Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Draft Thread---> Everything draft related. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 14

Ft. Myers Buc Fan

Practice Squad

#15 : November 23, 2009, 06:11:28 PM

The best mock I'v seen had us taking

1.Ndamukong Suh
2a.Golden Tate
2B.Brando Spikes
3Jason Pierre-Paul
4.Kurt Coleman

If we actually got that draft class I would forgive RAH and Mark for this season.

That would be an outstanding draft for the Bucs

smma

Second String

#16 : November 23, 2009, 06:15:53 PM

Clearly, Bucs have a lot more holes than draft picks.
If you look at draft history a team is lucky to get three starters in any draft (The Bucs have been much worse than that).
This team needs 3 d-linemen, a corner, safety and a LB.
On offense they need 2 WRs and a OT.
They also seriously lack any depth. At least a third of the roster (McCoy, Koutouvides, etc) would not make the roster of any other team in the NFL (yes, even the Browns)
All we can hope for is two DL and a S with the first round and 2 seconds.
Need to pick up a couple free agent WRs and hope Crowell and Fulton can play next season.
CB will be problem. A third rounder could be pretty good in the cover two but in Bates system you will need that exceptional cover corner that is gone in the first round.
Looks like this team will be bad for several seasons with real good drafts. If they mess up any picks....

Nicodemus

Pro Bowler

#17 : November 23, 2009, 06:18:33 PM

The best mock I'v seen had us taking

1.Ndamukong Suh
2a.Golden  Tate
2B.Brando Spikes
3Jason Pierre-Paul
4.Kurt Coleman

If we actually got that draft class I would forgive RAH and Mark for this season.

Indeed a nice draft but I seriously doubt that Spikes would be at 2b.. and if he was still there at the top of Round 2 the Bucs would be daft not to go Spikes 2a and then go WR at 2b.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#18 : November 23, 2009, 07:26:22 PM

I doubt Spikes or JPP would be available at those slots.... If we land one of those, we will have to trade back into the first or one possibly falls to us with our first 2nd.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#19 : November 23, 2009, 07:53:56 PM

Draft Suh
Draft Spikes
Draft the BPA with the rest of the draft.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 23, 2009, 08:04:03 PM

I seriously doubt Spikes makes it to the second.

littlericky

Starter
#21 : November 23, 2009, 08:14:41 PM

I dont think spikes will drop that far either , but for JPP I think he might be there at the end or middle of the second round. If he even comes out this year. He was Junior college college tranfer( I think ) and really only has one year of tape aginst decent players. To much unknown. I mean MJ made it till the third last year before the Benagles took him.

#22 : November 23, 2009, 08:17:30 PM

For those of you who were wondering about Berry's lack of dynamic plays this year I think its twofold. One, Monte moved him to SS to be a run stuffer, so he's been down in the box a lot. The other reason is teams run basically all their plays AWAY from him.

littlericky

Starter
#23 : November 23, 2009, 08:20:50 PM

Im all for Berry if Suh is  not there when we pick.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 23, 2009, 08:35:12 PM

I just want Suh and Tate with the first two picks. Then 2b, select BPA at DE.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#25 : November 23, 2009, 08:48:44 PM

DL, LBer. Front 7.

I'll say it again. Front 7.

Until that is fixed.....pretty much none of the other positions will matter.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

#26 : November 23, 2009, 08:58:15 PM

You're not gonna fix this mess in one draft anyway. Mind as well go BPA.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#27 : November 23, 2009, 09:56:48 PM

Absolutely...

The front 7 has to be completely rebuilt... However if I am the Bucs, and Suh is taken right before my pick, I'm taking the next best defensive player, or I'm going to seriously consider taking Dez.

3 Players I would want in the 1st Suh / Berry / Dez in that order.

With 2A I feel it is a necessity to take another DL, preferably a DE with some pass rush ability. Then WR and CB come onto the table. I would really prefer to go with WR in the third, because I feel you will have a shot at some very good receivers still....

Bash

Practice Squad

#28 : November 24, 2009, 01:13:08 AM

I am thankful we won't have to worry about stud DTs not being a fit for the Bates' system.

burger40

Hall of Famer

#29 : November 24, 2009, 12:24:57 PM

thankfully for us MLBs drop a lot farther than they should all the time. If we trade Ruud and i still think we should consider it, i am pretty sure we could get a Rolando McClain or Spikes in teh 2nd round with our first pick there

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Draft Thread---> Everything draft related. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools