Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: my most frustrating f/football season ever « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Hate

Hall of Famer
#15 : November 15, 2009, 06:58:28 PM

Hate I can't speak for anyone else,but for you sir it all started when you draft a certain Bucs RB! Don't shoot da messenger!

LMAO

Actually, it started with me taking LT with the last pick in the first round. I took Carnell with my 18th pick.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 18, 2009, 10:13:34 PM

I love the straight up points leagues...

The guy who scores the most points wins the league, period!

Ours is head to head action and right now I am 7-4 and probably heading to the playoffs with 2 or more wins out of the next 5!!

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#17 : November 19, 2009, 01:03:18 AM

You think you got it bad? I'm 4th in points scored in my league and I'm 2-8 through 10 games.

Matt Forte KILLED me this season. What a terrible pick he was. Drew Brees in Week 3 and 4 did absolutely nothing, Welker was hurt early in the year. Anthony Gonzalez was drafted to be my #2 WR and Lance Moore my #3. They have done nothing, one of them hasnt even played a game yet. I scored 140 points and lost a game by 10 points. Thats right, someone had 150 points against me. And just recently I was up 22 points going into the Monday Nighter, and the Browns get shut out, throw a pick-6, another pick, fumble, give up sacks, and my opponent has the Ravens D and they give him 24 points and the win.

So yea, I've had just about the most nightmare season anyone can ever have.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#18 : November 20, 2009, 03:01:19 PM

Well I have finally taken off...

I'm 2nd in the league in points scored and now 2nd in the league.... the entire league is 6-4 or 4-6.... very tight finish....

Ofcourse though Ronnie Brown was one of my work horses...

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 21, 2009, 06:42:48 PM

bash points leagues all you want, but at the end of the season, the team that scores the most points wins, simple as that...

I play both, and enjoy the straight points leagues more, just because of the frustrations outlined in this thread.

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#20 : November 21, 2009, 07:46:57 PM

Yeah but those frustrations are what makes it interesting. The best team isn't going to win, the person who gets the best match ups each week will. I think it takes more skill to deal with the H2H then overall total too.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#21 : November 21, 2009, 09:31:14 PM

Yeah but those frustrations are what makes it interesting. The best team isn't going to win, the person who gets the best match ups each week will. I think it takes more skill to deal with the H2H then overall total too.

exactly, it's way more interesting and fun going through the weekly h2h matchups.  Talking a little smack and what not.   points leagues in football especially are hell-a-lame

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 25, 2009, 10:42:56 AM

I love the straight up points leagues...

The guy who scores the most points wins the league, period!

We each used to put in $100.  There were 14 of us, so 1400 to split.  We used to give money to the season winner, the runner up and the person with the highest points.   If the winner also had the highest points, they would get a huge payout, but that only happened 1 time in 10 years.   

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#23 : November 30, 2009, 05:09:01 PM

hate same thing happened to me...

i put up 130... other guy puts up 130.5

i put up 140... other guy put up 142.5

man i cant catch a break.  im 4-7

im 2nd highest scorer in my league.

#1 scored against.

JC510

Practice Squad

#24 : December 01, 2009, 08:08:14 AM

In my league the guy last in total points made the playoffs

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#25 : December 12, 2009, 04:16:40 AM

Well this year started out looking like it was going to be frustrating, however I am not the number 1 overall team in my league and have the 2nd highest points total... Also have one 7 straight and that's even with Ronnie Brown going down. Luckily for me I was able to swing a deal for Mendenhall right before Ronnie went down.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: my most frustrating f/football season ever « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools