Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What are the odds we're this lucky? « previous next »
Page: 1

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

: November 25, 2009, 04:33:27 PM

In regards to Clayton's contract? I'd love to see that clown get shown the door and his "guaranteed" money to go bye bye.

My position has always been that no $$ is guaranteed if it aint in your pocket already.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/25/rhodes-contract-contains-a-478-million-hole/

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

HughC

Pro Bowler

#1 : November 25, 2009, 09:48:17 PM

I think it is completely ridiculous the way the media reports football player's contracts.  Rather than say "signed a 10-year, $100 million contract" they should say "will earn $12 million next year in salaries and bonuses, with club options through 2019", or something like that.

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 25, 2009, 10:03:09 PM

well the bonus is guaranteed.. So he can get cut tomorrow and the team is still on the hook for that bonus.

Ask gruden about his guarantee.

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 26, 2009, 07:33:59 AM

Good point but I'm willing to wager that Gruden's agent wasn't trying to pump up his resume' with inflated, nonsensical numbers to make himself look better.

Similarly I'm sure Clayton's agent was. It's the way that game is played. Just ask Albert Haynesworth.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 26, 2009, 02:14:47 PM

Maybe we could trade Clayton and a 5th round pick for Kherry Rhodes?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#5 : November 26, 2009, 03:20:36 PM

My position has always been that no $$ is guaranteed if it aint in your pocket already.

Your position is faulty!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 26, 2009, 03:24:55 PM

Tell that to Kerry Rhodes.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What are the odds we're this lucky? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools