Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WINS or LOSSES? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

SHIVVER

Pro Bowler

: December 01, 2009, 01:11:24 PM

At this point in the season, with 1-10 record, do losses benefit the future of this team more than wins?  I mean, do you think it's a good thing we got an L instead of a W, Sunday, for the purposes of draft position?  Or, is it more important for this team to learn how to win games now, start toward building a winning culture, and let the chips fall where they may in the draft?

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 01, 2009, 01:12:54 PM

I think we need Freeman to get a win or two more. He is having fun out there, but I think it would bode well for us to have a few wins under our belt with Freeman vs. no wins with the other QBs... just a confidence thing.

SHIVVER

Pro Bowler

#2 : December 01, 2009, 05:14:35 PM

More wins would definitely benefit Freeman, I have to agree with that....

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 01, 2009, 05:15:08 PM

Wins.

drywallbuc

Starter

#4 : December 01, 2009, 05:16:05 PM

wins

buy american
hire american
save america

boycott chinese goods

T

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 01, 2009, 05:16:58 PM

Wins, or close loses no more blowouts. The wins hurt the draft spots, but can't think of that when you want your team out there competiting and trying to win a game. Bucs management wants to see progress, from the young players.

Nicodemus

Pro Bowler

#6 : December 01, 2009, 05:18:55 PM

Wins, as a FA will see a young QB leading a team and might actually want to sign with the Bucs for the promise he brings... as well as the large sums of dosh.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 01, 2009, 05:19:24 PM

I'm excited about the draft but I'll take wins any day of the week.   Can only benefit Freeman and the rest of the young guys who will be here next season.

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#8 : December 01, 2009, 05:27:14 PM

I'm excited about the draft but I'll take wins any day of the week.   Can only benefit Freeman and the rest of the young guys who will be here next season.

I don't understand the argument that Freeman is a better player by Roddy White not scoring a last minute touchdown. It doesn't make any sense. Freeman is going to learn just as much whether he gets a W or an L. Heck he may learn more from L, because he is likely throwing the ball more in those games.

I'd argue that being able to draft Suh will make Freeman a better QB, because he won't have to score as much to win games.

ALong13

Pro Bowler
#9 : December 01, 2009, 05:29:17 PM

I want to win, but I don't want to lose out on Suh to Detroit, this would be the 2nd time we lost out on a player that I wanted to Detroit (See Calvin Johnson for Gaines Adams)...but we have enough picks that if we want Suh, we should be able to trade up to get him...

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#10 : December 01, 2009, 05:32:21 PM

I'm excited about the draft but I'll take wins any day of the week.   Can only benefit Freeman and the rest of the young guys who will be here next season.

I don't understand the argument that Freeman is a better player by Roddy White not scoring a last minute touchdown. It doesn't make any sense. Freeman is going to learn just as much whether he gets a W or an L. Heck he may learn more from L, because he is likely throwing the ball more in those games.

I'd argue that being able to draft Suh will make Freeman a better QB, because he won't have to score as much to win games.

erm....show me where I said he was going to learn anything?   Like others have said I want him to have the confidence going into next season that he CAN and HAS won some games.   So....yeah....I want a good draft too but not at the expense of losing the rest of the games and having a franchise QB go into the offseason possibly doubting himself.    Say what you want about this team's need for a DT but the fact is a franchise QB is more important then anything else.    Period.   That's what I want him to become.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 01, 2009, 08:09:37 PM

as far as future goes, Losses will help us, seeing how 6-10 doesn't do us any good.

HOWEVER, being a fan, I rather see the Bucs win.  The draft is a crap shoot and I believe that you could draft the best player and he could falter if he doesn't have the right players around him.  Would Percy Harvin be making such a big deal around the league if he had Byron Leftwich and Josh Johnson throwing to him? 

If I'm Dunlap, would I be better on the Vikings line with Allen, Williams and Williams or the Bucs line with Wilkerson, Hovan, and Sims?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's all like that, but I much rather have a WIN than worry about the top prospect that will be on our team.  I mean where's the fun in going 1-15, rooting for us to get Suh, and then we go and draft an Offensive Tackle.  Not saying it would be a bad move, it's just, nothing I'd worry about.

Give me a win on Sunday baby!!!

burger40

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 01, 2009, 08:14:47 PM

i hope for us to win each week and the loss to atl made me sick but the salve on the wound is knowing we might be able to avoid missing out on a guy like Joe Thomas or CJ in next year's draft because of each loss.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

SHIVVER

Pro Bowler

#13 : December 02, 2009, 09:34:41 AM

as far as future goes, Losses will help us, seeing how 6-10 doesn't do us any good.

HOWEVER, being a fan, I rather see the Bucs win.  The draft is a crap shoot and I believe that you could draft the best player and he could falter if he doesn't have the right players around him.  Would Percy Harvin be making such a big deal around the league if he had Byron Leftwich and Josh Johnson throwing to him? 

If I'm Dunlap, would I be better on the Vikings line with Allen, Williams and Williams or the Bucs line with Wilkerson, Hovan, and Sims?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's all like that, but I much rather have a WIN than worry about the top prospect that will be on our team.  I mean where's the fun in going 1-15, rooting for us to get Suh, and then we go and draft an Offensive Tackle.  Not saying it would be a bad move, it's just, nothing I'd worry about.

Give me a win on Sunday baby!!!

Great point....  Look no further than Wes Welker, who was serviceable in Miami and an All Pro in New England......

Orangegone1

Starter

#14 : December 02, 2009, 09:37:59 AM

Young players improve, play teams close, and lose to get a higher draft pick.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: WINS or LOSSES? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools