Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Brady Quinn in relation to other 1st round QBs « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#30 : February 27, 2007, 07:47:42 PM

I just cannot see Tampa going with Quinn. Our Defense is too bad to go with a QB. Quinn will be a good player I don't see him turning into a bust type player. IMO Quinn shows flashes of Carson Palmer.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#31 : February 27, 2007, 08:21:54 PM

I just cannot see Tampa going with Quinn. Our Defense is too bad to go with a QB. Quinn will be a good player I don't see him turning into a bust type player. IMO Quinn shows flashes of Carson Palmer.

The D is too bad but since 2002 what screwed us was an offense that couldn't score. The timing for the QB, IMHO, is perfect. You take a QB when you've got nothing and we've got nothing right now. Our best players are all on the wrong side of their careers - the QB takes longer to develop than any other spot. You take the QB now so that in 3-4 years when he's at the peak of his powers the rest of the parts are there around him. The problem with the other approach is you build up all the other parts and then need the QB and now face that 3-4 year climb to get him where he nees to be ready for the championship run.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#32 : February 27, 2007, 08:36:43 PM

The D is too bad but since 2002 what screwed us was an offense that couldn't score. The timing for the QB, IMHO, is perfect. You take a QB when you've got nothing and we've got nothing right now. Our best players are all on the wrong side of their careers - the QB takes longer to develop than any other spot. You take the QB now so that in 3-4 years when he's at the peak of his powers the rest of the parts are there around him. The problem with the other approach is you build up all the other parts and then need the QB and now face that 3-4 year climb to get him where he nees to be ready for the championship run.
Yeah, Quinn would be a great pick. We need to trade Simms for a day 1 pick hopefully someone like the Jaguars or some team thats looking for a QB. If we can get rid of Simms and have Garcia for 1 year that will be great, just like Jon Kitna did for Carson Palmer. Other options I would consider is drafting Gaines Adams since Dewayne White wants too much $$ but then again this years draft is deep at DE and we can get a guy like Tim Crowder at 35.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#33 : February 28, 2007, 01:37:55 PM

He did more reps at the combine than our "Powerfull" RT, so maybe we can draft Quinn then move him to the Oline?

Having weight lifting experience I know that guys with shorter arms will bench more than a player with longer arms unless they are a rare freak.

Also it is called physics.

My instinicts tell me you have never lifted a weight in your life and you have no clue about physics.

The fact that Quinn is 80 pounds lighter than him should come more into play than a 3 or 4 inch reach advantage. Not to mention the fact that JT has a deeper chest so the distance from his chest to full extention would make it about even anyway. If we are talking physics the point you start matters just as much if not more than where you end.
Take a cushion from our couch and put it on your chest and lift off of it you will see its more easy.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Brady Quinn in relation to other 1st round QBs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools