Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kicking it ! « previous next »
Page: 1

: November 30, 2009, 11:25:13 AM

I have never been to a regular season NFL practice. Knowing that most teams only carry 1 punter & 1 kicker on Sundays...am I to believe that the field goal kicker never attempts any punts during practice & vice versa....maybe there's another player on the team that in the event of an injury is trained/coached to do those duties.  Am I wrong ?

For all the talk that Barth could not punt the ball 30-40 yards...I must say that he did very well kicking it from our end zone. ...so I don't think that it is a stretch to call upon him to kick it 35-40 yards....or worse...put it in the end zone !!!!

I just also noticed that Mr. Morris made mention of "not wanting to play scared" .....well, then how about 4th & 5 on our last drive ....a short pass gets a first down & the game is over !!!! . That's not playing scared !

GenBrooks55

Stratobuc

Starter
#1 : November 30, 2009, 11:39:31 AM

" For all the talk that Barth could not punt the ball 30-40 yards...I must say that he did very well kicking it from our end zone. ...so I don't think that it is a stretch to call upon him to kick it 35-40 yards....or worse...put it in the end zone !!!! "

A freaking Pop Warner coach could have made that call - but not our Heemie. Then he wastes our last two timeouts as the Falcons are at the line snapping the ball. What a dork!
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kicking it ! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools