Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Draft Thread---> Everything draft related. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

#30 : November 24, 2009, 12:53:01 PM

hoping we don't draft Berry, not because I don't like him, but because our D-Line needs FAR more help than our secondary.
Also, JPP was projected as a top-15 pick on one of Kiper's boards. He will NOT be there last in the second round. I would be surprised to see him available beyond the first round. The guy has tremendous combine measurables, and we all know how the league goes gaga over these tangible skills.

burger40

Hall of Famer

#31 : November 24, 2009, 12:55:30 PM

hoping we don't draft Berry, not because I don't like him, but because our D-Line needs FAR more help than our secondary.
Also, JPP was projected as a top-15 pick on one of Kiper's boards. He will NOT be there last in the second round. I would be surprised to see him available beyond the first round. The guy has tremendous combine measurables, and we all know how the league goes gaga over these tangible skills.

derrick morgan is another guy...he's got great tangible skills like dunlap yet actually produces on a ho-hum DL.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

bait619

Starter

#32 : November 24, 2009, 01:36:52 PM

Right now I'm liking:

1. DT - Suh
2. WR - Golden Tate (I like his hands better than Benn's...we have enough guys that drop balls)
2. CB - Patrick Robinson (might be the cheapest we could get a possible shutdown corner opposite Talib)
3. DE - Jeremy Beal/Brandon Graham if either fall to R3 (thought about Pierre-Paul)
4. DE - Brandon Lang/Austen Lane (really like Austen's production even if it is against I-AA talent)
5. C - Eric Olsen (backup for Faine or best OL available for depth)
6. S - Myron Rolle (you hope to get a starter in the 6th and be extremely happy with solid depth)
7. You got a draft board and a dart?

I like Dexter McCluster  too, he just makes plays...if we pick up an extra mid-round pick somewhere, i might would spend it on him or Noel DeVine

so my mock draft as of now is:

Suh
Tate
Robinson
Beal
Lane
Olsen
Rolle

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#33 : November 24, 2009, 02:21:53 PM

1. WR: Dez Bryant, Oklahoma St.
2a. RB: Anthony Dixon, Mississippi State
2b. RT: Selvish Capers, West Virginia
3. WR: Eric Decker, Minnesota

They're putting $40 mil into Freeman... gotta give him weapons because as of right now... we only have 1.  Defense can be had in FA more easily that offense.

MagicMike

Starter

#34 : November 24, 2009, 04:03:07 PM

I am assuming that we resign Penn, and possibly Ruud.  I am also hoping to sign an average priced CB and an average priced WR in free agency, along with a young veteran backup QB. 

I am also hoping Xavier Fulton recovers and can become our swing OT, and perhaps Corey Lynch can fill Will Allen's role as the backup Safety.  I have been impressed with the play of DE Tim Crowder, and even DE Michael Bennett, which reduces our need to draft 2 DEs, though we still need 1. 

Assuming we finish in the bottom 3, and Chicago in the bottom 13, we would have 3 pcks in the first 45 slots, and then a 4th pick at the top of round 3 (say pick #65-67).  Since we aren't picking a QB, there's a tremendous chance that all 4 of those picks could be starters. 

That leaves the following MAIN team needs in the draft:  DT, DE, WR, CB, and LB.  4 of those spots could be our first 4 picks, which are all in the top 65-70.  With the depth in this year's draft due to the uncertainty about the collective bargaining agreement, that's not a stretch.  Also, there are a lot of QBs that should be drafted in the top 3 rounds, thus pushing down the positions that we need.

I think we also need 4-7 round picks on the following positions: DT, DE, OG/C, RB, WR, LB, S.  I listed 7 positions here, and we currently have 6 picks in rounds 4-7.  It's not a big leap to assume that we could possibly fill all of these needs with a trade down, or at least most of these needs. 

One way or another, it should be an exciting offseason.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#35 : November 24, 2009, 04:52:41 PM

Freddie Barnes, receiver from Bowling Green has 272 receptions, 3,011 yards and 25 touchdowns, he also has 145 rushing attempts for 651 yards and 11 touchdowns and has 247 passing yards and 3 touchdowns he's a converted quarterback. But is decent sized at 6'2 205 pounds, might be worth a third through fifth round look.

Another receiver to look at might be Kerry Meier of Kansas another converted quarterback

MagicMike

Starter

#36 : November 24, 2009, 05:26:28 PM

I really like WR Mike Williams out of Syracuse.  He'd be a 3rd round steal. 

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#37 : November 24, 2009, 07:53:21 PM

I like Mike too but I'm not touching him until the 4th or 5th....

Even then I'm not sure I would take a player who deserted his team. Definitely would have to really talk to him about that.

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#38 : November 24, 2009, 08:10:47 PM

Here are a few links from NFLDC about afew players that some want the Bucs to draft.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/AskScott/archive/11-19-2009.php

http://www.draftcountdown.com/interviews/Greg-Hardy/Greg-Hardy.php

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/DreamDraft/Dream-Draft.php(Small piece on Sammie)

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/HotList/Hot-List.php

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#39 : November 24, 2009, 08:25:04 PM

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Scouts-notebook-defensive-review-7586.html(dlinemen)

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/The-NFP-Super-30-7191.html(top 30 prospects)

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

naborhood

Second String

#40 : November 25, 2009, 02:00:17 AM

I would love any of these three scenarios:
1:
1) Bryant
2)Terrance Cody
2)Javier Arenas

2:
1)Suh
2)Benn
2)Arenas

3:
1)Mccoy
2)Dowling
2)Tate/Williams/Lafelle

Obviously all these are the best possible scenarios that the Bucs could get for their second round picks. Very unlikely those players I want in the second will be there but any of those situations would absolutely upgrade this team.
mine would be

1berry
2acody
2btate
3best available cornerback

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#41 : November 25, 2009, 08:45:27 AM

Freddie Barnes, receiver from Bowling Green has 272 receptions, 3,011 yards and 25 touchdowns, he also has 145 rushing attempts for 651 yards and 11 touchdowns and has 247 passing yards and 3 touchdowns he's a converted quarterback. But is decent sized at 6'2 205 pounds, might be worth a third through fifth round look.

Another receiver to look at might be Kerry Meier of Kansas another converted quarterback

If we don't take Barnes in the 3rd, he won't make it to us in the 4th... that's if he even makes it out of the 2nd round.  We can wait until after the draft for Meier.  A good 4th/5th round WR investment I think would be Marcus Easley.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#42 : November 25, 2009, 09:11:42 AM

What I find hilarious is that many of the new regime apologist are pumped up about the first round pick we will have. They have glorious thoughts of getting Suh, McCoy, Berry, Dez Bryant, OH MY….

But What I truly find hilarious is when we see that our starting two offensive tackles are free agents and we draft OT Russell Okung out of Oklahoma state. 

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#43 : November 25, 2009, 09:14:56 AM

What I find hilarious is that many of the new regime apologist are pumped up about the first round pick we will have. They have glorious thoughts of getting Suh, McCoy, Berry, Dez Bryant, OH MY….

But What I truly find hilarious is when we see that our starting two offensive tackles are free agents and we draft OT Russell Okung out of Oklahoma state. 
1. You must have a lot of confidence the collective bargaining agreement will be extended in the next two months.

2. Like Penn and Trueblood can't be upgraded? Are they some sort of sacred cows? If Okung is the next Ryan Clady, I'll welcome him with open arms.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#44 : November 25, 2009, 04:41:31 PM

I'd like to see defense with the first two picks.   Whether it's DT/DE, DT/S, DT/CB, etc.   The 2b pick........easy.  A real #80 who can make plays beyond his rookie season. 

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Draft Thread---> Everything draft related. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools