Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bree's to give Freeman pointers in the off-season at the urging of Olson « previous next »
Page: 1 2

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
: November 20, 2009, 07:12:35 AM

Bucs offensive coordinator Greg Olson coached a young, skinny quarterback at Purdue named Drew Brees. Now he has asked Brees if he could spend some time in the off-season with Bucs rookie quarterback Josh Freeman.

Bree's said even if the teams are in the same division, he will give a few pointers to Freeman in the off-season.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team/tampa-bay-buccaneers/teamreport

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

DKWEST

Starter

#1 : November 20, 2009, 07:17:21 AM

What's the pointers going to be,..  Leave a team with a crappy coach and go to a team with a good coach, just like Drew Brees did?

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 20, 2009, 07:18:16 AM

What's the pointers going to be,..  Leave a team with a crappy coach and go to a team with a good coach, just like Drew Brees did?

That would be good advice.

white dragon

Practice Squad

#3 : November 20, 2009, 08:31:58 AM

Java is like a broken record

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 20, 2009, 09:26:09 AM

Personally, I think Olson is a GOOD QB coach, not a crappy one.

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 20, 2009, 09:45:24 AM

I love how Java is in every thread. Its like hes got a radar in his head that shows him where there's an opening in a thread to interject his negative input.

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 20, 2009, 09:48:48 AM

Freeman looks pretty darn prepared, a lot of that credit must go to Olson.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 20, 2009, 10:08:37 AM

Java isnt around when we win... I find that interesting...

Maybe he is Jon Gruden himself :)

DKWEST

Starter

#8 : November 20, 2009, 10:26:35 AM

Most quarterbacks have a sort of a bond,..  Brees has been where Freeman is now. Brees went 4-12 his first season.

With this coaching staff, Freeman is going to need all the outside help he can get.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS:

You people worry too much about particular posters,..  Why let it get to you,..  it's a username on a message board.

If you have something to say about the topic,.  whether you're sincere, joking, being analictical, sarcastic, or whatever,..  say your piece and don't take this message board banter too seriously.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

john.matincheck

Starter

#9 : November 20, 2009, 11:08:44 AM

What's the pointers going to be,..  Leave a team with a crappy coach and go to a team with a good coach, just like Drew Brees did?

The fact that you ask that question and no one on this board has a clue what a true exchange between a veteran QB and a young QB might cover is all you need to know about how valuable that type of dialog can be. The transfer of intellectual property is the most powerful tool known to man; hence the creation of something called the internet.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 20, 2009, 11:10:34 AM

I have no quarrel with Olsen as QB coach.  If he helped get JF prepared from where I saw him at TC, he's a genius!  Nor do I have a problen with hin as an offensive coach....a position he was thrown into just like everyone else at the last minute.  He's doing the best he can and beginning to adapt etc.  The point is that with this team everyone's just has to do his best until we can all catch our collective breath after the season ends.  THAT's when the real work begins for next year.  If done well, next year could look pretty good.  I hope they don't change too many coachs and I hope like the **CENSORED**ens they do not bring back the entire T2 defensive scheme.  Okay to cherry pick the best of....that's suited to this team.  Like some of you, I don't give a flip about which D scheme they use as long as they play smash mouth aggressive up the middle QB eating dirt kinda football.... ;D ;D ;D

Love othe idea of Brees giving pointers to Freeman....awesome....thank you universe ( You want Lefty being his NFL tip giver on all things QB?)

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#11 : November 21, 2009, 01:43:38 AM

I don't hate Olson, I think he is straight....

Hopefully Brees can help him out. Definitely can't hurt.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#12 : November 21, 2009, 03:03:52 AM

Freeman looks pretty darn prepared, a lot of that credit must go to Olson.
What about the QB who has MORE time under his belt with Olson?  JJ? 

Or maybe Luke?  Who was traded?

It seems that Olson has not "gotten" to Freeman just yet, and maybe that is hwy he is playin' well?

Just a thought.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 21, 2009, 04:54:44 AM

Right, do you know anything about football?
Marty Schottenheimer with his 200 career wins is a crappy coach while Payton with his single winning season going into this year is a good one?

DKWEST

Starter

#14 : November 21, 2009, 08:36:22 AM

Right, do you know anything about football?
Marty Schottenheimer with his 200 career wins is a crappy coach while Payton with his single winning season going into this year is a good one?

It was a joke dumbasss,..   

But MartyBall got Schotty fired from Washington and San Diego.  Schottenheimer coached for 25 years and never even made it to 1 Super Bowl.   Pretty dubious distinction to have that many wins,..  that many years,.  and never even take a team to a Super Bowl.  Sean Peyton has coached all over 3 seaons, Won Coach of the Year, has turned around one of the most futile franchises ever, has one of the most prolific offenses in NFL History, and I'd bet the farm he takes a team to the Super Bowl  long before the year 2031.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bree's to give Freeman pointers in the off-season at the urging of Olson « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools