Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lord, I was born a rambling man... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Stretchcaddy

Starter

#30 : October 01, 2006, 12:38:38 PM

I think............the bucs will go 8 and 8. I think Grad will step in and do a decent job at managing the games and making a play with his arm every now and then. I think Gruden will do what he should have started the season out with, and thats the running game. Cadillac will get about 20-25 carries and 5 receptions, and pittman and A Train will get about 10 - 15 touches between the two. But i think Bruce will do his thing. Even though i like simms this is an unfortunate injury, but i think it might workout with for the bucs, contract wise. Simms had 2 and a half games worth of poor performances. I dont think too many teams will give him the big contract he is looking for and that might let the bucs resign him and let simms and grad battle it out in training camp.

I also believe we need a playmaker at the DT position and at safety. We need to draft defense first 2or 3 rounds.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#31 : October 01, 2006, 12:48:16 PM

I am not even talking about talent. Looking at Mahan's play compared to Jeb's play in his limited time in the Ravens game Jeb is better in every single way. Only thing Mahan has over Jeb is experience. I already explained why they keep putting Mahan out there over Jeb. As for Joseph not starting it is obvious considering his injury. The only reason they are considering starting Joseph over the experienced Mahan is becuase they invested a first round pick in him. If it were not for the salary cap politics of Joseph being a first round pick (and Joseph been a 2nd/3rd round pick) I would not have been shocked if they started Mahan the entire year. Lets just say Muir has a different take on the o-line that I completely disagree with.

Where's the Hilliard sig?

joedav01

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 01, 2006, 01:02:52 PM

Here are my $.02 on why we should pull for the Saints in this game.  We still have 2 games left against them. So we can directly hand them 2 losses.  We only get one more shot at Carolina. If they lose today they will also have 2 division losses.

I don't think the Bucs will be able to make a huge run, but I think if they do surprise the world and do go on a run.....a Saints win will help them today.

Just my opinion.

calehawkins

Second String

#33 : October 01, 2006, 03:00:09 PM

NO is down by 4 in the 3rd and Panthers are doing OK.

#34 : October 01, 2006, 03:01:19 PM

Here are my $.02 on why we should pull for the Saints in this game. We still have 2 games left against them. So we can directly hand them 2 losses. We only get one more shot at Carolina. If they lose today they will also have 2 division losses.

I don't think the Bucs will be able to make a huge run, but I think if they do surprise the world and do go on a run.....a Saints win will help them today.

Just my opinion.
I agree with your logic JD

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#35 : October 02, 2006, 12:05:55 AM

Not sure about the LB thing but I agree that we need a playmaker as a safety. Not sure if it need to be Rd 1 as I feel that DL playmaker is integral to this style of defense.

Why not a new LBer?  Q and DB are about ready to collect their pensions man.

Q is about done next year, and DB has 2 more years, at the VERY most.  I am thinking after next year he will be gone.

There are too many holes to fill on the defensive side of things.  Starting with the LBers, and the corners as well.  Barber and Kelly are far from spring chickens...and Z-man is an unproven who doesn't even suit up on game day, despite CB depth issues.  So take what you will from that.

Address these areas first.  Safety next.  At least the safeties have some youth to them. 

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 02, 2006, 12:32:40 AM

Kyle Young will be avaiable in the draft as will Ryan Kili (sp?) I wouldn't mind snatching a C with our 4th/5th round pick.

Those guys IMO wont be left in round 4 or 5.

Ozymandias

Starter

#37 : May 29, 2014, 10:34:26 AM

The more things change...

it is NOT very difficult to limit access to guns
it is almost impossible to prevent someone with a mental illness from getting a gun.  

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
#38 : May 29, 2014, 11:54:58 AM

WOW ! ! !

LT Davis (now responsible for protecting a blind side, and was never an A1 pass blocker to begin with)
LG Buenning  Decent guard, IMO
C Wade  Outmuscled, outquicked, overmatched game in and game out
RG Joseph   ???  We all know he has never taken a snap when the real bullets fly...
RT Walker   :'(  Mediocrity at its finest

And to top it all off, the Bucs have NO run game.  A rookie QB drafted out of Toledo in the sixth round.

And Becht is a 270 pound chipper.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lord, I was born a rambling man... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools