Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bree's to give Freeman pointers in the off-season at the urging of Olson « previous next »
Page: 1 2

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 21, 2009, 08:50:52 AM

What's the pointers going to be,..  Leave a team with a crappy coach and go to a team with a good coach, just like Drew Brees did?
I don't think you remember when they were calling for Sean Payton's head a year of so ago...so please Players playing the way they are suppose to makes a Coach look Great...Check out the Buc's and their newly found QB...OBD

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#16 : November 21, 2009, 09:54:22 AM

Right, do you know anything about football?
Marty Schottenheimer with his 200 career wins is a crappy coach while Payton with his single winning season going into this year is a good one?

It was a joke dumbasss,..   

But MartyBall got Schotty fired from Washington and San Diego.  Schottenheimer coached for 25 years and never even made it to 1 Super Bowl.   Pretty dubious distinction to have that many wins,..  that many years,.  and never even take a team to a Super Bowl.  Sean Peyton has coached all over 3 seaons, Won Coach of the Year, has turned around one of the most futile franchises ever, has one of the most prolific offenses in NFL History, and I'd bet the farm he takes a team to the Super Bowl  long before the year 2031.

You do know that jokes are meant to be funny, right???

As for Payton tunring around the franchise, now that's a joke.
You are aware that his first 3 years as Saints Head coach he has done the same exact thing as Haslett did and Haslett was considered a joke as HC by their own fans. It takes more than a winning season and a single playoff win to turn a franchise around, you just watch the rest of the year, they will remember who they are and crumble, then miss the playoffs the next few years, they can't help it, thats who they are. The Saints are nothing more than a mediocre team (and were long before Payton arrived), they've just forgotten that fact.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 21, 2009, 12:06:38 PM

Freeman looks pretty darn prepared, a lot of that credit must go to Olson.
What about the QB who has MORE time under his belt with Olson?  JJ? 

Or maybe Luke?  Who was traded?

It seems that Olson has not "gotten" to Freeman just yet, and maybe that is hwy he is playin' well?

Just a thought.

This does have to be a consideration. I felt this same doubt involving Gruden and the players who he had under his tutelage. Guess we'll just have to wait and see..

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 22, 2009, 04:08:25 AM

Freeman looks pretty darn prepared, a lot of that credit must go to Olson.
What about the QB who has MORE time under his belt with Olson? JJ?

Or maybe Luke? Who was traded?

It seems that Olson has not "gotten" to Freeman just yet, and maybe that is hwy he is playin' well?

Just a thought.

This does have to be a consideration. I felt this same doubt involving Gruden and the players who he had under his tutelage. Guess we'll just have to wait and see..

has to be a huge consideration, IMO.  Olson aint all that.

conrad77

Pro Bowler

#19 : November 22, 2009, 11:02:22 AM

Java isnt around when we win... I find that interesting...

Maybe he is Jon Gruden himself :)

No way.  Not even Gruden loves himself as much as Java does.

[Add witty one liner here]
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bree's to give Freeman pointers in the off-season at the urging of Olson « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools