Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: bowl predictions « previous next »
Page: 1

redtab78

Pro Bowler
: November 24, 2009, 01:45:07 PM

Does anyone know where I can go to see the bowl predictions for this year?

Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow will be a great NFL QB is an idiot.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 24, 2009, 01:54:09 PM

http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls/projections

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 24, 2009, 01:54:31 PM

or
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/bowls/predictions

www.Atlbucs.com

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 24, 2009, 07:52:17 PM

check back sunday it will change hahaha

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 25, 2009, 12:43:48 AM

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/10416906/Week-12-Bowl-Projections

www.Atlbucs.com

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 25, 2009, 08:09:58 PM

not many good BCS games this year it appears

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 26, 2009, 11:03:44 AM

My super fantastic Bowl Predictions- because I am 120% more awesome than ESPN or CBS

BCS Bowl- Texas vs (flips coin, heads) Florida
Orange- GT vs TCU (Orange gets 1st pick this year)
Fiesta- OK State vs BSU
Sugar- Bama v Cinn
Rose- Da "O" v Thee OSU
Capital One- Ole Miss v Iowa
Outback - LSU v PSU
Gator Bowl- Pitt v Clemson
Cotton Bowl-Wisconsin v Kentucky
Pappajohns Bowl- USF v Auburn >>>>IN BIRMINGHAM Holy Home field advantage batman
Liberty Bowl- Houston v Arkansas
Alamo- Northwestern v Nebraska
Chick fillet- USCar v VT
Insight Bowl- Mizzou v Minn
Texas Bowl- Navy v UTaM
Sun Bowl- Ore St. v TT
Armed Forces Bowl- BYU v E.Car

Bowls before New Year's Eve-who cares

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You might notice a lack of PAC X teams in these bowl games. This has little to do with football and everything to do with the PAC X sucking at BIZ-NIZ. While the SEC and Big 10, Big 12 have contractual commitments to 10 odd New Years Eve or better bowls, the PAC X has just 2 (Rose and Sun).

redtab78

Pro Bowler
#7 : November 26, 2009, 11:08:35 AM

Im looking forward to the rose bowl to be honest.....I HATE OSU, and if I had to like a second college team it would be Oregon...

Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow will be a great NFL QB is an idiot.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 26, 2009, 01:03:11 PM

Im looking forward to the rose bowl to be honest.....I HATE OSU, and if I had to like a second college team it would be Oregon...

I agree ;)

Im hoping in a week Ill know if I get to go.

I think the Rose Bowl probably will be the 2nd best BCS bowl behind the NCG.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 26, 2009, 01:07:22 PM

My super fantastic Bowl Predictions- because I am 120% more awesome than ESPN or CBS

BCS Bowl- Texas vs (flips coin, heads) Florida
Orange- GT vs TCU (Orange gets 1st pick this year)
Fiesta- OK State vs BSU
Sugar- Bama v Cinn
Rose- Da "O" v Thee OSU
Capital One- Ole Miss v Iowa
Outback - LSU v PSU
Gator Bowl- Pitt v Clemson
Cotton Bowl-Wisconsin v Kentucky
Pappajohns Bowl- USF v Auburn >>>>IN BIRMINGHAM Holy Home field advantage batman
Liberty Bowl- Houston v Arkansas
Alamo- Northwestern v Nebraska
Chick fillet- USCar v VT
Insight Bowl- Mizzou v Minn
Texas Bowl- Navy v UTaM
Sun Bowl- Ore St. v TT
Armed Forces Bowl- BYU v E.Car

Bowls before New Year's Eve-who cares

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You might notice a lack of PAC X teams in these bowl games. This has little to do with football and everything to do with the PAC X sucking at BIZ-NIZ. While the SEC and Big 10, Big 12 have contractual commitments to 10 odd New Years Eve or better bowls, the PAC X has just 2 (Rose and Sun).

Pac-10 has a new commish and already has landed a new years bowl. The last commish has put the pac behind.

Pac actually has tie ins with the Holiday Bowl, Las Vegas Bowl, Emerald Bowl.

And your sun bowl pick will be wrong... they will not choose OSU to go a 2nd straight year. Have OSU be in the Las Vegas Bowl playing BYU... dont tell anyone I said that. Or go against the grain and have OSU in the rose bowl playing the other OSU. People assume Oregons gonna win but it will not shock me if OSU wins, they are a well balanced offense

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 26, 2009, 06:24:09 PM

Pac-10 has a new commish and already has landed a new years bowl. The last commish has put the pac behind.

And your sun bowl pick will be wrong... they will not choose OSU to go a 2nd straight year. Have OSU be in the Las Vegas Bowl playing BYU... dont tell anyone I said that. Or go against the grain and have OSU in the rose bowl playing the other OSU. People assume Oregons gonna win but it will not shock me if OSU wins, they are a well balanced offense

I didn't know if the new commish had made any deals for this year. He needs to work on the Feista which is currently Big 12 champ vs #2 Big 10 or non-BCS if higher (BSU). The Fiesta is a natural fit for the PAC. Also the Cotton bowl which is currently #4 or 5 SEC v Big Ten. The bowls in Orlando and Tampa are already Big 10 v SEC, the Cotton should be SEC v PAC.

There are no (that I know of) PAC vs SEC bowls, and since they are the 2 strongest conferences there should be a couple.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 26, 2009, 06:47:07 PM

I didn't know if the new commish had made any deals for this year. He needs to work on the Feista which is currently Big 12 champ vs #2 Big 10 or non-BCS if higher (BSU). The Fiesta is a natural fit for the PAC. Also the Cotton bowl which is currently #4 or 5 SEC v Big Ten. The bowls in Orlando and Tampa are already Big 10 v SEC, the Cotton should be SEC v PAC.

There are no (that I know of) PAC vs SEC bowls, and since they are the 2 strongest conferences there should be a couple.

Pac-10 picked up the Alamo Bowl... it starts next Bowl cycle which is 2011 I believe.

Fiesta can take a 2nd Pac-10 team. If one was an atlarge. They arent really tied to that.

Pac-10 used to have the Cotton Bowl because my mom went in 96, but I dont know what happened. But the Big 12 isnt giving up there side of it.

The pac-10 should try for an SEC bowl tie in, but I doubt many bowls are interested because of the distance. Cali schools wont travel to a warm weather bowl in the south. I know northwest teams would but thats it. Crowds wouldnt be large. Pac-10 instead of bumping down the Holiday Bowl for the Alamo Bowl should have kept the Holiday Bowl where it was. Holiday Bowl usually is a great matchup, last year it was one of the highest rated non bcs bowl, and one of the better games. This year will be a huge draw if USC beats fucla. Than you will have Oregon (if they lose to OSU) or USC vs Oklahoma State/Nebraska which would get good TV ratings and good attendance.

Pac-10 needs to dump the Sun Bowl... its the 3rd bowl for the pac-10, thats a joke. Its on I believe during a weekday afternoon, and very little people travel for it (although the locals sell it out).

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#12 : November 26, 2009, 09:10:47 PM

A PAC 10 v SEC bowl in Texas (Alamo, Cotton, Sun, armed Forces is ideal. reduces the travel issue on both sides.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 26, 2009, 09:44:54 PM

A PAC 10 v SEC bowl in Texas (Alamo, Cotton, Sun, armed Forces is ideal. reduces the travel issue on both sides.

Cotton wont happen. Alamo probably wont. SEC wouldnt go for sun. So I doubt it happens.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#14 : November 27, 2009, 09:23:59 AM

Cotton wont happen. Alamo probably wont. SEC wouldnt go for sun. So I doubt it happens.

With a $1.9 million payout the SEC would consider the Sun Bowl, if they bump that up a little, grab a pen. The SEC is always looking to grow (and grow their $$$) and the only place they could grow is by expanding their presence/viewership west, plus the SEC never saw $$$ they didn't like.

SEC: Hello, ADVO Independence Bowl? The is the SEC and the Fellers over at the Sun Bowl jus offered us $2.1 and it's a lil' further then yall's bowl but heck yall are only payin $1.1 so shucks but sorry.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: bowl predictions « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools