Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS STEVEN MEANS READY TO PROVE HE BELONGS « previous next »
Page: 1

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
: May 25, 2014, 11:21:05 AM

2013 fifth-round draft pick Steven Means was kind of a forgotten man in 2013, but believes the new coaching staff, and addition of some new players will help him make an impact in his sophomore season in the NFL.

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=9829

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#1 : May 26, 2014, 09:45:40 AM

My impression is Lovie has a more player-friendly system on both offense and defense. The more a player has to think about during a play, the slower he's gonna be. A quicker-pace offense doesn't give the opposing D as much time to play "games", like delayed blitzes etc. Also designating slot receivers and split receivers gives them less to think about once the ball is snapped. On D, designating nickel CBs gives wide CBs less to think about, and allows nickel CBs to focus on that specific position.
    I gather from Means' commentary the DE in Lovie's system has a more limited set of responsibilities than they did in Schiano/Sheridan's system. Again, this will allow the DE to be quicker in his reactions, with less to think about. This will allow younger players to play faster in their early years.

seanbassak

Pro Bowler

#2 : May 26, 2014, 09:58:01 AM

I'm really rooting for Means and Gholston. Obviously I root for all Bucs but I'd love to see those guys become real contributors in our DE rotation. I like Gholston a lot and hopefully Means, with our new scheme, can be productive as well.

Not living, just killing time.

The QB of the Future

Starter

#3 : May 26, 2014, 11:06:56 AM

Gholston is War Daddy Force. You don't have to worry about him contributing.

SackedBySapp

Starter

#4 : May 26, 2014, 11:16:56 AM

Means is a beast waiting to happen.

OUTOFYOURSKULL

Starter

#5 : May 26, 2014, 03:48:19 PM

I was excited for this guy when we drafted him.  His film in school was awesome.  Yes I know his position and what place he plays in on the team, but the time I seen him on the field was a let down for me.  It looked like he was trying at least and I really like that, but the guy did not look like a force at all even going against 3rd stringers in preseason.  The guy that did not have really impressive school tape that turned out to become a force to me was Gholston, the guy looks like he could really get after it, looking forward to seeing what he does this year.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#6 : May 26, 2014, 04:04:47 PM

It will be interesting to follow the improvement along the whole D'line under Cullen's watch. I expect to see improvement across the board, especially Means and Gholston...

Super Selmon

Starter
#7 : May 29, 2014, 11:14:38 AM

Means is a special teams beast waiting to happen.

Only way he makes the final 53
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS STEVEN MEANS READY TO PROVE HE BELONGS « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools