Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2 FSU guys « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Chipper08

Second String
#15 : February 27, 2007, 05:55:19 AM

I like Buster, I just wish he was about 2-3 inches taller. I still think he is a baller though.

Shag

Pro Bowler

#16 : February 27, 2007, 09:53:56 AM

Thing is that the Browns pick ahead of us and LeCharles Bentely isn't expected to play this season which is a bummer. I also see the Oakland Raiders draft him since Im hearing they are running the zone blocking scheme which is perfect fit for Kalil. I wouldn't be mad at all if we got him at 35.(Kalil)

The Bucs and Browns switch order in the 2nd round. I would take Kalil there, but only if we trade down in the first and get a defensive player and one more with the other early second.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#17 : February 27, 2007, 09:58:17 AM

forget those guys Timmons IMO looked awesome ... projected to play WLB too ... hmmmm replace an ole FSU LB with a new FSU LB ... j/k, but Timmons IMO looked like he's gonna be a stud.
Timmons had a god awful workout...it hurt his stock quite a bit.

#18 : February 27, 2007, 02:32:22 PM

That may be a good thing Boid. Timmons is a helluva football player. He might be the best ST player in the entire draft. The guy made a handful of gamechanging playts on ST in his Sophomore year. Im just not copmpletely sold that he knows the ins and outs of the LB position like Buster Davis does. Timmons is a great athlete, and would be a great fit at WLB for us. Hopefully somehow he has slipped to the 2nd round

I wouldnt be completely surprised if he has slipped. I was shocked when he declared for the draft and his name wa sin the middle of the 1st orund on mock drafts. I know he has a high ceiling but Im noyt sure he is a 1st round pick

devasher

Starter
#19 : February 27, 2007, 04:47:42 PM

As has been mentioned, one of the good things to come out of losing the coin flip is that we pick ahead of the Browns in the second round, so if Kalil is there (looks more like a late-1st round guy at the moment) then he would be hard to pass up given our need at Center IMO.

Buster would be a solid pick at 2b if he's there, though he may go in the middle of the 2nd round, and is more of a MLB that WLB (but would be a helluva player to get that late in the late second regardless)

Timmons would obviously be a high profile/high upside player to plug in to our high 2nd Rd pick if he were to drop there.

scope88

Starter

#20 : February 27, 2007, 07:33:09 PM

draft buster to back up ruud?
Buster > Ruud
I think Ruud might be a career backup/ST player.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#21 : February 27, 2007, 08:25:23 PM

Didn't Demeco Ryans ahve a slow 40 time also? I thought it was in the 4.6 range, or something like that.

4.65. Speed wasn't his game though, he was very good at everything else. His vert and broad jumps were almost the exact same as Manny Lawson's, who is considered an athletic freak.

Plus, they old saying is you can be slow or small but not both.  Ryans had the size his speed was his knock.  Buster looks to be a tad slow and undersized.  It can be done but that is the old adage. 

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#22 : February 27, 2007, 08:31:42 PM

Buster > Ruud

I think that is an absurd statement and there really isn't much of anything to back that up. 

Ruud coming out of college much > Buster.

Ruud is much better in coverage and they are about the same speed, but Ruud has much better size and quickness.

scope88

Starter

#23 : February 27, 2007, 09:26:10 PM

Buster > Ruud

I think that is an absurd statement and there really isn't much of anything to back that up. 

Ruud coming out of college much > Buster.

Ruud is much better in coverage and they are about the same speed, but Ruud has much better size and quickness.
Your right, there is nothing to back it up. It's just what I think.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2 FSU guys « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools