Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: FA Quarterbacks this offseason? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

SeedOfChucky33

Hall of Famer

: October 17, 2006, 06:59:05 PM

All the extra cap space had me thinking...

Who are the big name FA QB's this offseason? Grads has shown he is serviceable but I doubt he'll ever be 'great', and I feel the same way about Simms.

So what are we looking at in terms of  FA quarterbacks (not counting Simms, of course)? I think that's the best option for the team.

When you talk about what the college football experience is all about, that's it. Auburn is the epitome.
--Bud Poliquin, Syracuse Post-Standard
[/b]

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 17, 2006, 07:02:51 PM

Last year was the big off-season for QB's, not this year. Expect the big signings to come on the defensive side of the ball if there's any quality out there. Stock pile picks, IMO, and revamp this defense.

#2 : October 17, 2006, 07:03:42 PM

I like what I've seen from Grads, we don't need a 'great' QB (not like they ever hit the FA market anyhow) to win here. He's a rook for Chandler's sake...I love what I saw poise wise from the G-Man, and I'll gladly wait until after this season to really think about the FA to be at QB

ohan Davey, RFA, Arizona Cardinals
Shaun King, UFA, Indianapolis Colts
John Navarre, RFA, Arizona Cardinals
Patrick Ramsey, UFA, New York Jets
Tim Rattay, UFA, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Seneca Wallace, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
Anthony Wright, UFA, Cincinnati Bengals

with Simms and Schaub

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 17, 2006, 07:04:14 PM

Who are the big name FA QB's this offseason? Grads has shown he is serviceable but I doubt he'll ever be 'great',

Are you serious.......did you see Grudens face and body language on the sidelines.  Have you listened to Gruden praising Grads.

He might not pan out, but he definitely shows signs of being great in this offense.

SeedOfChucky33

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 17, 2006, 07:08:47 PM

Grads has been good, but with how realativley young on offense the Bucs are, and the aging/soon to be 'revamped' D, I think a vet would be SO much better than Gradkowski for this team...like Brad Johnson was for us in 02...

When you talk about what the college football experience is all about, that's it. Auburn is the epitome.
[/b]

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 17, 2006, 07:10:17 PM

Grads has been good, but with how realativley young on offense the Bucs are, and the aging/soon to be 'revamped' D, I think a vet would be SO much better than Gradkowski for this team...like Brad Johnson was for us in 02...

If Grads progresses there isn;t a FA QB that would be better for this O next season IMO. 

#6 : October 17, 2006, 07:15:04 PM

so rather than spend money on the D to get younger...you'd rather buy an old QB to go with an old D.....?

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 17, 2006, 07:18:41 PM

so rather than spend money on the D to get younger...you'd rather buy an old QB to go with an old D.....?

Well said my friend  ;D

Grads earning the starters spot is the best thing for this team for so many reasons.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 17, 2006, 07:19:45 PM

Who are the big name FA QB's this offseason? Grads has shown he is serviceable but I doubt he'll ever be 'great', and I feel the same way about Simms.

So what are we looking at in terms of FA quarterbacks (not counting Simms, of course)? I think that's the best option for the team.

huh?

*turbo shakes head in amazement*

SeedOfChucky33

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 17, 2006, 07:25:24 PM

So you're saying that Grads will one day be 'great'?

I guess I'm not sold after 2 games. If he goes out and produces like Simms did last year, then I will be. I just can't count on it until I see it, that doesn't happen too often. We are very lucky if Bruce shapes up like that!

I was just speculating, assuming we don't decide on Grads as the long term option...my bad guys....

You all seem to be sold that he is the future after 2 games? That's a little quick, imo. We'll see.

[/b]

gharen

Pro Bowler

#10 : October 17, 2006, 07:27:35 PM

The only QB's we'll be looking at are vets as backups to give Grads someone to tlk to on the sidelines. I hate to say it because I've never really cared for the guy but Warner would be a good backup for Grads. He seems to like working with the young guys.

magicfan39126

Pro Bowler

#11 : October 17, 2006, 07:28:50 PM

Grads has shown he is serviceable but I doubt he'll ever be 'great'

Gradko is a perfect fit for this offense. I don't want to go overboard here but I think he'll be the QB here for a long time.

I wonder what people would think of Bruce if he was a 6'5'' 1st rounder with a reputation for having 'strong arm'. I don't think people would be so quick to dimiss him.

SeedOfChucky33

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 17, 2006, 07:29:17 PM

If Grads progresses there isn;t a FA QB that would be better for this O next season IMO. 

Agreed, but I didn't know who the FA's where when I started this thread, that was the point, to ask...

After looking over the list, it seems as if holding onto Grads as the starter next year is the best decision, assuming he doesn't bomb.

You know a message board is going downhill when you can't ask a simple question without getting jumped on. Sorry if I offended you... (not necesarrily talking to you, MJ)

[/b]

#13 : October 17, 2006, 07:29:36 PM

I guess I'm not sold after 2 games. If he goes out and produces like Simms did last year, then I will be. I just can't count on it until I see it, that doesn't happen too often. We are very lucky if Bruce shapes up like that!

I was just speculating, assuming we don't decide on Grads as the long term option...my bad guys....

You all seem to be sold that he is the future after 2 games? That's a little quick, imo. We'll see.
excuse me but how many QBs in the league are great, Brady and Manning there aren't any other 'great' QBs left. You act as if we need that hug ename to win, Simms last season, Brad before him, Gannon before him, Gruden doesn't need 'great' QBs he needs guys who get the job done.

Nobody is selling the future but who the hell do we bring in? Grad is the only option (and don't even say Schaub, he's a RFA, it could cost us a 1st and 3rd and he's not nearly worth that) also have you watched the same games I have? I'm amazed by this kid, he's exciting (like diving for that first down) has that swagger, and poise / toughness....3 TDs, 2 turnovers, only 1 by INT (though he could have a few more, but what QB couldn't?) a 3:1 ratio isn't bad at all for a vet, it's amazing for a rook.

magicfan39126

Pro Bowler

#14 : October 17, 2006, 07:30:15 PM

Look at Simms' game by game stats from last year. They're not as good as you think. Simms was a 3rd year player anyway.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: FA Quarterbacks this offseason? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools