Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs vs. Rams NFC Championship game 1999 « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Bucfanut

Starter

#15 : November 23, 2009, 04:59:04 PM

Just to add...another play in that game that still sticks in my mind was on 4th and 4 from the Rams 35,with a 6-5 lead... King got the play off a split second too late; he hit Emanuel for a 1st down, but was whistled for delay of game. The Bucs ended up having to punt and got no points out of it. That was a huge turning point also.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#16 : November 23, 2009, 05:00:27 PM

People want to praise Dungy for being such a great coach but there were so many games where he just aggrevated the crap out of us, and it seems like the majority of our wins were all nail biters.

that's just the buccaneers....aside from the superbowl postseason run, you could probably count this franchise's blowout type victories on two hands.

every coach looks better in the rear view mirror, jump back into the emotions of the games at the time you were watching them live and you'll be reminded of a million little ways that coach X drove you to drink.  nobody talks about "we just didn't execute" anymore, but i remember those 4 words making me want to break my TV when dungy aswered 40% of the questions in press conferences after tough losses with that phrase
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs vs. Rams NFC Championship game 1999 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools