Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lord, I was born a rambling man... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#15 : September 30, 2006, 03:37:34 PM

I totally disagree ... a 4th or 5th for a center ... yeah, I'm for it, but again, we just used a 1st and a 2nd on two young guys that are gonna be good and Davis and Buenning are solid.  So please no more 1st day picks on more tackles or guards for awhile. 

The best thing for our offense would be to help our bleeding Defense.  We've sat back and watched pick after pick [with the exception of Ruud] go to the offensive side and it shows big time.  We need impact players at DT, Safety, CB and LB [in order IMO]. and we need it fast! meaning we don't have time to develop 4th- 7th round talent and hope they become probowlers.  We need some first day picks and should start with McFarland and Phillips and ship their butts out for 1st day [didn't say 1st round] picks to help with the rebuilding the defense project, cause those 2 guys are killing us!

Who knows, we might have been able to get the run going if we weren't playing from behind so much.  Don't see any reason why it couldn't happen ... geesh these are the same guys that gave Williams good running holes last year.

Garv

Hall of Famer
#16 : September 30, 2006, 04:14:30 PM

What about the defense? We cannot remain in a state of denial and expect the D to get better without some top young talent being added through the draft IMO.

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

#17 : September 30, 2006, 05:09:08 PM

as far as fullbacks in the draft, Billy Lasko gets my vote as a guy to look at

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#18 : September 30, 2006, 05:20:13 PM

all that hype on terry about how he should have been named the starter over Davin and he cant even beat out mahan, meaning Terry isn't even our 2nd string RG. 

gone

Hall of Famer
#19 : September 30, 2006, 11:56:24 PM

I totally disagree ... a 4th or 5th for a center ... yeah, I'm for it, but again, we just used a 1st and a 2nd on two young guys that are gonna be good and Davis and Buenning are solid.  So please no more 1st day picks on more tackles or guards for awhile. 

The best thing for our offense would be to help our bleeding Defense.  We've sat back and watched pick after pick [with the exception of Ruud] go to the offensive side and it shows big time.  We need impact players at DT, Safety, CB and LB [in order IMO]. and we need it fast! meaning we don't have time to develop 4th- 7th round talent and hope they become probowlers.  We need some first day picks and should start with McFarland and Phillips and ship their butts out for 1st day [didn't say 1st round] picks to help with the rebuilding the defense project, cause those 2 guys are killing us!

Who knows, we might have been able to get the run going if we weren't playing from behind so much.  Don't see any reason why it couldn't happen ... geesh these are the same guys that gave Williams good running holes last year.
We watched those picks go to O as they needed it more.  That'll change in the future, and don't call it "pick after pick", remember, while most of what we had went O, we didn't have a lot thanks to the trade for Gru.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#20 : September 30, 2006, 11:59:02 PM

all that hype on terry about how he should have been named the starter over Davin and he cant even beat out mahan, meaning Terry isn't even our 2nd string RG. 

Exactly! :-

And Mahan gets beaten on out there, so that must mean Terry is a real bonehead, a bigger wuss, or a combination of both...

As far as fullbacks go, all I got for all of you is LEONARD.  Rutgers.  Period. ;D

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 01, 2006, 12:01:51 AM

I do not think it has anything to do with Jeb not being able to beat out Mahan.  Mahan is starting becuase the Bucs have come out and said they wanted to go with an o-line that played all the games last year together.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 01, 2006, 12:05:38 AM

I do not think it has anything to do with Jeb not being able to beat out Mahan.  Mahan is starting becuase the Bucs have come out and said they wanted to go with an o-line that played all the games last year together.

They can say what they want, but if Mahan brings continuity while getting whipped out there, then I think they would have given Jeb the nod...

I think Jeb is either mildly hurt, or isn't playing that well.  I go with the latter.

calehawkins

Second String

#23 : October 01, 2006, 06:22:31 AM

If our running game steps up and Grads manages to prevent turnovers, we could actually turn this season around and possibly go 8-8. I'd bet a lot of money, however, that we don't make the playoffs this year.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 01, 2006, 08:01:18 AM

They can say what they want, but if Mahan brings continuity while getting whipped out there, then I think they would have given Jeb the nod...

I think Jeb is either mildly hurt, or isn't playing that well.  I go with the latter.

I completely disagree. Even my grandma knows that Jeb is a better guard than Mahan.   This coaching stafff is slow to pull players that play poorly simply put or the backup is better than the established player.  They give established players like Booger McFarland, Brad Johnson. Derrick Deese, Greg Spires, Sean Mahan etc too much leeway.  The other reason they have Mahan out there is to see if they want him to be the future at center. 

WE all know Mhan sucks rocks, it is why they went and tossed that crazy draft pick at the position. If Terry was anything worthwhile he'd have popped Mahn for that spot. What makes me worry is that Terry outplayed Davin by a hair according to a lot of folks. Ummm, what sort of bad sign is that?

That is not a bad sign.  That means you have two good guards.  Dal you have argued Dewayne White is no good becuase he can not beat out Spires?  In my eyes White has done more than enough to beat him out at this point in time and Spires still retains the starting spot.  That does not mean Spires sucks nor does it mean White sucks. 

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#25 : October 01, 2006, 08:03:11 AM

We watched those picks go to O as they needed it more.  That'll change in the future, and don't call it "pick after pick", remember, while most of what we had went O, we didn't have a lot thanks to the trade for Gru.

2002-2006
15 day 1 picks
4 traded
8 offense
3 defense

Again I say, Please no offense on day 1 ... let put the fear back into our defense

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#26 : October 01, 2006, 08:11:17 AM

We need a kick ass center to anchor the line and replacements for Booger & Rice assuming White is Spires replacement. It all starts up front on both sides of the ball.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#27 : October 01, 2006, 09:03:08 AM

A nasty ball-hawking safety is what I want ... seems to be our weakest position.  Thx Jermaine, there's the door.  Actually, I'd consider moving Phillips to LB.  Hmm
Not sure about the LB thing but I agree that we need a playmaker as a safety.  Not sure if it need to be Rd 1 as I feel that DL playmaker is integral to this style of defense.

#28 : October 01, 2006, 09:20:11 AM

I think finding safeties for this defense, as with CB, is easier than most other defenses. Not a lot of man coverage, and we value technique and fundamentals over being a supreme athlete. Id love to get Brandon Meriweather, but to take him as high as he'll go I think this defense would be much better off to take DE Moses or Adams.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 01, 2006, 10:28:08 AM

So Grudne is playing inferior talent? That makes sense. I guess that makes me feel better?!?!

Yes, White is nothing special despite the breathless sign him hype. Mahan is trash and the Bucs want to replace him so they aren't slow on the trigger. The problem isn't the will to do it but the performance of those behind him. I have no idea how you claim we have two good OG's based on the fact that they do NOT play over Sean Mahan.

I am not even talking about talent.  Looking at Mahan's play compared to Jeb's play in his limited time in the Ravens game Jeb is better in every single way.  Only thing Mahan has over Jeb is experience.  I already explained why they keep putting Mahan out there over Jeb.  As for Joseph not starting it is obvious considering his injury.  The only reason they are considering starting Joseph over the experienced Mahan is becuase they invested a first round pick in him.  If it were not for the salary cap politics of Joseph being a first round pick (and Joseph been a 2nd/3rd round pick) I would not have been shocked if they started Mahan the entire year.  Lets just say Muir has a different take on the o-line that I completely disagree with. 

So far this year White has shown he is a capable player in this league.  The stats last year showed that White was producing just as much as Spires was in limited time while Spires was slated the starter.  This year White is once again showing that he is a good player. Monte has always given a lot of leeway to veteran players on defense and as we all know Monte does not like to start rookies on defense either.  :-

People said that Ruud must have sucked becuase he could not beat out Quarles.  So far from what I have seen on the football field Ruud is good.  ;D

Yes it is possible to have a good player backing up a starter.  *Gasp*

Edit:  Gruden's biggest weakness is his long leash of loyalty to his players and coaches. :o :o :o  At this point considering the Bucs are 0-3 I will question every decision Gruden makes as well as any other coach on this team *cough*Muir*cough*.  Even Monte Kiffen has to be questioned at this point in time as well.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lord, I was born a rambling man... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools