys would be names like Meriweather, Harrell, Woodley, Bush, Bowe, Hughes, and maybe Alexander
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2 FSU guys « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools