Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Draft Thread---> Everything draft related. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 14

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

: November 23, 2009, 04:05:46 AM

I figured to spare the board a bit, I would go ahead and make a thread devoted to my favorite holiday.

If you have a mock or any news, lets try to keep it in here. It should help everyone keep up with what's happening too.

My Thoughts:
DL needs to be overhauled, unless ofcourse we can make something happen in FA, Suh has to be the first pick.
With the 2nd selection, I would look at a DE like Brandon Graham / Derrick Morgan / Jason Pierre Paul.
With 2b I would probably either go DE again, WR or CB....
With the 3rd I would take Eric Decker.

Wouldn't mind adding a LB somewhere in there, however the FA class looks good.

The CBA could screw us ofcourse.

Basically this will allow all of us draftniks to talk about it 24/7 without a new thread every 15 minutes!

#1 : November 23, 2009, 07:50:46 AM

PR Guys why not make a special section just for we guys who think about draft 12 months out of the year to alieve all the people who cannot stand the draft till draft day from we who love it?

That being said--

Here is what I like...I am predicting Bates is going to fall on the sword per se for this year...and I expect a DC who runs a version of the Tampa Two

I would love to see Herm Edwards be the next DC

this is how I see it falling (if that happens)

Gerald McCoy will be the #1 pick for the Bucs
We will trade back into the first and pick up Brandon Spikes (most likely with a team like the Pats Eagles or Colts)
The second will go to a WR look toward Damien Williams from USC here
Third look for some CB help Vanderbilt's Myron Lewis would be a great fit

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#2 : November 23, 2009, 02:32:54 PM

I don't think Bates is gone. Right now with this personnel it doesn't matter what defense we are running or who is running it. The front 7 needs an overhaul this offseason.

Also you say switch to the Cover 2 and then trade up to get Spikes? That would probably be the worst defensive fit for Spikes. If we run Bate's scheme next year I would love Spikes in the middle with Ruud switched to SLB or WLB, and then in passing situations moving Ruud back to the middle and getting Spikes off the field.

And if we run Bate's scheme next year, McCoy is not a good fit. Like the Damien Williams pick.

And I agree I wish there was a whole draft sub-forum.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 23, 2009, 02:57:33 PM

I think we somehow win 1 more game and end up #3 behind Rams and Browns. STL takes Clausen, Browns take DEZ, we get Suh. In R2 we get Golden Tate and the DE from Mich. and in 3 it's CB/S, 4 LB, 5 Pouncey-C, no 6, 7-who cares.

StuckinNC

Second String

#4 : November 23, 2009, 03:02:41 PM

I have seen the DE from Michigan mentioned as a possibility for the Bucs in a lot of mocks.  Unfortunately I have not been able to see much of him.  Is he truly the kind of guy that would fit our D?  Of course, at this point, any D-line help would be an improvement.

#5 : November 23, 2009, 03:08:09 PM

I'd like to be in the #3 spot in front of two or three teams that need a QB.

the trade down and still get Suh.  But at this point it's all wishful thinking.

MilkmanDan

Second String

#6 : November 23, 2009, 03:11:18 PM

No trading up.  None.  For any reason.  When you have as many holes as the Bucs have, you trade down if possible, stockpile picks, take as many people as possible, and increase your chances of finding an impact player.  All trading up does is spend extra picks on putting all your proverbial eggs in one basket, and the history of the draft is littered with sure things who turned out to be giant, stinking piles of crap.

Hope you're in a spot to draft Suh.  Hope in the 2nd to get a quality OLB or DE.

Creamsicle

Second String

#7 : November 23, 2009, 03:21:17 PM

I would love any of these three scenarios:
1:
1) Bryant
2)Terrance Cody
2)Javier Arenas

2:
1)Suh
2)Benn
2)Arenas

3:
1)Mccoy
2)Dowling
2)Tate/Williams/Lafelle

Obviously all these are the best possible scenarios that the Bucs could get for their second round picks. Very unlikely those players I want in the second will be there but any of those situations would absolutely upgrade this team.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 23, 2009, 03:32:54 PM

I have seen the DE from Michigan mentioned as a possibility for the Bucs in a lot of mocks.  Unfortunately I have not been able to see much of him.  Is he truly the kind of guy that would fit our D?  Of course, at this point, any D-line help would be an improvement.

I know little about him other than he could slip from being on a really crappy team.

Ideally, I'd like us to get Peppers in FA, draft Suh and at least 1 more DL, and get a true MLB (Ruud is cover 2 side to side LB, we need a crash the line Ray Lewis type).
In the later rounds we need SS & CB and somewhere we need a WR.

If we have to live with Barber and Pisscatelli for another year (Sabby's problems are between the ears which might be fixable, Barber is slowing down but is still serviceable), so be it. This team has more holes than one draft can fix.

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#9 : November 23, 2009, 03:36:54 PM

Would love to see the  Suh first  second Spikes.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 23, 2009, 03:52:41 PM

I do like Goldent Tate. If spikes is around when we pick in the second, he should be selected.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#11 : November 23, 2009, 03:52:57 PM

1)Dez Bryant

2)Terrance Cody

2)Carlos Dunlap

3) Patrick Robinson

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#12 : November 23, 2009, 03:55:47 PM

PR Guys why not make a special section just for we guys who think about draft 12 months out of the year to alieve all the people who cannot stand the draft till draft day from we who love it?

That being said--

Here is what I like...I am predicting Bates is going to fall on the sword per se for this year...and I expect a DC who runs a version of the Tampa Two

I would love to see Herm Edwards be the next DC

this is how I see it falling (if that happens)

Gerald McCoy will be the #1 pick for the Bucs
We will trade back into the first and pick up Brandon Spikes (most likely with a team like the Pats Eagles or Colts)

Running a Tampa 2 defense and drafting Brandon Spikes wouldn't make any sense.

On Edit I see that this has been approached already.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 23, 2009, 03:56:48 PM

1. Suh, Mccoy, Bryant, or Berry
2a. Brandon Graham or Kindle.
3b. Dezmon Briscoe or Kareem Jackson or Kyle Wilson

littlericky

Starter
#14 : November 23, 2009, 05:42:15 PM

The best mock I'v seen had us taking

1.Ndamukong Suh
2a.Golden  Tate
2B.Brando Spikes
3Jason Pierre-Paul
4.Kurt Coleman

If we actually got that draft class I would forgive RAH and Mark for this season.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Draft Thread---> Everything draft related. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools