Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What Makes A WR A Bust? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

: February 26, 2007, 09:17:49 PM

What are the factors? Mike Williams was a lack of work ethic. Clayton (work ethic?) and his hands didnt connect... What are your tohughts on how a WR becoems a bust?

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 26, 2007, 09:23:08 PM

Work ethic and maturity.   The guys who like the party life are the ones who run into trouble.

#2 : February 26, 2007, 09:24:07 PM

Work ethic and maturity.

Add system and qb to that list.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 26, 2007, 09:24:46 PM

What makes every player a bust should be the better question. It is really hard work and dedication and attitude. Some types of systems fit better than others... Clayton really didn't show he could be a true #1 on tape, Mike Williams moves slower than school buses.. Usually great players you hear about hard they work,(ex: Larry Fitzgearld and Andre Johnson)

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

#4 : February 26, 2007, 09:26:20 PM

Clayton (work ethic?) and his hands didnt connect...

This is what scares me about CJ a little.  No one was more down-to-earth and humble than Clayton out of college.  He had one of the best WR rookie campaigns ever, and then he hit a wall.  So no matter how good someone's character is and how hard they work, you just never know how suddenly becoming multi-millionaires will effect them.

catch2355

Practice Squad

#5 : February 26, 2007, 09:27:22 PM

disapearing in games, and lack of good work ethic once they get the big pay check

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 26, 2007, 09:28:54 PM

you just never know how suddenly becoming multi-millionaires will effect them.

I wonder what would happen if I were a multi-millionaire?   Would I still be so humble?    I believe so.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 26, 2007, 09:30:52 PM

So lack of work ethic basically? So maybe that should be just as important as the 40 time!

And I say give Clayton 2 more years THEN get rid of him... maybe he just needs to figure some tihngs out, maybe Gallowway will hlep him out

#8 : February 26, 2007, 09:34:51 PM

you just never know how suddenly becoming multi-millionaires will effect them.

I wonder what would happen if I were a multi-millionaire? Would I still be so humble? I believe so.

You would probably go on a wild bender all over the world banging any young chick that would have you...............so correct, it wouldn't change you.   :P

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 26, 2007, 09:42:55 PM

You would probably go on a wild bender all over the world banging any young chick that would have you...............so correct, it wouldn't change you. :P

Look who's talking....    Had your current wife not tamed you down, you would still be running wild.   :)

#10 : February 26, 2007, 09:44:12 PM

You would probably go on a wild bender all over the world banging any young chick that would have you...............so correct, it wouldn't change you. :P

Look who's talking.... Had your current wife not tamed you down, you would still be running wild. :)

She didn't "tame me down", I just ran out of steam.

#11 : February 26, 2007, 10:22:53 PM

So lack of work ethic basically? So maybe that should be just as important as the 40 time!

And I say give Clayton 2 more years THEN get rid of him... maybe he just needs to figure some tihngs out, maybe Gallowway will hlep him out

2 more? for what?

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 26, 2007, 10:24:42 PM

2 more? for what?
Cuz if Peyton Manning makes him a star... I will cry... idk let him stick around and see if does anything

#13 : February 26, 2007, 10:29:19 PM

2 more? for what?
Cuz if Peyton Manning makes him a star... I will cry... idk let him stick around and see if does anything

No chance of that. He's too slow and his hands are suspect.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#14 : February 26, 2007, 10:33:52 PM

2 more? for what?

No chance of that. He's too slow and his hands are suspect.
Well he's coming back this year, idk maybe I'm too optimistic...

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What Makes A WR A Bust? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools