Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chiefs | Huard agrees to deal « previous next »
Page: 1

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

: February 27, 2007, 04:39:59 PM

Chiefs | Huard agrees to deal
Tue, 27 Feb 2007 12:55:58 -0800

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the Kansas City Chiefs have agreed to a three-year contract with QB Damon Huard. Huard wouldn't reveal terms, but the deal is believed to be worth approximately $7.5 million. Huard was scheduled to become a free agent. The signing of Huard puts QB Trent Green's return in question.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#1 : February 27, 2007, 04:40:47 PM

I would like to see Green released. He would at least be another option in the QB market this year besides Garcia.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 27, 2007, 04:51:37 PM

Why does that mean Green is out the door? The guy had a serious head injury last year and Huard was called on early in the season. I'd say this is the chiefs getting some insurance in case Green gets injured again.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 28, 2007, 09:41:25 AM

Green plays too scared for me, I think he's a good QB just plays like puppy.

#4 : February 27, 2007, 06:06:03 PM

great news.... one less qb on the market for the raiders. Al Davis, draft Russell.... PLEASE!!!!!!!

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 27, 2007, 08:14:33 PM

great news.... one less qb on the market for the raiders. Al Davis, draft Russell.... PLEASE!!!!!!!
YES!

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 28, 2007, 09:25:20 AM

http://rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

The Kansas City Star reports that the Chiefs have started shopping Trent Green for a possible trade.

Nothing is certain, but it sounds like he's good as gone. Gotta give GM Carl Peterson credit. Damon Huard was the better quarterback by a longshot last year, he's three younger, and the Chiefs got him signed for a quarter of Green's pricetag. The Dolphins, Raiders, and Redskins all seem like possible landing spots for Green.
Source: Kansas City Star

Ignohippo

Second String

#7 : February 28, 2007, 11:00:01 AM

I'm from KC. Green's got nothing left. No chance he gets traded to the Raiders – the teams are in the same division and wouldn't do anything to help each other out.

I would see Detroit as a possibility. The Chiefs could get a receiver and Green would be back in Martz' system.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chiefs | Huard agrees to deal « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools