Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Eagles snub Garcia... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#15 : February 27, 2007, 10:03:16 PM

Garcia coming here would be trying to get a legitimate qb to lead the offense.
A legitimate old qb.  Good for a yr maybe...That's the point, If he wins with Garcia for 1 yr he saves his job & then we are right back where we started.
Not really, Garcia can provide the kind of mentor that Bruce and Chris really need, and definitely did not have last year.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#16 : February 27, 2007, 10:06:46 PM

A legitimate old qb. Good for a yr maybe...That's the point, If he wins with Garcia for 1 yr he saves his job & then we are right back where we started.
Not really, Garcia can provide the kind of mentor that Bruce and Chris really need, and definitely did not have last year.
Bruce doesn't need anything but the door! And Brad saving Dungy??  RJ, you do remember BJ won the SB?

#17 : February 27, 2007, 10:07:54 PM

I'd argue that if we draft CJ that Simms will get the job done. You think teams will play their safeties up as close as they normally do with Galloway and CJ on the field?

the safeties aren't the ones batting his balls down at the line of scrimmage.

You really think Gruden would be unemployed for more than a few weeks if the Glazers fired him? ya right.

If Gruden becomes unemployed, who gives a sh*t if he gets another job or not?

#18 : February 27, 2007, 10:09:09 PM

A legitimate old qb. Good for a yr maybe...That's the point, If he wins with Garcia for 1 yr he saves his job & then we are right back where we started.
Bruce doesn't need anything but the door! And Brad saving Dungy?? RJ, you do remember BJ won the SB?
Yes, I do. And please stop hating on Bruce, he wasn't as bad statisically compared to some rookies as you and others make it sound. Future starter? Na, good backup? Yup.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#19 : February 27, 2007, 10:11:16 PM

I'd argue that if we draft CJ that Simms will get the job done. You think teams will play their safeties up as close as they normally do with Galloway and CJ on the field?

the safeties aren't the ones batting his balls down at the line of scrimmage.

You really think Gruden would be unemployed for more than a few weeks if the Glazers fired him? ya right.

If Gruden becomes unemployed, who gives a sh*t if he gets another job or not?

the word dense comes to mind here...

point is, i doubt he's worried about his job security as much as you and other 'fans' would like to fantasize about.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#20 : February 27, 2007, 10:12:39 PM

I don't give a crap about his stats...I sat in that damned stadium watching wide open guys all over the field. He was flat out awful!!

#21 : February 27, 2007, 10:13:58 PM

I don't give a crap about his stats...I sat in that damned stadium watching wide open guys all over the field. He was flat out awful!!
He only got to watch 2 3/4th's games of reg. season play from the sidelines...you'd be suprised how different he would be if he sat for 10 weeks or so.

kennard19

Starter
#22 : February 27, 2007, 10:16:32 PM

true

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#23 : February 27, 2007, 10:17:26 PM

He only got to watch 2 3/4th's games of reg. season play from the sidelines...you'd be suprised how different he would be if he sat for 10 weeks or so.
NO!

#24 : February 27, 2007, 10:20:10 PM

the word dense comes to mind here...

point is, i doubt he's worried about his job security as much as you and other 'fans' would like to fantasize about.

Dense...  because i'm not concerned about Gruden's job security. My only concern is for my Bucs and if he's not gonna improve the offense that he's supposed to know so much about, then he needs to be unemployed.

#25 : February 27, 2007, 10:25:13 PM

NO!
Not sure what 'no' is in response to, he never got a chance to watch the game....look at Simms, he got to sit for a few years and could step in and start without missing a beat because of it.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#26 : February 27, 2007, 10:28:04 PM

NO! It won't help Grads.  Besides he's scarred by now.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#27 : February 27, 2007, 10:29:10 PM

Bruce doesn't need anything but the door! And Brad saving Dungy?? RJ, you do remember BJ won the SB?
 I recall the bucs winning the SB, I recall the qb being Brad Johnson.  I remember him opening the game with an interception.  You really need to focus on the team, not your favorite players.  

You are making an issue of Garcia's age.  A legimate qb is the first thing this teams needs - it will make the entire offense better which will help the defense.  If he only lasts 2 years so be it.  The bucs have two years for the younger players to improve, and maybe Simms becomes a legit qb, bc based on his first two starts last year he wasn't.  

Better to have a legit old qb than not have a legit qb at all - got it?  It really is not that hard to figure out.

Note to Ether - we are trying to communicate with a wall.  I give.  

Note to Karen - if Grads is scarred then Simms is beyond saving.  Neither is true - both can play. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

#28 : February 27, 2007, 10:30:15 PM

Scarred? From what? Simms had 1 TD, 7 INTs, lost his spleen, and he's not scarred, yet somehow Bruce is? Makes no sense really.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#29 : February 27, 2007, 10:33:10 PM

Note to dbucfan--I communicate just fine with RJ.  Grads confidence didn't take a huge hit by being left in there week after week to suck & then get pulled? Simms had success before this past season.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Eagles snub Garcia... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools