Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Latest Move by Bucs Illustrates Failure of Morris-Dominik Regime « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 14

king_frog

Hall of Famer
#15 : November 24, 2009, 01:08:41 PM

Once again, hiring Bates and Jags was not Raheem and Dominik's fault. Those were 100% the Glazers' decisions. [banghead]

If that is true Talib 25 (and I have no reason to doubt you considering your employment), then Morris and Dominik are absolved of fault in this. Are they not?

I've been happy with Rahhem and Dominik so far

So, other than maybe Freeman and K2, what have they done well that would make you happy with their progress, Bradentonian?

All of the griping and complaining and moaning and groaning sounds like some over aged kids throwing a temper tantrum. �Take your freaking football and find you a FRONT RUNNER!!! �Most of you can't even know what it was like back in the day before we became good. You're well within your right to be pissed and upset. �Just do it elsewhere cuz that's old at 1-9...

Chev, you know good and well I know what it was like back then. Like you I was there. With that said, I'm just calling a spade a spade here.

I don't think I wrote anything in that article that wasn't an accurate assessment of the events that's transpired this season (although Talib 25's comments definitely have given me pause on assigning blame of the coordinators to the brain trust).
I like you guy's have been there since 76'. I have to agree with the article 100%. I'm over making excuses and looking at this team as the glass 1/2 full, when there is a gaping hole in the glass and its holding no water.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 24, 2009, 01:12:42 PM

The team was torn down and is being rebuilt.

Firing Raheem and MD now will only set things FURTHER back. The best thing that can be done now is to hold the course, attempt to stabilize the franchise, and keep the system in place to allow Freeman to develop.

This was never going to be an overnight thing.

Stay the course and keep the present system in place? What system? The OC was fired before the season started. And now the DC had his responsibilities stripped 10 weeks in.

Raheem has no idea what he's doing and is in way over his head. The team is not going to show improvement under him.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#17 : November 24, 2009, 01:16:40 PM

Yeah...not sure what system the Bucs are running.

It started out as a ZBS, yes?  Now it is a power running scheme.  Square peg round hole?

Fire the OC three seconds befoe the bullets fly...what the hell was the interview like?

Relieve the DC (as he has been before...Denver Vu), and go from that ridiculous square peg round hole defense, back to the Cover 2...

QB carousel...both guys who hogged the reps are now gone, and on the IR.

Play calling has been abysmal.

And the latest two challenge fiasco is a clear demonstrator of the foolishness going on, and more importantly, the lack of communication between the coaches and their assistants.

The players seem to love Rah, so I can like that.  Unfortunately, it seems there is no cohesion, and sometimes having the players like you can be a dangerous thing.  Ask Wayne Fontes.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#18 : November 24, 2009, 01:17:44 PM

Joel and Bryan - if you want to salvage your family investment, hire a real football person and then get the hell out of the way.

That would be a great idea, but don't blame Joel. From what I heard, this was more on Bryan than anyone. I really hope that's what they decide to do in the offseason for the sake of this franchise.

I still hold hope they are smart enough to recognize this HAS to happen.

Who do you think would be a good candidate?

If they wanted to get rid of Dominik and Raheem and hire a guy to take complete control over football operations and coaching, guys like Mike Holmgren, Mike Shanahan, and Bill Cowher come to mind. I don't think that's going to happen though. What they really need to do is let Morris and Dominik control their own team, and hire a bunch of front office people to surround Dominik with because he has nothing right now. Doug Williams doesn't have enough experience for his job, and Dominik and Hickey have too much on their plate, since they have to do multiple people's jobs. The Glazers need to allow the Bucs need to build up their front office and then let them spend money and do anything they have to do to put the Bucs in position to be great. Unfortunately, the Bucs are a half-staffed team right now in every aspect of the organization, and that isn't a great formula for success.

Interesting how the whole front office is under-staffed.

We know about Demoff, but what other key people or FO positions are void?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 24, 2009, 01:18:01 PM

Raheem has no idea what he's doing and is in way over his head. The team is not going to show improvement under him.

I disagree completely

DKWEST

Starter

#20 : November 24, 2009, 01:20:00 PM

I disagree completely

What has Raheem Morris done that makes you think he is an NFL caliber head coach? 

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 24, 2009, 01:20:26 PM

Once again, hiring Bates and Jags was not Raheem and Dominik's fault. Those were 100% the Glazers' decisions. [banghead]

If that is true Talib 25 (and I have no reason to doubt you considering your employment), then Morris and Dominik are absolved of fault in this. Are they not?

I've been happy with Rahhem and Dominik so far

So, other than maybe Freeman and K2, what have they done well that would make you happy with their progress, Bradentonian?

All of the griping and complaining and moaning and groaning sounds like some over aged kids throwing a temper tantrum. �Take your freaking football and find you a FRONT RUNNER!!! �Most of you can't even know what it was like back in the day before we became good. You're well within your right to be pissed and upset. �Just do it elsewhere cuz that's old at 1-9...

Chev, you know good and well I know what it was like back then. Like you I was there. With that said, I'm just calling a spade a spade here.

I don't think I wrote anything in that article that wasn't an accurate assessment of the events that's transpired this season (although Talib 25's comments definitely have given me pause on assigning blame of the coordinators to the brain trust).

Dude all I'm saying is you might have had higher expectations, but they couldn't have been much higher than a losing season.  It was inevitable and WE ALL knew it...Even Chazmoney...LOL

My point is why go through the same uproar every week?  Why get all upset over again.  For some of the negative people on this board you'd think it's challange them to find something positive something to hold onto.  I'm, personally, sick of the attack on Rah.  I totally believe 80% to 90% of the things said about him are just mean, nasty, and wrong.  That doesn't include Java's thoughts.  Same goes with Dom.  I honestly believe the Glazers have screwed this whole thing up and those boys are dangling trying to do the best they can to get it right.  Most of you act as though he was supposed to come in here and just have all the answers and if he did and they were still 1-9 you'd still be on him cuz they fired Gru to get to him...

It's just sad to me that the whole outrage is even going on still at this point in the season.  It's not like we don't know EVERYBODY's stance on where we are, were, and should be. Continual expression of it just tends to get old.  You hate the Bucs?  You tired of what's going on?  Find someone you do like and go post nice nice with them.  In the mean time, I'll hang with Garv, Uncle Stan, Lady Fan, Dbuc, Hate, heck even Dalbuc cuz I know no matter how bad it gets those guys and gals still love the Bucs...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 24, 2009, 03:16:37 PM

"were building for the future"

Sorry that you disagree with building the team for the long run. Me, I'm more of a fan looking for sustained success even if it takes a few years to get there. Up and down, up and down, no playoff victories in over half a decade is really for the birds, IMO.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 24, 2009, 01:21:57 PM

I disagree completely

What has Raheem Morris done that makes you think he is an NFL caliber head coach?

He's very bright, has an excellent understanding of the game, and he's an exceptional motivator.

king_frog

Hall of Famer
#24 : November 24, 2009, 01:22:12 PM

Joel and Bryan - if you want to salvage your family investment, hire a real football person and then get the hell out of the way.

That would be a great idea, but don't blame Joel. From what I heard, this was more on Bryan than anyone. I really hope that's what they decide to do in the offseason for the sake of this franchise.

I still hold hope they are smart enough to recognize this HAS to happen.

Who do you think would be a good candidate?

If they wanted to get rid of Dominik and Raheem and hire a guy to take complete control over football operations and coaching, guys like Mike Holmgren, Mike Shanahan, and Bill Cowher come to mind. I don't think that's going to happen though. What they really need to do is let Morris and Dominik control their own team, and hire a bunch of front office people to surround Dominik with because he has nothing right now. Doug Williams doesn't have enough experience for his job, and Dominik and Hickey have too much on their plate, since they have to do multiple people's jobs. The Glazers need to allow the Bucs need to build up their front office and then let them spend money and do anything they have to do to put the Bucs in position to be great. Unfortunately, the Bucs are a half-staffed team right now in every aspect of the organization, and that isn't a great formula for success.
You are making good points about them needing more help in the front office. But at this point I don't care if they had the salvation army they need to go. Almost all of the decisions from the get go have been awlful. Dominick will be nothing more than a career back up front office errand boy..

DKWEST

Starter

#25 : November 24, 2009, 01:29:16 PM

I disagree completely

He's very bright, has an excellent understanding of the game, and he's an exceptional motivator.

Alrighty then,.. 

I think he has shown more stupidity than brightness so far,..   "excellant understanding of the game"  are you serious?

Motivator?   Well he does have that chest bump thing down pretty good!

I don't know what makes you think all that, but you're obviously on the Raheem Railroad, because you're not thinking rationally.

Good luck with all that!

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#26 : November 24, 2009, 01:30:07 PM

Stay the course and keep the present system in place? What system? The OC was fired before the season started. And now the DC had his responsibilities stripped 10 weeks in.

Retain Raheem, MD and Olson for next season.

Go out and find someone from the Dungy / Kiffin tree to become the new DC. Heck, Lovie Smith may be looking for work at season's end -- he'd be a guy I'd target immediately to bring back to Tampa as a DC if he became available.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#27 : November 24, 2009, 01:31:15 PM

Retain Raheem, MD and Olson for next season.

Go out and find someone from the Dungy / Kiffin tree to become the new DC. Heck, Lovie Smith may be looking for work at season's end -- he'd be a guy I'd target immediately to bring back to Tampa as a DC if he became available.

Boy would I love for Rod Marinelli to be the new defensive coordinator, especially if we drafted Ndamukong Suh!

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 24, 2009, 01:31:19 PM

I think next year is going to be just as bad as this year. I dont see us picking up any offensive weapons. And the defense is years away from being competitive. And we got two guys at the helm who have no idea what they are doing.

Its going to be a long time before this team ever sees .500 again.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#29 : November 24, 2009, 01:34:31 PM

I think Rah has the potential to be a solid HC...but he needs to be better organized.  I am sure he understands this.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Latest Move by Bucs Illustrates Failure of Morris-Dominik Regime « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools