Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dolphins | McIntosh expected to test market « previous next »
Page: 1 2

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

: February 27, 2007, 02:06:05 PM

Dolphins | McIntosh expected to test market
Tue, 27 Feb 2007 09:57:47 -0800

Alex Marvez, of the Sun-Sentinel, reports the agent for Miami Dolphins pending free agent OT Damion McIntosh says he expects McIntosh to test the market.

Not a great option. but there aren't many other options.  Might be worth a "Bruce Allen special" contract as depth.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#1 : February 27, 2007, 02:13:31 PM

worth a shot for sure

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 27, 2007, 02:18:25 PM

Not a great option. but there aren't many other options.  Might be worth a "Bruce Allen special" contract as depth.

The market is going to be so inflated I'm not sure a Bruce Allen special will get it.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#3 : February 27, 2007, 02:42:32 PM

I heard that the Dolphins are also going to release Seth McKinney.  Is he worth signing?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#4 : February 27, 2007, 02:44:21 PM

Could McIntosh replace AD?  If so, then yes.  He is wortha  look, at the right price.  And the Bucs OL is in need of some help.  Badly.

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 27, 2007, 02:44:45 PM

Seth no. Damion maybe.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#6 : February 27, 2007, 06:27:18 PM

He's rated as a marginally better player (69 grade) than Davis (65 grade)

dal ... where did you come up with those grades?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#7 : February 27, 2007, 06:55:31 PM

Davis is a beast in the running game when we get Dan Buenning he should play better. McIntosh will be for push if we cannot draft Joe Thomas. I want Joe bad, I doubt we get him at 4. Anthony Davis is fat he needs to shed some pounds and learn more at his position. After this signee, trade Kenyatta Walker for a bag of donuts,Get him off the team!!!!!!

not really.  what were we ranked in rushing this year?

bklynbucs11

Starter

#8 : February 27, 2007, 05:06:34 PM

You wouldn't want McIntosh to replace AD. Trust me. Davis needs to hit the gym better in the off-season but he's got good technique and he actually can pass-protect. McIntosh would be a good guard.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#9 : February 27, 2007, 05:05:47 PM

McIntosh has good size, a wide wingspan and good experience. He has some quickness off the ball and into blocking patterns. He understands angles, leverage and body position. He has some functional strength as a run blocker. He is effective on cutoff and reach blocks. He can engulf defenders by using his long arms and body mass to position and wall off. He adjusts fairly well. He is light on his feet in pass protection and can mirror and slide. He can punch and reset his hands on upfield targets. He reacts well enough to stunts. But McIntosh lacks ideal athleticism and explosiveness. He has had some injuries. He doesn't play with a mean streak and isn't a consistent finisher. He struggles to adjust his angles on combination patterns. He isn't always in control on pull blocks. His hand placement is inconsistent. He doesn't bend, change directions or recover very well. He struggles to anchor against power and doesn't fare particularly well against edge speed.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 27, 2007, 06:12:56 PM

Davis is a beast in the running game when we get Dan Buenning he should play better. McIntosh will be for push if we cannot draft Joe Thomas. I want Joe bad, I doubt we get him at 4. Anthony Davis is fat he needs to shed some pounds and learn more at his position. After this signee, trade Kenyatta Walker for a bag of donuts,Get him off the team!!!!!!

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#11 : February 27, 2007, 06:19:28 PM

You wouldn't want McIntosh to replace AD. Trust me. Davis needs to hit the gym better in the off-season but he's got good technique and he actually can pass-protect. McIntosh would be a good guard.

Actually the Fins tried him at OG this year, then moved him back to LOT because he was better there.

I agree that he's not much better than AD, but in this market and with the draft so thin for LOTs he might be a good insurance policy at the right price, as well as give us flexibility while Buenning is hurt.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#12 : February 27, 2007, 07:11:03 PM

not really. what were we ranked in rushing this year?
ask yourself this in the 05 season when we were healthy..what were we ranked in 05?
Sean Mahan made Davis looks horrible since Mahan is awful..Buenning made Davis look like an average tackle..

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 27, 2007, 07:11:40 PM

dal ... where did you come up with those grades?

Sorry, that is the Scouts Inc ratings from ESPN.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#14 : February 27, 2007, 07:14:56 PM

If your starting LT needs an average LG to make him look good what does that tell you about your starting LT?  I wouldn't exactly call him a "beast" in the run game.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dolphins | McIntosh expected to test market « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools