Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Totally agree with Bryant here... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

: November 29, 2009, 07:36:30 PM

http://blogs.tampabay.com/bucs/2009/11/did-buccaneers-offense-get-too-conservative-bryant-says-yes.html

I agree with this completely. Olson needs to let this kid use his arm. Whenever he uses a more vertical game we have very good success, but Olson ALWAYS goes back to that AWFUL Gruden offense. Something needs to be done here, he is hindering this kid's development and not tailoring an offense to the future of the franchise.

conrad77

Pro Bowler

#1 : November 29, 2009, 07:50:16 PM

Agreed.  Freeman seems to play best when he audibles, scrambles or looks past his primary.  I'm all for continuity for young QB's but Olson is not exactly the best fit for him obviously.

[Add witty one liner here]

s0uthFLbucfan

Starter

#2 : November 29, 2009, 07:52:31 PM

AB is the man, and is exactly right. its time to take the training wheels of a little bit. let freeman take his shots.

"We're going to be d--- good,"-
Kellen Winslow II. Novemeber 15, 2009

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 29, 2009, 07:56:10 PM

AB is dead on here... Olsons play calling was trash... AGAIN... big friggin surprise... does this guy do ANY preparation during the week? We are playing one of the worst passing d's in the league and we dont even TRY stretching the field, other than the three play scoring drive... unfriggin real man... UNREAL!

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 29, 2009, 07:56:57 PM

AB is the man, and is exactly right. its time to take the training wheels of a little bit. let freeman take his shots.
training wheels??? what training wheels???? THIS IS OLSONS OFFENSE....

s0uthFLbucfan

Starter

#5 : November 29, 2009, 07:58:33 PM

:( sry.

thanks for reminding me 2 deep passes is as good as its going to get.

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 29, 2009, 07:59:09 PM

no problem... just a reminder

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 29, 2009, 08:00:54 PM

Freeman seems to get less accurate as his shoulders get less square with the line of scrimmage.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

s0uthFLbucfan

Starter

#8 : November 29, 2009, 08:01:01 PM

no problem... just a reminder

lol the sad part is im not even being sarcastic haha

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#9 : November 29, 2009, 08:03:06 PM

Nice. Bryant didn't hold back one bit, and that's how it should be. There's no logical explanation for Olson's playcalling. Why would you bomb it twice, have it WORK twice, and then not even attempt it once during the ENTIRE second half?

This is the season to let Freeman make mistakes. Would you rather he does it when we're 1-10, or when we're playoff contenders?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 29, 2009, 08:05:56 PM

It's Morris' job now to get Olson to call more deep plays. Of course, there probably were more deep plays called than we know. Freeman probably just checked down. Then again, I would think that AB would know that. So...

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#11 : November 29, 2009, 08:08:25 PM

Of course, without watching the film, it's hard to know if there were a lot of 1-on-1 opportunities for the team to take shots. I agree that they should go downfield more, but 0 INTs speaks to not forcing the ball when it isn't there.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 29, 2009, 08:09:56 PM

It's Morris' job now to get Olson to call more deep plays. Of course, there probably were more deep plays called than we know. Freeman probably just checked down. Then again, I would think that AB would know that. So...

I'm sure there MAY have been a play or two that was designed to go deep but it didn't happen...but does Freeman really seem like the type of guy who doesn't want to go deep? I'm not saying he's a mindless gunslinger like Cutler, but he's got a gun and he knows it. I find it hard to believe Freeman wouldn't go deep if the play is called that way unless he's under severe pressure. And like you said, Bryant would know if more deep plays were being called, and if that was the case he'd probably be complaining about Freeman or the o-line rather than playcalling.

#13 : November 29, 2009, 08:15:05 PM

Caveat is the only one even close. This thread is stupid people. I saw Bryant wide open heading to the endzone and Sammie wide open IN the endzone and Freeman didn't see either. Those are just the ones I noticed, without watching the film, how can you possibly say "Olson sucks, he needs to take more shots, he didn't call downfield plays", blah blah blah. This is so ridiculous. FREEMAN IS THE ONE THROWING THE BALL. This "Gruden's offense", "dink and dunk" crap is getting way old. No one calls checkdowns as the primary read, every pass play is downfield, if it ain't there, or if Freeman doesn't see it, it gets checked down. Unreal. It has nothing to do with Olson and more to do with Freeman seeing the field and developing with the receivers and in the system. Olson is a thousand times the coach Raheem is.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 29, 2009, 08:45:48 PM

Caveat is the only one even close. This thread is stupid people. I saw Bryant wide open heading to the endzone and Sammie wide open IN the endzone and Freeman didn't see either. Those are just the ones I noticed, without watching the film, how can you possibly say "Olson sucks, he needs to take more shots, he didn't call downfield plays", blah blah blah. This is so ridiculous. FREEMAN IS THE ONE THROWING THE BALL. This "Gruden's offense", "dink and dunk" crap is getting way old. No one calls checkdowns as the primary read, every pass play is downfield, if it ain't there, or if Freeman doesn't see it, it gets checked down. Unreal. It has nothing to do with Olson and more to do with Freeman seeing the field and developing with the receivers and in the system. Olson is a thousand times the coach Raheem is.

So what you're saying is, Olson is calling plenty of deep plays, Freeman is failing to find the players in the endzone, and yet Bryant is complaining about Olson not calling enough deep plays for Freeman? Unless Bryant somehow has no idea what plays are being called, you're a complete moron with a vendetta which involves worshiping what little is left from the Gruden era.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Totally agree with Bryant here... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools