Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I Hope We're At Least Considering Trading Down « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #15 : February 27, 2007, 08:22:47 PM »

I think trading down is our best option.

Does anyone really think we are better off with CJ at 4 than Okoye, Adams, Anderson,Branch,  etc?  I think if we could get a high 2nd, a 1st rounder next year, or a package of some sorts we have to think about moving down. We have many holes to fill.  I don't think anyone at 4 (outside of maybe JT) makes us that much better where we wouldn't be wise to slide down a bit and take a player like the ones I mentioned. 

CJ is an amazing talent.  But I have to think that if we can get a 1 and a 2, plus a guy like Okye, Adams, Anderson we would be better off than just CJ.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

« #16 : February 27, 2007, 08:30:20 PM »

Does anyone really think we are better off with CJ at 4 than Okoye, Adams, Anderson,Branch, etc? I think if we could get a high 2nd, a 1st rounder next year, or a package of some sorts we have to think about moving down. We have many holes to fill. I don't think anyone at 4 (outside of maybe JT) makes us that much better where we wouldn't be wise to slide down a bit and take a player like the ones I mentioned.

CJ is an amazing talent. But I have to think that if we can get a 1 and a 2, plus a guy like Okye, Adams, Anderson we would be better off than just CJ.
1st rounder next year and their 1st round raps it up for the trade. I would love to have 2 #1's next year and take Okoye this year.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #17 : February 27, 2007, 08:33:44 PM »

Does anyone really think we are better off with CJ at 4 than Okoye, Adams, Anderson,Branch, etc? I think if we could get a high 2nd, a 1st rounder next year, or a package of some sorts we have to think about moving down. We have many holes to fill. I don't think anyone at 4 (outside of maybe JT) makes us that much better where we wouldn't be wise to slide down a bit and take a player like the ones I mentioned.

CJ is an amazing talent. But I have to think that if we can get a 1 and a 2, plus a guy like Okye, Adams, Anderson we would be better off than just CJ.
1st rounder next year and their 1st round raps it up for the trade. I would love to have 2 #1's next year and take Okoye this year.

Well, depending on how far down we went we might be able to pick up a 2 or 3 this year as well. 

Either way I am with you, I would take Okoye and a 1 next year for pick 4 all day long.....outside of maybe Joe Thomas being there.   He is the only guy I think we would have trouble filling a need for in FA or the draft in years to come.  You cna always get a WR but franchise type LT's hard to come by.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

« #18 : February 27, 2007, 08:41:02 PM »

Well, depending on how far down we went we might be able to pick up a 2 or 3 this year as well.

Either way I am with you, I would take Okoye and a 1 next year for pick 4 all day long.....outside of maybe Joe Thomas being there. He is the only guy I think we would have trouble filling a need for in FA or the draft in years to come. You cna always get a WR but franchise type LT's hard to come by.
The only problem is that we have to find a team that wants CJ soo bad that they trade their next years #1.. The Falcons could be a team but I don't know if we should trade to our division rival. I know the Jaguars would love to have CJ,thats a possiblity

I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

Chipper08

Second String
« #19 : February 27, 2007, 08:42:43 PM »

Would you love it if both the first round picks were late 20's next year??

Fresh

Hall of Famer

« #20 : February 27, 2007, 08:45:52 PM »

Yeah we could still get 2 studs next year depending needs. Pending aquasitions this year I wouldn't mind having 2 #1's next year.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #21 : February 27, 2007, 08:47:53 PM »

Well, I would certainly like ours ot be, as that would mean we had a pretty successfull season.

As for the other, again if we are picking in the 20's we likely have filled a lot of holes and the need for a higher pick isn't as pertinent.   Obviously you would like for whoever you trade with to suck next year as well to make the pick higher, but I still think your better with Okoye, Adams, or someone around that level and a 1 next year than just a guy like CJ.  

We aren't 1 great WR (or any player really) away from being a great team, we are many players away.  Outside of a franchise LT (or QB maybe, although I am skeptical about that right now) there is no one guy who is worth more to US than a pick a tad lower and a 1 next year.

Chipper08

Second String
« #22 : February 27, 2007, 08:50:56 PM »

I'm sorry, I wouldn't give Calvin Johnson up. He is this years Reggie Bush. I bet if you were to offer the Saints our first and second this year and our first next year they would turn it down. Freddy Mitchel was a late 1st round pick right??

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #23 : February 27, 2007, 08:51:42 PM »

I'm sorry, I wouldn't give Calvin Johnson up. He is this years Reggie Bush. I bet if you were to offer the Saints our first and second this year and our first next year they would turn it down. Freddy Mitchel was a late 1st round pick right??
Uh...duh....

Chipper08

Second String
« #24 : February 27, 2007, 08:54:02 PM »

I"m just saying your chances of hitting studs in the late first round aren't nearly as high as hitting one in the top five.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #25 : February 27, 2007, 08:55:37 PM »

You mean Reggie Bush who got fewer total yards from scrimmage than Jones-Drew, Addai and was on pace to finish behind Maroney until that dude got hurt? Yeah, that guy huh.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #26 : February 27, 2007, 08:57:16 PM »

I bet the Saints would take that deal, and I would shoot Bruce if he made it.

And what did Reggie Bush do this year that made him so great?  He wasn't the best rookie RB in the league, and he wasn't even the best rookie on his team.  He made a few big splash plays but outside of that he wasn't anything great.  Deuce had a better season than he did behind the same line.  Bush is good for selling tickets, but like Vick he is more hype than production.

Bush is a good back, and average to above average back, but not everything he is cracked up to be.  I woudl trade his ass for 2 firsts and 2 seconds all day long, especially to a team like us who is picking high.....

Fresh

Hall of Famer

« #27 : February 27, 2007, 09:02:21 PM »

I love CJ, I would love to have him on our team which is possibly. But if we are getting two #1's and 3 solid players. Example

1. Gaines Adams
2a. Jon Beason
2b. Justin Harrell
2c. Ryan Kalil
3.  Eric Weddle
That would be sweet thats like 4 starters already.

Chipper08

Second String
« #28 : February 27, 2007, 10:12:33 PM »

You mean Reggie Bush who got fewer total yards from scrimmage than Jones-Drew, Addai and was on pace to finish behind Maroney until that dude got hurt? Yeah, that guy huh.

Bush is still a bigger threat then these guys. When it's all said and done Bush will have the better Career.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #29 : February 27, 2007, 10:15:31 PM »

Bush is still a bigger threat then these guys. When it's all said and done Bush will have the better Career.

Remains to be seen.
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I Hope We're At Least Considering Trading Down « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools