Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A few senerios « previous next »
Page: 1

: February 27, 2007, 10:57:44 AM

My best option if no trades CJ/JT are gone

1) Amobi Okoye
2a)Rufus Alexander
2b)Eric Weddle
3) Steve Smith
4)Mike Otto
5) Dan Mozes (Perfect Center for the Gruden offense)
7) Yamon Figures

Trade down with Texans for #8 and their second rounder (chart shows its about even) only if CJ is there at 4

1)Amobi Okoye
2)Robert Meachum
2b) Rufus Alexander
2c) Marcus Thomas
3) Weddle/Rouse
4) Mike Otto
5) Dan Mozes
7) Yamon Figures

Drafting CJ (the best option out of them all IMO)

1) Calvin Johnson
2a) Rufus Alexander
2b) Eric Weddle
3) Marcus Thomas
4) Mike Otto
5) Dan Mozes
7) Yamon Figures

T

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 27, 2007, 11:05:13 AM

Marcus Thomas may not sniff the 1st day, according to the scouts that were there, Marcus Thomas hurt himself and couldn't participate at the combine. When he has his personal workout he better be healthy, or he maybe a 4th rounder at best.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#2 : February 27, 2007, 11:09:40 AM

I think you'd be making a major mistake not drafting Gaines Adams at #4 if JT and CJ are gone. I've seen people knock Adams for his size, but these are the same ones clamoring at the chance to pick up Dwight Freeney in the off season before he got franchised. Not that Gaines will be anywhere as good as Dwight, but his workouts back up his on the field dominance. He's quick twitch explosive, which is exactly what you want in a pass rusher. On top of that despite his size he had 16 tackles in the backfield last year. With coaching and conditioning he'll play the run much better than people think.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 27, 2007, 11:18:49 AM

* I'd be happier with Adams or Anderson at #4 and then Justin Harrell at 2.a. than Okoye at #4 and some other DE in the 2nd.

* I like Rufus but wonder what the drop off is between him and someone like Earl Everett later.

* I don't see safety as a 1st day priority. It's more likely to be addressed in free agency.

* For a mid round receiver, I'd prefer a smaller school guy like Johnnie Lee Higgins. There's more precedent for those guys turning out than the big schools' 2nd and 3rd option guys.

* I'm not sure Dan Mozes is even draft-worthy. He's a high profile guy, but so was Mike Degory and Greg Eslinger last year. I think there's somebody out there less heralded but better.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

FsuBucs1

Practice Squad

#4 : February 27, 2007, 11:35:46 AM

Here is what I would like to see...

1) C.J. - G.T. - WR - No Brainer
2a) Tank Tyler - N.C. State - DT - Week 1 starter, "42" reps BEAST!!
2b) Anthony Ugoh - Ark - OT - Solid Player, can challenge A. Davis for the spot
3) Tim Crowder - Texas - DE - Great player, possible starter next to Rice
4) John Wendling - Wyom - S - Great speed for Cover 2, can challenge W. Allen for the FS spot.
5) Cory Anderson - Tenn - FB - Week 1 starter, Finally Caddy has a true FB
6) Juwan Simpson - Ala - WLB - Good young LB, good S.T. player and can get some good schooling from Brooks.
7) Nick Folk - Ariz - K - Solid K, should push Bryant for the spot.

#5 : February 27, 2007, 11:53:56 AM

* I'd be happier with Adams or Anderson at #4 and then Justin Harrell at 2.a. than Okoye at #4 and some other DE in the 2nd.

* I like Rufus but wonder what the drop off is between him and someone like Earl Everett later.

* I don't see safety as a 1st day priority. It's more likely to be addressed in free agency.

* For a mid round receiver, I'd prefer a smaller school guy like Johnnie Lee Higgins. There's more precedent for those guys turning out than the big schools' 2nd and 3rd option guys.

* I'm not sure Dan Mozes is even draft-worthy. He's a high profile guy, but so was Mike Degory and Greg Eslinger last year. I think there's somebody out there less heralded but better.

Okoye is hands down the best Defensive player in the draft...he is a bit underrated but has the best upside. Okoye is intellegent he is fast and he is big. He is a pass rusher but can switch up and play the run.

Rufus I like here because he is a perfect fit for the Bucs D...he is in the mold of a DB...he just needs the experience.

I like the Weddle/Rouse pick because of our poor safety play and these guys are great prospects here.

The Meachum pick is because he is the closest pick ato Calvin Johnson you have. Meachum is big and fast he falls because of injury problems

Mozes before the draft was seen as an average Center. However he has shown up to the combine in great shae and has improved his stock from an undrafted C to a possible 5-6 round pick. He is athletic and can get down field.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 27, 2007, 08:09:27 PM

I think we go DE since Dewayne White is the top DE in FA. Anthony Spencer to fall at us at 35 will be great.. then Rufus Alexander at 2b. And Weddle in the 3rd round.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

CrAsH_oVeRdRiVe

Rookie

#7 : February 27, 2007, 08:22:51 PM

Rufus Alexander had a bad senior bowl and a horrible 40 time. He may be slipping out of the -first day-.

#8 : February 27, 2007, 08:26:25 PM

What the hell is a "senerios"  ???

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#9 : February 27, 2007, 08:29:17 PM

Okoye is hands down the best Defensive player in the draft...he is a bit underrated but has the best upside. Okoye is intellegent he is fast and he is big. He is a pass rusher but can switch up and play the run.

Rufus I like here because he is a perfect fit for the Bucs D...he is in the mold of a DB...he just needs the experience.

I like the Weddle/Rouse pick because of our poor safety play and these guys are great prospects here.

The Meachum pick is because he is the closest pick ato Calvin Johnson you have. Meachum is big and fast he falls because of injury problems

Mozes before the draft was seen as an average Center. However he has shown up to the combine in great shae and has improved his stock from an undrafted C to a possible 5-6 round pick. He is athletic and can get down field.
Okoye is hands down the best D player?

He isn't even the highest ranked DT inthe draft...

And Gaines is much more explosive than Okoye is.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: A few senerios « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools