Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If CJ and JT are gone « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#15 : February 27, 2007, 11:28:56 AM

Gaines Adams has solidified himself as the top defensive lineman in the draft mostly because Jamaal Anderson didn't workout yesterday. If JT and CJ are both gone Adams should be the pick unless the team decides to take a QB.

For now. Anderson could come in and look amazing on his pro day. Way too early to call the DE race yet.

I agree, but the pressure will be on him to do really well. Right now, you'd have to agree that the best pure pass rusher is Adams. If Anderson can come out and show decent speed, then he's the top man because of his size. If not you go with the speed rusher.

And by all accounts he's fast for his size.  I expect Anderson to go ahead of Adams.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#16 : February 27, 2007, 11:31:17 AM

Gaines Adams has solidified himself as the top defensive lineman in the draft mostly because Jamaal Anderson didn't workout yesterday. If JT and CJ are both gone Adams should be the pick unless the team decides to take a QB.

For now. Anderson could come in and look amazing on his pro day. Way too early to call the DE race yet.

I agree, but the pressure will be on him to do really well. Right now, you'd have to agree that the best pure pass rusher is Adams. If Anderson can come out and show decent speed, then he's the top man because of his size. If not you go with the speed rusher.

And by all accounts he's fast for his size. I expect Anderson to go ahead of Adams.

What accounts? We won't know until he actually gets out there and runs.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#17 : February 27, 2007, 11:34:32 AM

And by all accounts he's fast for his size. I expect Anderson to go ahead of Adams.

They clock guys in spring practice.  He ran a 4.74.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#18 : February 27, 2007, 12:09:41 PM

They clock guys in spring practice. He ran a 4.74.

And his weight was 271. What did he weigh in at for the combine? I heard 280+.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#19 : February 27, 2007, 12:12:55 PM

They clock guys in spring practice. He ran a 4.74.

And his weight was 271. What did he weigh in at for the combine? I heard 280+.

288.  But guys get bigger and stay just as fast during the pre combine traing so we'll just have to wait and see.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#20 : February 27, 2007, 12:15:58 PM

LOL, he's almost twenty pounds heavier and you think he's going to keep the same speed? He's got to show a lot. I promise you that at his Pro Day he'll be slimmer when he runs the 40.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#21 : February 27, 2007, 12:17:52 PM

LOL, he's almost twenty pounds heavier and you think he's going to keep the same speed? He's got to show a lot. I promise you that at his Pro Day he'll be slimmer when he runs the 40.

Calvin Johnson just rol.ed into the combine 20 pounds heavier than his last clocking and he got faster.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#22 : February 27, 2007, 12:21:05 PM

Calvin Johnson just rol.ed into the combine 20 pounds heavier than his last clocking and he got faster.

Get your facts straight. CJ was listed at 225 lbs last spring and he ran a 4.4. He's now a little more than 10 lbs hearvier and he improved his 40 by two tenths of a second. I'll stand by my original statement concerning Anderson. There's a reason why he didn't run or workout and I doubt it had anything to due with an injury.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#23 : February 27, 2007, 12:24:14 PM

Get your facts straight. CJ was listed at 225 lbs last spring and he ran a 4.4. He's now a little more than 10 lbs hearvier and he improved his 40 by two tenths of a second. I'll stand by my original statement concerning Anderson. There's a reason why he didn't run or workout and I doubt it had anything to due with an injury.

Okay so 14.  Who cares?  Anderson is only 8 pounds heaver than his playing weight last spring.  Why can Johnson get faster but Anderson can't? 

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#24 : February 27, 2007, 12:25:28 PM

As much as like Anderson he may have hurt himself but not sticking around at the combine long enough to talk with some of the teams and scouts.

Even the players that did not participate in many (if any drills) decided to stay and talk with teams.

Only reason I can think of is that Anderson and his agent have information that he is already the #1 DE in the draft.  But I am not sure if putting all your eggs in one basket (Pro day) is a good thing.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#25 : February 27, 2007, 12:31:27 PM

Okay so 14. Who cares? Anderson is only 8 pounds heaver than his playing weight last spring. Why can Johnson get faster but Anderson can't?

8 LBS? Try 18, going off the same spring practice numbers, they have him listed at 271.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#26 : February 27, 2007, 12:34:44 PM

Okay so 14. Who cares? Anderson is only 8 pounds heaver than his playing weight last spring. Why can Johnson get faster but Anderson can't?

8 LBS? Try 18, going off the same spring practice numbers, they have him listed at 271.

I've seen most sites list him at 280 including Arkansas' own.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#27 : February 27, 2007, 12:36:53 PM

Gaines Adams

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#28 : February 27, 2007, 12:40:19 PM

You say he ran a 4.74 40 during spring practice, right? Scouts Inc has him listed at 273lbs with that same 40 time, so I'm assuming the 40 and weight were recorded at the same time...spring practice.

The one site that has him listed at 280, has his 40 at 4.85, NFL DRAFTCOUNTDOWN

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#29 : February 27, 2007, 12:42:10 PM

You say he ran a 4.74 40 during spring practice, right? Scouts Inc has him listed at 273lbs with that same 40 time, so I'm assuming the 40 and weight were recorded at the same time...spring practice.

The one site that has him listed at 280, has his 40 at 4.85, NFL DRAFTCOUNTDOWN

And NFL Draft Blitz has him at 280 with a 4.73.  You use your sources and I'll use mine.  None of this stuff is exact at this point anyway.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If CJ and JT are gone « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools