Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Eagles snub Garcia... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

: February 27, 2007, 09:26:38 PM

Maybe he will be a Buc afterall. :o

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#1 : February 27, 2007, 09:28:47 PM

NO, no, no!!! [banghead]

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : February 27, 2007, 09:29:28 PM

Eagles apparently never made him an offer at all. I don't know if they wanted to avoid the McNabb/Garcia issues or if Jeff's age scared them off.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#3 : February 27, 2007, 09:31:30 PM

Eagles apparently never made him an offer at all. I don't know if they wanted to avoid the McNabb/Garcia issues or if Jeff's age scared them off.

It is likely they wanted to avoid the QB controversy. That type of thing just rips a team apart.

If he comes here, he will probably be the undisputed starter (although I highly doubt this will be said directly). There will probably be a "competition."

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#4 : February 27, 2007, 09:36:35 PM

if he comes here, i'm willing to bet he ISN'T the starter.... when Simms went down, did we have a reliable vet to put in? No... and everyone crucified Gruden for it, so now if he goes out and gets a good guy to plug in given a problem, and we all wanna crucify him again...

it's a wonder the guy isn't half a step from breakin down with the wavering fans and media in tampa.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#5 : February 27, 2007, 09:46:48 PM

Garcia is a legit qb that could well put Simms on the bench - fully explaining the anti Garcia comment from his number 1 fan.  Looking at the situation objectively he offers far more than the other FAs in every category but for age.  So he is shorter term solution to building more quality at that postion.  Folks - we need a lot more quality at qb, and just picking up Garcia would not be the end of this on going need. 

If CJ and Thomas go before the bucs pick a qb selection would be good for the franchise - it is a huge problem position and has been for several years (since B. Johnson's arm went bad and maybe even before) - it is not all the oline issue insofar as the offense is concerned, qb play HAS to be better.  IF CJ and Thomas go prior to the bucs pick and the bucs think one of the boys could become their man at qb - well that move should be made imvho. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#6 : February 27, 2007, 09:50:50 PM

Garcia is a legit qb??

Okay, he's bounced around ever since gettin thrown out of San Fran, didn't prove jack in cleveland? or detroit, than lands in philly and win's a couple games, and now he's the **CENSORED**ing messiah?

he's 37, would be coming into a new system, and has been a backup qb for years... the majority of that unsuccessful..

oh ya... he's the answer alright.

kennard19

Starter
#7 : February 27, 2007, 09:52:29 PM

I think Simms will be fine. But we do need a #2 QB. Shotgun will help a lot! And so will C. Johnson. Garcia is not the answer. Maybe Carr.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#8 : February 27, 2007, 09:53:57 PM

Garcia coming here would be Gruden covering his ass---to not get fired after next season.

#9 : February 27, 2007, 09:54:43 PM

Garcia coming here would be trying to get a legitimate qb to lead the offense.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#10 : February 27, 2007, 09:55:51 PM

There's another problem... you ppl that keep sayin, gruden's gotta cover his ass... You really think Gruden would be unemployed for more than a few weeks if the Glazers fired him? ya right.

cant see Jon bringin in a journey man junker to save his job for one year

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#11 : February 27, 2007, 09:57:08 PM

I'd argue that if we draft CJ that Simms will get the job done. You think teams will play their safeties up as close as they normally do with Galloway and CJ on the field?

Samari28

Hall of Famer
#12 : February 27, 2007, 09:59:03 PM

Simms is a joke, Gradkowski flat our sucks and Josh is well who knows what he is.  Why the hell would we not go after a QB like Jeff Garcia?  He knows the offense and yeah so he is 37 - who cares how old he is as age does not mean that much to a QB like many other positions.  I for one hope that if Johnson and Thomas are gone that we draft Quinn as how many chances do teams get to draft a franchise QB?  DL are a dime a dozen as are other positions so I would not be pissed to see us go this way.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#13 : February 27, 2007, 09:59:50 PM

A legitimate old qb.  Good for a yr maybe...That's the point, If he wins with Garcia for 1 yr he saves his job & then we are right back where we started.

#14 : February 27, 2007, 10:02:24 PM

Wasn't Brad Johnson the same thing for Dungy, an old QB to save his ass?
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Eagles snub Garcia... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools