Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Totally agree with Bryant here... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 29, 2009, 09:01:50 PM

I'm not convinced that Morris didn't put the shackles on GO's playcalling at the end of the game.

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

tbucsfan56

Second String

#16 : November 29, 2009, 09:09:49 PM

He is saying that Olsen was going more to the run and short passing game instead of going more down field. The long routes were open but the kid is going to listen to his coach. I can't understand why they play Ward more as the game goes on rather than Caddy. But I do agree with AB. If your going to loose do it trying.

Ft. Myers Buc Fan

Practice Squad

#17 : November 29, 2009, 09:15:51 PM

I do agree with AB in that Freeman has shown alot and should be given the opportunities to make plays downfield.  However, if you do that, you are opening up the possibility of alot more sacks and interceptions and this league is filled with rookie QBs who lost their confidence in their first year and never really recovered. 

Right now Freeman is playing with confidence and unfortunately for AB, Freeman's development is the most important thing to the Bucs coaching staff this year and AB's number will suffer because of it.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 29, 2009, 09:44:58 PM

AB implies that there is a conservative play calling problem.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 29, 2009, 09:50:46 PM

I do agree with AB in that Freeman has shown alot and should be given the opportunities to make plays downfield.  However, if you do that, you are opening up the possibility of alot more sacks and interceptions and this league is filled with rookie QBs who lost their confidence in their first year and never really recovered. 

Right now Freeman is playing with confidence and unfortunately for AB, Freeman's development is the most important thing to the Bucs coaching staff this year and AB's number will suffer because of it.

Forcing him to play a dink n dunk style that doesn't suit him can't be all that wonderful for his confidence either. There needs to be a balance. We don't need to go all Al Davis and force 20 deep throws a game, but spreading the defense and keeping them honest never hurts. Especially against the Falcons, who have a serious weakness in the secondary. Against the Jets next week, more conservative play calling will actually be wise.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 29, 2009, 11:40:33 PM

Freeman isn't a dink and dunk QB.

Let him play his game Olson. >.>

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 29, 2009, 11:57:19 PM

Freeman works best when he's running around, bootlegging, and shotgunning it. Olson seems to want to force him to sit under center and not play to his strengths. We need screen traps from shotgun, or direct snaps to the running backs to keep the defense honest. Put 3 WRs and 2 RBs on the field, and get some motion going. Or run from some two TE sets, and go PA to the WR deep. Freeman's strengths can stretch the field. Get him moving around and let him find his players.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Totally agree with Bryant here... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools