Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Interesting read on quinn/russell... « previous next »
Page: 1

dm4bucs

Starter
: February 27, 2007, 11:00:34 PM

I wonder how much of this article is true...

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/default.htm

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1 : February 27, 2007, 11:03:18 PM

Interesting read.

AS for how much of it is true?  Probably half of it.  Your guess as to which half...

kennard19

Starter
#2 : February 27, 2007, 11:09:50 PM

Who cares! As long as they don't take Johnson!

T

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 27, 2007, 11:19:04 PM

I'd stay away from Russell, work ethic can't be taught. It's something that is enstilled in you from a very young age, it is a part of who you are. If Russell doesn't have it now, he'll never have it. All the games top QB's have amazing work ethic and are always in the film room or work out facility. Manning,Brady,Brees,and McNabb are Pro Bowlers and leaders because of their work ethic, and knowledge of the game. From what I've heard from LSU alum and what I've read from Scouts, I don't want Russell to be a Buccaneer.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#4 : February 27, 2007, 11:34:17 PM

I'd stay away from Russell, work ethic can't be taught. It's something that is enstilled in you from a very young age, it is a part of who you are. If Russell doesn't have it now, he'll never have it. All the games top QB's have amazing work ethic and are always in the film room or work out facility. Manning,Brady,Brees,and McNabb are Pro Bowlers and leaders because of their work ethic, and knowledge of the game. From what I've heard from LSU alum and what I've read from Scouts, I don't want Russell to be a Buccaneer.

What says he has bad work ethic?  The guy got better as his career progressed, whcih seems to say he has good work ethic.  He also is said to be very coachable.  Again, goes against the bad work ethic thing. 

Some idiot started a rumor about it and now everyone says it, but nothing in his career suggests he has bad work ethic.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#5 : February 27, 2007, 11:37:27 PM

What says he has bad work ethic? The guy got better as his career progressed, whcih seems to say he has good work ethic. He also is said to be very coachable. Again, goes against the bad work ethic thing.

Some idiot started a rumor about it and now everyone says it, but nothing in his career suggests he has bad work ethic.
True.

I know a lot of chubby dudes who work rings around me...not too many mind you, but they exist...

All Russell is is fat from banquet dinners celebrating his win in the bowl game, and his bumped status as a potential #1 pick.  DAvis will take Russell, because Davis likes big armed QB.  JR is a perfect fit for Davis.  I am willing to bet that the new padding his is wearing around his abs has always existed.  He was never mobile anyway, but the guy can definitely chucka football over that mountain.  Wanna watch the video?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#6 : February 27, 2007, 11:41:44 PM

The Raiders take Joe Thomas because they have an awful O-line, or they take JR because they have Moss and Porter.

One or the other.  That is all they will look at.

T

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 27, 2007, 11:41:56 PM

What says he has bad work ethic? The guy got better as his career progressed, whcih seems to say he has good work ethic. He also is said to be very coachable. Again, goes against the bad work ethic thing.

I've spoken to 3 different LSU Boosters and they all say the same thing about Russell. Talented kid, but he doesn't work hard enough on the little things IE film room and weight room. They say he is a great leader and has loads of talent, but he is very immature. I know for a fact at least one of these boosters is very involved in the LSU program. Russell was so sporadic in his College career I would hate to see the Bucs take a chance on him. I prefer Quinn in this draft but this QB class seems very weak and I don't want to see a QB drafted by the Bucs this year.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#8 : February 28, 2007, 12:16:51 AM

I've spoken to 3 different LSU Boosters and they all say the same thing about Russell. Talented kid, but he doesn't work hard enough on the little things IE film room and weight room. They say he is a great leader and has loads of talent, but he is very immature. I know for a fact at least one of these boosters is very involved in the LSU program. Russell was so sporadic in his College career I would hate to see the Bucs take a chance on him. I prefer Quinn in this draft but this QB class seems very weak and I don't want to see a QB drafted by the Bucs this year.

I tend to think his performance on the field speaks for itself.  You don't play as well as he did at the QB position at the level he did with poor work ethic.  Not buying it.

He had one bad game this year, against UF, who made a lot of QB's look bad (ask your heisman winner).  He completed 67% of his passes for the year, a number you don't attain by being unprepared. 
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Interesting read on quinn/russell... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools