Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Alstott a Falcon? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 15

Rusty

Hall of Famer
: February 28, 2007, 04:37:16 PM

Uncle Stan and I were sort of going back and forth on this.  While in my logical mind I know it's time for a change, my heart won't accept seeing Mike in anything other than Pewter and Red.  God forbid someone we have to play, even worst a division rival.  I know I'm in it to emotionally, glad I'm not BA...

Toughen up, Chev. Hell they traded Joe Namath & Joe Montana. LOL.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

SHIVVER

Pro Bowler

#1 : February 28, 2007, 11:04:47 AM

With the Falcons likely losing Griffith, it could happen.  I know kid has lost a step or three but it would sicken me to see 40 in the ATL.  McKay would love to generate more heat under Gruden's ass, and this would no doubt get the job done. 

Other possible destinations:
-Pittsburgh
-Chicago
-Indy

Mike might get more money elsewhere but I have a feeling he'll sign for less to stay here and finish his career as a Buc.

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#2 : February 28, 2007, 11:06:57 AM

he may sign, but he wants to be used, hes knows his roll here is a blocking back, he wants 10-15 touches a game and with Grudens play calling i just don't see that hapening, but i would like for him to retire a buccaneer, so maybe theres hope

#3 : February 28, 2007, 11:09:35 AM

He's a Pittsburgh kinda guy, they would love him there. Although I'd hate to see that happen, I'd rather him just call it a career if he doesnt sign here.

Pitt, Chicago, Indy, Atl....... seeing a (Tampa) pattern here??? anyone that knows the man or has been associated with him wants him back.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#4 : February 28, 2007, 01:13:46 PM

he may sign, but he wants to be used, hes knows his roll here is a blocking back, he wants 10-15 touches a game and with Grudens play calling i just don't see that hapening, but i would like for him to retire a buccaneer, so maybe theres hope

nobody is going to give mike alstott 10-15 touches a game. chester taylor (eventual 1,200-yard back) couldn't get that many behind an aching jamal lewis last year, maurice morris couldn't average more than 10 even with alexander out with a broken foot for several weeks. there's far better players who can't sniff 10 touches, and alstott ought to know that.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#5 : February 28, 2007, 01:15:03 PM

Who cares if another team gets his 3 carries a game and mediocre blocking?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Ignohippo

Second String

#6 : February 28, 2007, 01:16:23 PM

I don't think the Bucs will offer him a deal.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#7 : February 28, 2007, 01:19:32 PM

If the Flacons replace Griffith with Alstott that bodes well for us.  Griffith is about 10x better than Alstott at this point.  That would be a huge hit to their offense both blocking and receiving especially.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#8 : February 28, 2007, 01:20:35 PM

Who is going to give Alstott 15 carries a game?

He would never make it through the season.

#9 : February 28, 2007, 01:22:30 PM

If the Flacons replace Griffith with Alstott that bodes well for us. Griffith is about 10x better than Alstott at this point. That would be a huge hit to their offense both blocking and receiving especially.
Especially if we can sign Griffith.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#10 : February 28, 2007, 01:26:06 PM

If the Flacons replace Griffith with Alstott that bodes well for us. Griffith is about 10x better than Alstott at this point. That would be a huge hit to their offense both blocking and receiving especially.
Especially if we can sign Griffith.

That would be nice as well.

Of course, all the Alstott homers would go crazy saying how we let Alstott go and how could we and Griffith sucks and blah blahblah.....

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#11 : February 28, 2007, 01:27:25 PM

Griffith is a FB.  FBs do jack for this offense.  WE can keep Alstott for cheaper, and his run blocking isn't abysmal.  You guys act like he is a giant cap hit, a liability in the run game with crap blocking (which he isn't), isn't a factor in short yardage, and gets the ball 10 times a game...

Alstott is NOT a problem in this offense.  If anything, he gets the TDs for the Buc that no one else seems to be able to...

If he asks for cheap dollars, then resign him.  Use that money to sign Clements, or Hamlin.  Screw Griffith.  If he asks for big money, which he won't, then let him sail off into the sunset.

FBs do NOTHING for the offense, aside from run block.

#12 : February 28, 2007, 01:28:53 PM

Griffith is a FB.  FBs do jack for this offense.  WE can keep Alstott for cheaper, and his run blocking isn't abysmal.  You guys act like he is a giant cap hit, a liability in the run game with crap blocking (which he isn't), isn't a factor in short yardage, and gets the ball 10 times a game...

Alstott is NOT a problem in this offense.  If anything, he gets the TDs for the Buc that no one else seems to be able to...

If he asks for cheap dollars, then resign him.  Use that money to sign Clements, or Hamlin.  Screw Griffith. 
Griffith's run blocking>Alsttot's

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#13 : February 28, 2007, 01:29:28 PM

Griffith is a FB. FBs do jack for this offense. WE can keep Alstott for cheaper, and his run blocking isn't abysmal. You guys act like he is a giant cap hit, a liability in the run game with crap blocking (which he isn't), isn't a factor in short yardage, and gets the ball 10 times a game...

Alstott is NOT a problem in this offense. If anything, he gets the TDs for the Buc that no one else seems to be able to...

If he asks for cheap dollars, then resign him. Use that money to sign Clements, or Hamlin. Screw Griffith.

Atlanta Oline > Tampa O-line.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#14 : February 28, 2007, 01:33:23 PM

Griffith is a FB. FBs do jack for this offense. WE can keep Alstott for cheaper, and his run blocking isn't abysmal. You guys act like he is a giant cap hit, a liability in the run game with crap blocking (which he isn't), isn't a factor in short yardage, and gets the ball 10 times a game...

Alstott is NOT a problem in this offense. If anything, he gets the TDs for the Buc that no one else seems to be able to...

If he asks for cheap dollars, then resign him. Use that money to sign Clements, or Hamlin. Screw Griffith.

Atlanta Oline > Tampa O-line.

Exactly.

Whcih means we have a greater need for a BETTER blocking FB than they do or most teams do. 

Alstott is adequate at best.  Griffith is damn good.  Plus he is a much better receiver out of teh backfield than Alstott at this point.  I don't think Griffith woudl have problems scoring in short yardage either.

Alstott is basiclaly worthless here right now.  He isn't teh receiver he was, he isn't a good blocker, and he isn't the runner he was.  About the only reason to keep him around is to ride the pine so he does't have to retire elsewhere.  I'd rather put his money to better use.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Alstott a Falcon? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools