Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: FA Quarterbacks this offseason? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

SeedOfChucky33

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 17, 2006, 07:30:53 PM

so rather than spend money on the D to get younger...you'd rather buy an old QB to go with an old D.....?

I was under the impression that 25 mil of cap space plus restructures might be enough to do both...how much could a vet QB cost, 4-5 mil? There's no one out there anyways, so throw the idea out the window...

When you talk about what the college football experience is all about, that's it. Auburn is the epitome.
--Bud Poliquin, Syracuse Post-Standard
[/b]

SeedOfChucky33

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 17, 2006, 07:33:05 PM

Look at Simms' game by game stats from last year. They're not as good as you think. Simms was a 3rd year player anyway.

He got the most important stat, the W. If grads does that, there is nothing more I can ask of him or anyone else.

When you talk about what the college football experience is all about, that's it. Auburn is the epitome.
[/b]

#17 : October 17, 2006, 07:34:34 PM

I was under the impression that 25 mil of cap space plus restructures might be enough to do both...how much could a vet QB cost, 4-5 mil? There's no one out there anyways, so throw the idea out the window...
believe me, I did...we do have some business of our own to take care of, re-signing Dewayne White comes to mind, taking a run at Freeney, Briggs, amongst others also intrigues me, also consider we have 4 picks in the first 80 (possibly) I'd say we need to be fruitful with our money rather than spend to spend (see 2003 off-season, Garner, Stuessie, ect. all)

magicfan39126

Pro Bowler

#18 : October 17, 2006, 07:35:03 PM

He got the most important stat, the W. If grads does that, there is nothing more I can ask of him or anyone else.

Well he also had a #1 defense helping him get those wins.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#19 : October 17, 2006, 07:36:18 PM

Mr. D'Ray is right on. Gradkowski's poise, leadership and charisma is what this team has never really had. Then you throw in his athleticism and I think 5 years from now people will be asking how did Bruce not get drafted in the first.

SeedOfChucky33

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 17, 2006, 07:37:07 PM

excuse me but how many QBs in the league are great, Brady and Manning there aren't any other 'great' QBs left. You act as if we need that hug ename to win, Simms last season, Brad before him, Gannon before him, Gruden doesn't need 'great' QBs he needs guys who get the job done.

I never said we needed and elite QB. I understand how other's can get 'great' confused, as I shouldn't have used that word, but I alreayd told you what I meant by 'great' over IM....

rj (AIM)
7:06
who gives a fudge if he's not the next Steve Young
....i meant a good D
AUfootball24 (AIM)
well we can go out and get a drew brees type....
like the saints did
rj (AIM)
yeah

And there is obviously no Drew Brees out there, so dismiss that option. I was just speculating, a 'what if' scenario...

[/b]

SeedOfChucky33

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 17, 2006, 07:38:08 PM

Mr. D'Ray is right on. Gradkowski's poise, leadership and charisma is what this team has never really had. Then you throw in his athleticism and I think 5 years from now people will be asking how did Bruce not get drafted in the first.

That may be true, but after all it has only been 2 game. I was just speculating on what we might do if he didn't pan out.

[/b]

#22 : October 17, 2006, 07:38:19 PM

agreed, the kid makes watching him exciting, I've been watching the Bucs for a long time and I've never seen a team erupt like that during a regular season game, non clincher of course, the excitement for all 53 guys was evident and Bruce was the spark.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#23 : October 17, 2006, 07:41:53 PM

The special QB's just seem to get the whole team playing better and that's what I've seen the last 2 weeks. When they have a QB they believe in the OL blocks harder, the backs and receivers run better and the defense tackles better!

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 17, 2006, 07:45:09 PM

So you're saying that Grads will one day be 'great'?

Who knows how he will develop, but he set college records for accuracy, Gruden loves him and he ran for 9 TDs in one season.  The kid has made an amazing start, so fingers crossed it continues.

I guess I'm not sold after 2 games. If he goes out and produces like Simms did last year, then I will be. I just can't count on it until I see it, that doesn't happen too often. We are very lucky if Bruce shapes up like that!

Produces like Simms?  hell i hope not, Simms wasn't that impressive last year.  Chris was under 185 yards a game with a TD:INt of 10:7.  If Grads is anywhere near that bad after 15 games he is gone.

You all seem to be sold that he is the future after 2 games? That's a little quick, imo. We'll see.

I was sold on him without seeing him play.  The kid has charisma that shines through in interviews.  His college stats are great and all he needed to do was prove he can do it at the NFL level.  All we heard in pre-season was he was playing 3rd stringers, now he has played starters for two weeks and pretty much replicated his pre-season form............Gruden loves him Grads will succeed.

#25 : October 17, 2006, 07:47:37 PM

Who knows how he will develop, but he set college records for accuracy, Gruden loves him and he ran for 9 TDs in one season.  The kid has made an amazing start, so fingers crossed it continues.

Produces like Simms?  hell i hope not, Simms wasn;t that impressive last year.  Chris was under 200 yards a game with a TD:INt of 10:7.  If Grads is anywhere near that bad after 15 games he is gone.

I was sold on him without seeing him play.  The kid has charisma that shines through in interviews.  His college stats are great and all he needed to do was prove he can do it at the NFL level.  All we heard in pre-season was he was playing 3rd stringers, now he has played starters for two weeks and pretty much replicated his pre-season form............Gruden loves him Grads will succeed.
agreed, me and you are probably on far sides of the 'Simms Spectrum' but I'll admit I wasn't sold on Bruce just because he burnt up 3rd stringers in a meaningless pre-season game. But after he took it to the Saints, and beat the Bengals like he did...this kid has earned my respect and I may have to buy a pewter 7 jersey (I usually don't purchase QB's jerseys)

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 17, 2006, 07:49:58 PM

agreed, me and you are probably on far sides of the 'Simms Spectrum' but I'll admit I wasn't sold on Bruce just because he burnt up 3rd stringers in a meaningless pre-season game. But after he took it to the Saints, and beat the Bengals like he did...this kid has earned my respect and I may have to buy a pewter 7 jersey (I usually don't purchase QB's jerseys)

We haven;t seen the best of him yet.  Grads has constantly progressed through his career, and he will grow in Tampa in Gruden's O with Hackett coaching him.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#27 : October 17, 2006, 08:05:11 PM

huh?

*turbo shakes head in amazement*

Of course, rather than contribute anything (as usual) you just post some stupid blather.  No wonder you have such a high post count.  All you post is stuff liek "huh" "lol" "lmao" and "I agree".

Seed, I don't think there is really anyone out there for us to concentrate on at QB with our extra cap room.  First order would obviously be rebuilding the defense through draft picks and FA.  Grads may or may not be the answer, but I think right now him + McCown and Maybe Simms is at least equivilent to any FA we can get, plus they are more familiar with the system.

I wouldn't mind Schaub but I believe he will be a RFA and if they tender him the Max (which I bet they will) will cost a pretty penny in draft picks.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 17, 2006, 08:11:31 PM

Of course, rather than contribute anything (as usual) you just post some stupid blather. No wonder you have such a high post count. All you post is stuff liek "huh" "lol" "lmao" and "I agree".

Seed, I don't think there is really anyone out there for us to concentrate on at QB with our extra cap room. First order would obviously be rebuilding the defense through draft picks and FA. Grads may or may not be the answer, but I think right now him + McCown and Maybe Simms is at least equivilent to any FA we can get, plus they are more familiar with the system.

I wouldn't mind Schaub but I believe he will be a RFA and if they tender him the Max (which I bet they will) will cost a pretty penny in draft picks.

lol @ Ray...anger management classes can be found in every city in America, just ask for help.

SeedOfChucky33

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 17, 2006, 08:13:18 PM

Seed, I don't think there is really anyone out there for us to concentrate on at QB with our extra cap room.  First order would obviously be rebuilding the defense through draft picks and FA.  Grads may or may not be the answer, but I think right now him + McCown and Maybe Simms is at least equivilent to any FA we can get, plus they are more familiar with the system.

Hey, look! I got a response that didn't call me retard for proposing a very posisble scenario! Awesome!

[/b]
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: FA Quarterbacks this offseason? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools