Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: According to ESPN's Robert Smith speaking about Charlie Weiss.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

matt

Starter

#15 : November 21, 2009, 10:08:51 AM

I have a sneaky feeling that it's going to either be Jon Gruden or Urban Meyer.

Gruden has a pretty cushy gig and I think he works better as a pro coach. What advantage would Urban Meyer gain by leaving Gainesville for South Bend? More pressure and terrible weather 7-8 months out of the year can't be that appealing.

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 21, 2009, 12:00:39 PM

Gruden has a pretty cushy gig and I think he works better as a pro coach. What advantage would Urban Meyer gain by leaving Gainesville for South Bend? More pressure and terrible weather 7-8 months out of the year can't be that appealing.

Both have gushed about that being a "dream job" so we will have to wait and see I guess.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#17 : November 21, 2009, 05:45:44 PM

Gruden just signed an extension with ESPN for MNF that would cost him quite a bit to get out of.

Meyer has found his dream job and this is it

Quote from:  Urban Meyer
"After the Oklahoma game, I realized that this is it," he said. "I could see it coming before, but there were a bunch of moments this spring. It's coaching 101 when you first put your foot into coaching. What is your dream job? You've got your facility, your strength staff, training staff, a really good group of players where there is no void coming up.

"It's Melrose. It's Bluewater Bay. It's Buchholz High School. It's watching Nate pitch Little League and it's no cow pasture. It's a big-time field at Diamond Sports Park. It's my church, Queen of Peace, where I know the priest now. It's Ballyhoo's, and they put me and my daughter at a corner table and we laugh. It's being out in a boat on Lake Santa Fe watching the sun set. It's a conglomeration of comfort. I can drive to my office in seven minutes. I can be at Bluewater Bay in 18 minutes if I hit the lights right.

"I think human beings are driven for peace of mind. As a coach, what's your peace of mind? I've got peace of mind. This is my dream job. Three years ago, I couldn't say that. When I came here, I talked about how great Gainesville was, but I didn't know. Now, oh my God. Now, I can say, wow. I love Gainesville now."

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 21, 2009, 11:54:09 PM

The Irish go down to the Huskies today 33-30 which means for sure.................adios Charlie boy.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 22, 2009, 12:15:04 AM

The Irish go down to the Huskies today 33-30 which means for sure.................adios Charlie boy.

That game was so fun to watch.  Its funny how I tune in to ND games just to see if they lose..

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

#20 : November 22, 2009, 12:16:18 AM

I feel bad for Clausen, that guys is putting up good #s all year. and won't be noticed for it because ND sucks.

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 22, 2009, 12:55:08 AM

I feel bad for Clausen, that guys is putting up good #s all year. and won't be noticed for it because ND sucks.

He may not get a Heisman out of it but he will be a first or second round pick this coming spring and sign a fat contract, so don't go feeling too sorry for him.

#22 : November 22, 2009, 01:05:29 AM

He may not get a Heisman out of it but he will be a first or second round pick this coming spring and sign a fat contract, so don't go feeling too sorry for him.
He should be the first QB taken. Cleveland should do the duo of Clausen and hire Weis as OC.

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 22, 2009, 01:07:08 AM

He should be the first QB taken. Cleveland should do the duo of Clausen and hire Weis as OC.

Not a bad idea Legend and then trade Brady Quinn to someone for maybe a 3rd rounder if they can get it.

#24 : November 22, 2009, 01:13:23 AM

Not a bad idea Legend and then trade Brady Quinn to someone for maybe a 3rd rounder if they can get it.
No one is gonna want Quinn. He has the tools to be a good NFL QB, but he is ruined. They may get a 5th from someone like the Vikings who could use Favre to maybe mentor him for 1 year.

I heard Holmgren would be interested in the Browns. Maybe that Franchise can finally get headed in the right direction again.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#25 : November 22, 2009, 11:07:36 AM

He is being noticed, and I don't think he is out of the Heisman race. If he was on any other team that crappy he'd be out, but because it's ND, he still gets the hype and attention.

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 22, 2009, 12:12:17 PM

No one is gonna want Quinn. He has the tools to be a good NFL QB, but he is ruined. They may get a 5th from someone like the Vikings who could use Favre to maybe mentor him for 1 year.

I heard Holmgren would be interested in the Browns. Maybe that Franchise can finally get headed in the right direction again.

Hey I never thought in my wildest dreams that anyone would give us a 2ND ROUNDER for Gaines Adams either; that was highway robbery by us.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#27 : November 22, 2009, 08:13:04 PM

Cleveland would be wise to reinite Brady with CW as his OC.  He resurrected his college career.  Maybe he could resurrect his NFL career.  How much will it cost ND to buy out his contract BTW?

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 22, 2009, 08:15:57 PM

Cleveland would be wise to reinite Brady with CW as his OC. He resurrected his college career. Maybe he could resurrect his NFL career. How much will it cost ND to buy out his contract BTW?

Between $17 and 18 million to buyout.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#29 : November 22, 2009, 08:18:59 PM

can they justify paying that much to somebody to not coach in these times?

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: According to ESPN's Robert Smith speaking about Charlie Weiss.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools