Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Steve White: We Should See A Noticable Improvement in D on Sunday « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 24, 2009, 02:25:34 PM

And I think White is smart enough to know that Atlanta's O isn't as good as NO.

I think most folks know that.  Also, Atlanta's (28th) overall defense is actually worse than the Bucs (27th) - so the Bucs offense should be able to do more vs. NO.

The Buc have played nine games against teams other than the Saints. Compare the play of the D on Sunday to some of those other games. It's pretty simple.

The Bucs O should be able to do more on Sunday and that will help the D. That's one of the reasons (IMO) that the Bucs were steamrolled in the 2nd half. Constant three and outs by the O. Most Ds would wilt if their O did that.

The D Line put pressure on Brees and the D got the ball back for the offense for a lot of the first half.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 24, 2009, 02:29:33 PM

Our front seven was a joke.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 24, 2009, 02:32:13 PM

*was/is a joke.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 24, 2009, 02:36:18 PM

We need to take a copy of the Vikings blueprint on defense. Kevin Williams being Suh and Miller playing the Pat Williams role. In this case, we get our well rounded pass rusher and run stuffer and Miller being the ox in the middle.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 24, 2009, 02:38:42 PM

We'll see how bad/good the front seven look the rest of the way. They showed signs of improvement against NE and then GB and their sack-prone line. Miami wasn't great and Brees did what he does to most teams.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#20 : November 24, 2009, 03:04:41 PM

The Buc have played nine games against teams other than the Saints. Compare the play of the D on Sunday to some of those other games. It's pretty simple.

Yeah, it is simple, the Bucs D was at the bottom of the league before NO ever came to Tampa.  The Bucs front 7 was awful yesterday.  The D-Line played poorly and the front 7 was gashed for 180+ yards - which was the 4th time this season the Bucs have allowed a team to rush for 180+ yards.  It's nothing new.

What's your point here?  The Bucs have been one of the worst defenses all season, and it was no surprise that NO ripped them a new one.  A 70 year old woman could probably guess that the Bucs defense will fare better against the Falcons than they did against the #1 offense in the league.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 24, 2009, 03:53:02 PM

Yeah, it is simple.  The Bucs front 7 was awful yesterday.  The D-Line played poorly and the front 7 was gashed for 180+ yards - which was the 4th time this season the Bucs have allowed a team to rush for 180+ yards.  It's nothing new.

Your ego and refusal to give White any credit is getting in the way of the truth. Let's see how the D fared against the league's number one defense early on when they weren't exhausted.

1st Quarter...

1st possession, Saints go five plays and punt.

Bucs march 95 yards and score a TD. Ball control. What a concept.

Saints quickly march 69 yards for the TD.

Bucs go three and out.

2nd Quarter.

Saints go three and out.

Bucs go three and out.

Saints go six plays and punt.

Bucs go seven plays and JF is intercepted.

Saints go three plays and can't get a first down. They kick the FG.

Bucs go three and out.

Up until this point, the Saints looked like any other team. The D did its job early on. Then things fell apart.

Saints go five plays and get the TD.

Third and Fourth quarter, Bucs go...

Five and out and fumble; Seven and out and JF is intercepted; Five and out; Nine and out; One and out on an INT.

In the mean time, the Saints run over the D. A few of those were short fields but not all. It was a combo of the Saints being that good and our D being tired and missing a few pieces. But most importantly, the scheme sucked. Those big running plays were in part, the result of the scheme and the players not being in the right spot.

What's your point here?  The Bucs have been one of the worst defenses all season, and it was no surprise that NO ripped them a new one.

Bucs held in there pretty good for most of the first half. The Saints ripped lots of defenses all year. And some of those defenses were/are pretty good. We're one of the worst defenses because of the scheme. That's my opinion and that's the opinion of SW.

A 70 year old woman could probably guess that the Bucs defense will fare better against the Falcons than they did against the #1 offense in the league.

Gee, is your ego really so big that you can't even comprehend or read what I wrote? Did I not just say that we should compare Sunday's performance by our D to their performance in games other than the Saints' game? LOL. Here is it, again...

I'll put it in bold so you can read it this time. Maybe it will sink in.

The Buc have played nine games against teams other than the Saints. Compare the play of the D on Sunday to some of those other games.

Is that clear enough for you or are you going to tell us about the Saints again?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#22 : November 24, 2009, 04:08:24 PM

Your ego and refusal to give White any credit is getting in the way of the truth. Let's see how the D fared against the league's number one defense early on when they weren't exhausted.

Geezus, you're hilarious.

I don't give a crap about Stevie White and your new man-crush on him.  He can say the DL didn't regress, Wilkerson had a good game, and all kind of other B/S making excuses - and you can believe all of it.  But when a team gains 180 yards on the ground, the DL is the main culprit - just like if they were to hold a team to 70 yards rushing.  It goes both ways.

Unfortunately for you and your man love who states the obvious and makes excuses, the game was longer than one half.  NFL games are 4 quarters long, and that's how they are judged.

Gee, is your ego really so big that you can't even comprehend or read what I wrote? Did I not just say that we should compare Sunday's performance by our D to their performance in games other than the Saints' game? LOL. Here is it, again...

The Buc have played nine games against teams other than the Saints. Compare the play of the D on Sunday to some of those other games.

Is that clear enough for you or are you going to tell us about the Saints again?

I mentioned all of the other games where the Bucs D gave up 180+ yards on the ground, but you either missed it or purposefully edited it out.  I'll break it down since Stevie doesn't give it to you.  Compare it to these:

The Bills game?  218 rushing yards.
The Giants game?  226 rushing yards.
The Panthers game?  267 rushing yards.
The Dolphins game?  199 rushing yards.

That list doesn't even include the Packer game where they gave up 170 rushing yards.  The DL has been ripped on the ground all year.  Sunday was nothing new, and neither were the excuses for DL from Stevie White.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#23 : November 24, 2009, 04:12:21 PM

gawd, the defense can't get any worse

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 24, 2009, 04:31:15 PM

Geezus, you're hilarious.

I don't give a crap about Stevie White and your new man-crush on him.  He can say the DL didn't regress, Wilkerson had a good game, and all kind of other B/S making excuses - and you can believe all of it.  But when a team gains 180 yards on the ground, the DL is the main culprit - just like if they were to hold a team to 70 yards rushing.  It goes both ways.

Unfortunately for you and your man love who states the obvious and makes excuses, the game was longer than one half.  NFL games are 4 quarters long, and that's how they are judged.

I mentioned all of the other games where the Bucs D gave up 180+ yards on the ground, but you either missed it or purposefully edited it out.  I'll break it down since Stevie doesn't give it to you.  Compare it to these:

The Bills game?  218 rushing yards.
The Giants game?  226 rushing yards.
The Panthers game?  267 rushing yards.
The Dolphins game?  199 rushing yards.

That list doesn't even include the Packer game where they gave up 170 rushing yards.  The DL has been ripped on the ground all year.  Sunday was nothing new, and neither were the excuses for DL from Stevie White.

Exactly my point. If we improve on our run and overall D over the next six games, it was the scheme and White was right.

Watch the game a few times and you'll see that the D Line was not at fault on all of those big plays. But they share in the blame, along with the scheme.

This will make Sunday all the more interesting.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#25 : November 24, 2009, 04:38:42 PM

The biggest concern the DL should have in switching back to a Tampa 2 is the UT not the NT. Of course, that's the question that's not asked of Steve White.

He'd be a better read if he turned down the rhetoric a bit and was more genuine in at least one reason for the blog. He does sell an ebook of his on the blog.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 24, 2009, 04:39:34 PM

It should be easy to see since ATL, CAR and NYJ will all want to run on us.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#27 : November 24, 2009, 04:42:12 PM

It should be easy to see since ATL, CAR and NYJ will all want to run on us.

Yep. And if we still suck, Morris is in trouble.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 24, 2009, 04:42:56 PM

The biggest concern the DL should have in switching back to a Tampa 2 is the UT not the NT. Of course, that's the question that's not asked of Steve White.

Go ask him. He responds to questions in the comments section of his blog.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#29 : November 24, 2009, 05:12:19 PM

He'd be a better read if he turned down the rhetoric a bit and was more genuine in at least one reason for the blog. He does sell an ebook of his on the blog.

You're only allowed to question White and his comments on his blog apparently, not in the thread dedicated to it.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Steve White: We Should See A Noticable Improvement in D on Sunday « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools