Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why has Clayton not been benched for Stovall? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#15 : November 22, 2009, 10:00:25 PM

Why is Stovall considered some huge upgrade? Guys had what 4 years to crack the starting line up and can't do it. We're not talking about Jerry Rice here folks. Geez

That would be implying that there is a belief Stovall is at or near the same level of Jerry Rice.

lmao

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#16 : November 22, 2009, 10:01:40 PM

I didn't say anything of the sort. Read my post again if you need too. Again, Stovall has had 4 years to show what he's got and through two different coaching staffs can't seem to convince that he should be a regular starter. There's no reason to believe he's an upgrade over Clayton other than the fact that he , well, isn't Clayton.

He has the same stats in less time and the ability to gain seperation. He has developed some chemistry with Freeman. There are plenty of reasons, demonstrated in the last two games, why he should be starting over Clayton.

not really, but it's always great to believe the back up is going to make your team play better ... knowck yourself out you obviously see something that the professional talent evaluators do not

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#17 : November 23, 2009, 02:04:44 AM

I didn't say anything of the sort.  Read my post again if you need too.  Again, Stovall has had 4 years to show what he's got and through two different coaching staffs can't seem to convince that he should be a regular starter.  There's no reason to believe he's an upgrade over Clayton other than the fact that he , well, isn't Clayton.
I think we'll agree...and even your post indicates...Stovall has not played a ton. Clayton has. We know what he is, and it isn't pretty. I think the question is, if this year is about giving young guys the chances they haven't gotten before, to see if they can play, then why is Stovall not out there? I think if you asked Raheem or Olsen about why Clayton is still out there, they'd say Stovall and MC don't play the same position.

All that being said, I think it is in our best interest, as a team, to see if Stovall can continue to build on what seems to be great timing with Freeman...timing the other receivers don't have yet thanks to terrible training camp management.

OldBloodandBucs

Starter

#18 : November 23, 2009, 02:08:37 AM

Clayton was just in the right place at the right time, nothing really impressive about it.

Anytime Clayton catches a TD pass......I would deem it impressive.

;D

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 23, 2009, 03:07:07 AM

Why?

Dominik and Rahs ego.

Also, this:  $$$$$

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why has Clayton not been benched for Stovall? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools