Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Steve White: We Should See A Noticable Improvement in D on Sunday « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8

bibfortuna

Second String
#105 : November 29, 2009, 07:23:42 PM

White is pretty good and I believe in his knowledge and don't believe that he has an agenda or a bias. I cant wait for his Bull Rush column tomorrow.

Some things from his game blog that i found interesting (edited for language):

12:58 Steve White: I don't think Turner will hold up very long if he really does have a high ankle sprain.   Those things are no joke.

1:44 Steve White: I told people.   If we can get a team to 3rd and long we have guys who can rush the passer

2:03 Steve White: I can't wait for some silly jack butt to say that was the D Line's fault too.   Geno Hayes is the biggest f* dumb butt on our defense.   Ton of potential but just doesn't do his damn job too much. That should have been a damn knockout hit

3:05 Steve White: Its no accident that we took out their two best offensvie player either

3:50 Steve White: Our D Line dominates the first half. In the 2nd half all of a sudden we want to rush only 3 or blitz all the time.   Gotta fix that

4:02 Steve White: We probably should have tried to throw for that first down

4:09 Steve White:  I do NOT agree with this 3 man rush b*

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#106 : November 29, 2009, 07:27:18 PM

Yeah, bib, those are some of the posts I was referring to. LOL. Good stuff. Glad to see he gets as frustrated as us.

I would love to see him added as a D Line assistant for the Bucs and to get in Rah's ear and urge him to stop those three man rushes.

bibfortuna

Second String
#107 : November 29, 2009, 07:58:52 PM

UFO - i would have joined his game chat, but i live in ATL and this was only my second game of the year on tv, so...

I just dont get the allegations of bias against White. He knows a lot, but no one claimed he was an expert coach anyway. He just gives his 2c and isnt paid for it. It is a refreshing read from a player perspective.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#108 : November 29, 2009, 11:19:52 PM

OK, things looked better but there were some things (three man rush) that have to stop. White ripped into a few play calls (and players) during his live blogging, which you can replay and read here:

http://passingonthegame.blogspot.com

I agree that the three man pass rushes needs to stop as well.
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Steve White: We Should See A Noticable Improvement in D on Sunday « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools