Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: One thing that I like about the FO... « previous next »
Page: 1

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
: November 22, 2009, 06:09:51 PM

They don't mortgage away the future like the Bears and Jets.

Look at what the Jets gave up for Sanchez? They imploded.

Look at what the Bears gave up for Cutler? They imploded.

I think the Jets have always been mortgaging their future away for years. They will be worse before they will get better.

Bears woes started on Defense. They then gave up a ton for Cutler only to give him Johnny Knox and Matt Forte and Greg Olsen.

There is validity to the draft. Trade out of the top 5. Take Dez Bryant or Eric Berry. Then grab a DT and DE's and CBs the rest of the draft

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 22, 2009, 06:11:56 PM

Remember when Rich McKay mortgaged the Bucs future to acquire KeyShawn Johnson and Jon Gruden.

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 22, 2009, 06:13:42 PM

i thought the glazers mortgaged the future for gruden

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 22, 2009, 06:16:42 PM

We got our only Superbowl win out of it. It was worth its weight in gold.

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 22, 2009, 06:18:31 PM

We got our only Superbowl win out of it. It was worth its weight in gold.

i know it was worth it but I think Gruden coming over was more of the glazers than mckay cause i remember his #1 coaching option was marvin lewis

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 22, 2009, 06:19:37 PM

At least if you're going to mortgage your future, you do it for a quarterback. Both Cutler and Sanchez are young enough to still be good when the rest of the team catches up. The Jets' biggest problem is all the money they gave to guys on the wrong side of 30 like Faneca, Woody, Jenkins, etc. who will be in full decline by the time Sanchez may be peaking.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 22, 2009, 06:23:42 PM

They don't mortgage away the future like the Bears and Jets.

Look at what the Bears gave up for Cutler? They imploded.

Well the Bucs were going after Cutler. It was Denver that messed up the trade.

The problem with the Jets is that they are in a "win-now" mentality with a team that really isnt very good. And Sanchez obviously needs much more time to develop and may not get a very good shake at it with a team that demands immediate results.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 22, 2009, 06:42:08 PM

We could have had gotten Cassel for a first. then Traded Cassel for Cutler.

1 draft pick given up would not have been the future. Bears gave up multiple picks + player.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: One thing that I like about the FO... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools