Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why has Clayton not been benched for Stovall? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
: November 23, 2009, 09:17:25 AM

They both freakin suck.

can't argue with that

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 22, 2009, 07:27:27 PM

So Mo Stovall was invisible today...I guess I don't understand. I thought Raheem said that players would be rewarded for playing well. Even though Freeman has developed some solid chemistry with Stovall, he remains on the bench through the majority of the game. It is clear to me, Raheem has an agenda. Get Stovall in the game.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 22, 2009, 07:29:20 PM

Not a Clayton fan but his TD catch was impressive

devasher

Starter
#3 : November 22, 2009, 07:32:00 PM

Clayton is one of Rah's guys.

He's going to do everything in his power to make the re-signing look less stupid than it is. Props to butterfingers for actually catching that pass in the end zone, naturally he was silent the rest of the game against the premier backup-db's of the Saints.

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#4 : November 22, 2009, 07:50:00 PM

Clayton caught the only TD of this game, not his fault, if anything, Stoval should have been in for Bryant.

JC510

Practice Squad

#5 : November 22, 2009, 07:53:59 PM

Clayton was just in the right place at the right time, nothing really impressive about it.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 22, 2009, 07:57:28 PM

Clayton was just in the right place at the right time, nothing really impressive about it.

Anytime Clayton catches a TD pass......I would deem it impressive.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 22, 2009, 07:58:36 PM

Why is Stovall considered some huge upgrade?  Guys had what 4 years to crack the starting line up and can't do it.   We're not talking about Jerry Rice here folks.  Geez

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 22, 2009, 08:06:22 PM

The only reason to put Stovall in over Clayton is simply to see if he might be better. Stovall hasn't done anything on the field that would make, or should make, anyone think he is any better. Bryant is the starting WR.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 22, 2009, 08:37:39 PM

Why is Stovall considered some huge upgrade? Guys had what 4 years to crack the starting line up and can't do it. We're not talking about Jerry Rice here folks. Geez

Nobody is calling him Jerry Rice. I just simply pointed out the obvious, he is better than Clayton. Read the posts and stop being so irrational.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 22, 2009, 09:37:07 PM

Why is Stovall considered some huge upgrade? Guys had what 4 years to crack the starting line up and can't do it. We're not talking about Jerry Rice here folks. Geez

Nobody is calling him Jerry Rice. I just simply pointed out the obvious, he is better than Clayton. Read the posts and stop being so irrational.

What did I say that was irrational?  I'll ask again, why is Stovall an upgrade over Clayton.  He's had 4 years to win a starting job and hasn't.  Why should Clayton be benched for Stovall?

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 22, 2009, 09:44:03 PM

What did I say that was irrational? I'll ask again, why is Stovall an upgrade over Clayton. He's had 4 years to win a starting job and hasn't. Why should Clayton be benched for Stovall?

1. You claimed that people were comparing him to Jerry Rice.

2. Stovall has played well is Freeman's starts. No there is no real way to say that he is definately better than Clayton. Statistics

Clayton: 186 yds (It says no TDs, so I am guessing the stats for today have not been factored in.)

Stovall (with A LOT less playing time) : 186 with 1 TD

So, since this is suppose to be about seeing what we have in players, why would we not start Stovall? We KNOW what we have in stone hands Clayton. Stovall has had some injury problems, which is one of the reasons he has not been on the field. That and his fumbling problem under Gruden. Put him on the field, he can't do much worse than Clayton.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#12 : November 22, 2009, 09:49:30 PM

I didn't say anything of the sort.  Read my post again if you need too.  Again, Stovall has had 4 years to show what he's got and through two different coaching staffs can't seem to convince that he should be a regular starter.  There's no reason to believe he's an upgrade over Clayton other than the fact that he , well, isn't Clayton.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 22, 2009, 09:52:14 PM

I didn't say anything of the sort. Read my post again if you need too. Again, Stovall has had 4 years to show what he's got and through two different coaching staffs can't seem to convince that he should be a regular starter. There's no reason to believe he's an upgrade over Clayton other than the fact that he , well, isn't Clayton.

He has the same stats in less time and the ability to gain seperation. He has developed some chemistry with Freeman. There are plenty of reasons, demonstrated in the last two games, why he should be starting over Clayton.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 22, 2009, 09:54:07 PM

That would be implying that there is a belief Stovall is at or near the same level of Jerry Rice.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why has Clayton not been benched for Stovall? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools