Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Am somewhat surprised « previous next »
Page: 1

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
: November 19, 2009, 05:20:02 PM

at the lack of posters playing the weekly predictions this year.

Just because someone appears to be in the lead, doesn't mean they will continue.

Last week a first time player won champ of the week.

Why not you?

Try your luck.  Why not? You could be a winner. And the odds are better than the lottery or PCH or Readers Digest.

Welcome aboard. Join the fun!

P.S.
If you don't understand the spread, PM me and I will teach you. Ask Ladyfan as I have others.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

conrad77

Pro Bowler

#1 : November 19, 2009, 05:39:41 PM

Yeah, everyone has gotten toasted over the past three weeks and many who were on top have fallen drastically.  It's a wide open challenge now and since it is based on win percentage rather than overall win/loss record, everyone has a shot.  Thanks again to Unc for putting this all together and taking the time to manage it.

[Add witty one liner here]

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 19, 2009, 05:41:54 PM

I think its a lotta fun and I enjoy it.

It adds to the week of football to me.

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#3 : November 19, 2009, 06:26:03 PM

its something that fun to do, takes away from the manotany that goes on here at times, some people miss out b/c they just forget to put their picks in or are too busy, i'm guilty of that

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#4 : November 19, 2009, 06:31:43 PM

I played week one then I never saw anyone post for week two and by the time I found it the game had started.   I don't think it got posted until the night before.   After that I just decided to skip the rest of the weeks.   I guess I can start playing again.   I do appreciate all your hard work on doing it Stan.    Does anyone know why the regular guy who used to do it doesn't post here anymore?   

conrad77

Pro Bowler

#5 : November 19, 2009, 09:07:04 PM

its something that fun to do, takes away from the manotany that goes on here at times, some people miss out b/c they just forget to put their picks in or are too busy, i'm guilty of that

Yeah, and it gives everyone a chance to beat out the other posters they clash with and prove who knows football better...lol

[Add witty one liner here]

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 19, 2009, 09:34:35 PM

Haven't seen Revfish in a while.

Ithought he had some personal issues?

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler

#7 : November 19, 2009, 11:35:04 PM

Thanks for taking the time to run this Stan. I look forward to making my picks every week, sometimes twice. lol

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 20, 2009, 07:10:03 AM

FWIW,

Revfish is alive and well I can assure you. I have been in touch with him.

He moved from his former home (I think in the Carolinas) to a new Pastorate in Texas. He is devoting all his time to his new church and church members. He just doesn't have the necessary time to devote to doing this every week.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#9 : November 20, 2009, 10:15:52 AM

I enjoy it but I think it is more fun to pick straight up. Less stress on you too Uncle Stan, trying to go through point spreads every week. Rev used to list the spreads but I am pretty sure we picked straight up. It makes a big difference in the outcome each week... makes for a closer race as well.

I appreciate what you are doing though, and I think I only missed one week so far.
Thank you

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 20, 2009, 01:46:29 PM

TbC,

FWIW,

Rev never did it straight up, to my knowledge.

I know he didn't the last two years because I backed up his data.

From what Prefer tells me, 2006 was the same way.

I don't mind doing it. And Chev has almost finished a program to allow anyone to do it, whoever follows me.

As long as I am able, I will continue to do it-assuming no one is objecting. I added a few things to the base that Rev had set up. Maybe the biggest one was printing the rules each week so the newbies would know whats going on. Noticed the last two years, Rev had had some complaints, but I only had one this year and the rules were changed to make it clearer. The members voted for another one. All is good. Think all the kinks are finally gone.

My only big surprise was the lack of posters. Except for the first year, this is the lowest average per week in a long while. Maybe it was because of the uncertainty in the beginning.

jcarruth

Pro Bowler
#11 : November 20, 2009, 03:43:24 PM

Speaking for myself I have already switched to off-season mode, so following at the level of detail to predict scores, etc is out :)

Capt_Chaos

Pro Bowler
#12 : November 20, 2009, 03:45:00 PM

yeah ive actually been more excited about my next season on madden!!!!!

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Am somewhat surprised « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools