Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why attempt that 51 yard FG? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BucH8ter

Rookie

: November 29, 2009, 05:10:32 PM

Why attempt that 51 yard FG ?  The Falcons were gonna have to score a TD anyways to win the game. Why not punt the ball and maybe get lucky by forcing them to start from within the 10yard line? God Raheem is a moron.

burger40

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 29, 2009, 05:13:00 PM

i wanted us to pass and either get a first and run out the clock or simply punt and make redman drive the whole way with no timeouts. the field goal wasn't a horrible call IMO, the horrible thing was we didnt' even try to convert that 3rd and 8.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 29, 2009, 05:15:01 PM

i wanted us to pass and either get a first and run out the clock or simply punt and make redman drive the whole way with no timeouts. the field goal wasn't a horrible call IMO, the horrible thing was we didnt' even try to convert that 3rd and 8.
Yeah that was stupid. Obvious run situation, I think he had two TE's in the game? Why not spread them out and throw a screen or draw? Play calling at the end was questionable. The gameplan though was good on both sides we just can't execute and close games out yet.

BucH8ter

Rookie

#3 : November 29, 2009, 05:16:22 PM

Morris new he messed up when he saw how easily Redman was moving them up the field. Should have punted. No doubt about it.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 29, 2009, 05:17:46 PM

Morris is a sick man right now. I think he's on his way to the ER. He did a tremendous job play calling, we just couldn't execute at the end. Put Talib in Roberson's positon we walk away with a W.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 29, 2009, 05:20:15 PM

Why attempt that 51 yard FG ?  The Falcons were gonna have to score a TD anyways to win the game. Why not punt the ball and maybe get lucky by forcing them to start from within the 10yard line? God Raheem is a moron.

Your punter is injured and can't play. Are you going to guarantee a kick inside the 10 yard line in that position? Add to that the fact that your FG kicker made three 50+ FG's in a single game, out-of-doors. I wouldn't have hesitated to put him out there for a 51-yarder inside a dome.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 29, 2009, 05:22:45 PM

Why attempt that 51 yard FG ? The Falcons were gonna have to score a TD anyways to win the game. Why not punt the ball and maybe get lucky by forcing them to start from within the 10yard line? God Raheem is a moron.

Your punter is injured and can't play. Are you going to guarantee a kick inside the 10 yard line in that position? Add to that the fact that your FG kicker made three 50+ FG's in a single game, out-of-doors. I wouldn't have hesitated to put him out there for a 51-yarder inside a dome.

The playcalling before it was horrible. No matter what you do, the Falcons were going to get the ball back. So why not pass on 3rd down and try to get the first down?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 29, 2009, 05:24:25 PM

The playcalling before it was horrible. No matter what you do, the Falcons were going to get the ball back. So why not pass on 3rd down and try to get the first down?

The question of the thread was regarding the FG attempt, not any plays which came before.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 29, 2009, 05:24:33 PM

Why attempt that 51 yard FG ?  The Falcons were gonna have to score a TD anyways to win the game. Why not punt the ball and maybe get lucky by forcing them to start from within the 10yard line? God Raheem is a moron.

I'm thinking you are wasting your time.   His name is BucHater.    Any decision made no matter the results are going to be scrutinized because a large group want to blindly follow an agenda to blame one man for all the lack of wins.    Never mind all the years of bad drafting and patching up holes with over the hill free agents that provide no long term solution.    It's amazing to me that people expected a winning season when we finally got the people in place who had the guts to start a true rebuild.     Patience and logical thinking escapes your average Buc fan.  

BucH8ter

Rookie

#9 : November 29, 2009, 05:24:57 PM

I cant gaurentee a punt inside of the 10, but I can gaurentee that a punt would have backed them up more yards. Why give an inexperienced QB a shorter field? Especially when it's the potential game winning drive. Like I said before. FG or not. Atlanta still needed to score a TD to win. LOL.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 29, 2009, 05:26:41 PM

I cant gaurentee a punt inside of the 10, but I can gaurentee that a punt would have backed them up more yards. Why give an inexperienced QB a shorter field? Especially when it's the potential game winning drive. Like I said before. FG or not. Atlanta still needed to score a TD to win. LOL.

Had the FG been successful, the Falcons would have likely started around their own 25 and then would have only TIED the game with a TD and PAT.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#11 : November 29, 2009, 05:27:14 PM

, but I can gaurentee that a punt would have backed them up more yards.  

Like hell you can.   Blocked punts happen every week and when your normal punter is out it can only increase the chances of a block.    Stop and think before you make guarantees.   You don't play on the team so you can't really promise us anything.

Why are you calling Redman inexperienced?   He's got more years in the league then their starter.   He started 7 games for them before Ryan even got there.   You should stop putting your foot in your mouth.

Bucfanut

Starter

#12 : November 29, 2009, 05:28:41 PM

How about going for it on 4th and 4 from their 33? A punt probably goes in the endzone, the missed fg puts them on the 40 so in that situation, going for it might be the best option

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 29, 2009, 05:30:00 PM

I actually felt bad for Raheem today, but yeah, he did have some questionable calls like trying to kick a 51 yard field goal and the fake punt, etc.

Either way, Freeman had a good game and that is a bonus.  It was pathetic that we couldn't beat the Falcons Back-ups, but hey 1-10 or 2-9, I ain't jumping for joy with either...

BucH8ter

Rookie

#14 : November 29, 2009, 05:32:42 PM

Raheem is just a moron. Plain and simple. You dont kick a 50+ yard field goal when the other team still has to score a TD to win the game. You either punt the ball or run a play to kill more time off the clock. Take your Morris glasses off and realize he messed up.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why attempt that 51 yard FG? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools