Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: With Bates gone.. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

: November 24, 2009, 02:22:57 AM

Gruden

Let go of his sack already.

Steve White.

Just kidding. But I wouldn't mind him getting a job helping out with the D Line in some form.
Imo, D Brooks would be awesome as DC if we were to re-install the "Tampa-two" if it weren't for his other business adventures. Regardless, DL could use some help.

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 24, 2009, 02:11:31 AM

Who would you want as DC?

I know Rah is going to take over his duties, but I don't think he will be doing it for too long. Just curious to see who most people here would pick.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 24, 2009, 02:13:49 AM

Gruden

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 24, 2009, 02:16:39 AM

Steve White.

Just kidding. But I wouldn't mind him getting a job helping out with the D Line in some form.

Warthog

Pro Bowler

#4 : November 24, 2009, 02:46:55 AM

Lovie Smith could be fired by Chicago at the end of the year.  I wonder if the Bucs would look at him?  If I recall correctly, his first year as DC of the Rams he had them playing lights out, but they fell off a bit over the next couple of years before he got hired by Chicago...

I leave at first light, headed North. Well do I recognize that I did not cover myself in glory. But never did I dream that for my failures I would be exiled. - the diary of Gen. L. P. McCown

conrad77

Pro Bowler

#5 : November 24, 2009, 03:06:57 AM

Lovie is polluted.  He needs a year away to collect himself.  Herm would be decent though.  Personally, I want something new.  Mitchell from Pittsburgh with his 3-4 that shows a 4-3 option or the Teerlinick brothers from Indy who can spin off from the Tampa-2 base.

[Add witty one liner here]

Bash

Practice Squad

#6 : November 24, 2009, 02:59:56 AM

Lovie Smith could be fired by Chicago at the end of the year.  I wonder if the Bucs would look at him?  If I recall correctly, his first year as DC of the Rams he had them playing lights out, but they fell off a bit over the next couple of years before he got hired by Chicago...
Heard he has 10 million dollars of contract money left after this year. People have opined that Chicago doesn't have the ownership that will tolerate that kind of dead money.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 24, 2009, 03:43:35 AM

With Bates gone, I would not mind Tony Dungy.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 24, 2009, 04:22:34 AM

Rod Marinelli.

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 24, 2009, 04:32:01 AM

Gruden

Now that is the funniest thing you've posted in a while.

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#10 : November 24, 2009, 07:58:40 AM

Who would you want as DC?

I know Rah is going to take over his duties, but I don't think he will be doing it for too long. Just curious to see who most people here would pick.

Morris is getting his resume ready for his next job - since he's never been a DC before, might as well get the experience now, on the Buc's dime. 

His hiring appears to be a total fiasco.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Glazers did it to buy time to hire one of the top names available - Cowher, Shanahan, Holmgren, etc.   It was just a wasted season.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#11 : November 24, 2009, 08:19:30 AM

Lovie Smith could be fired by Chicago at the end of the year. I wonder if the Bucs would look at him? If I recall correctly, his first year as DC of the Rams he had them playing lights out, but they fell off a bit over the next couple of years before he got hired by Chicago...
wouldn't mind that either but what is his contract situation in Chi-town?  Would the Bears have to pay him not to coach for a year or two?  If so then why would he take a DC job and give up that HC pay?

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#12 : November 24, 2009, 09:00:38 AM

Monte is going to come back, we will draft his boy Eric Berry in the first, Cody in the 2nd :)

jk, dont want a turncoat. Wouldnt mind Marinelli, Possibly from within Joe Berry

Brooks

bucs1

Practice Squad
#13 : November 24, 2009, 01:41:17 PM

Come to think of it, I wish Joe Barry would have been promoted to DC. I think he would have been the best man for the job because of his previous experience. Barry is the best coach we have on the defensive staff in my opinion. It will be interesting to see what Morris can do though.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 24, 2009, 01:43:05 PM

Come to think of it, I wish Joe Barry would have been promoted to DC. I think he would have been the best man for the job because of his previous experience. Barry is the best coach we have on the defensive staff in my opinion. It will be interesting to see what Morris can do though.
I wondered about this based on all the hype PR gives him, but his LBs were a disaster last year with the Lions and don't appear to be too hot this year, either.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: With Bates gone.. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools