Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You Florida State fans will have to explain this... « previous next »
Page: 1

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

: December 03, 2009, 03:14:36 PM

Seminoles OL Zebrie Sanders has apparently redefined what it means to "take a play off..."

Check out this video...

#1 : December 03, 2009, 03:26:38 PM

Ummmm.  No clue.  Maybe he thought the snap count was on "3" and was waiting for that???  Nobody should wonder why the Noles were 6-6 this season with players like this Einstein on the field.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 03, 2009, 03:42:30 PM

There were several plays like that, where the entire line wouldn't move. It seems the Genius coach (OL) told them if they think a Gator D player was offsides, don't move. They got one or two offsides calls, but so what, 5 yards when the play that was negated could have been extended to a 15-20 yrd play if any of the idiots had helped block.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 03, 2009, 03:43:47 PM

LMAO! It looks like a glitch in Madden.

Also, he is officially on my DO NOT DRAFT list.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

#4 : December 03, 2009, 05:13:51 PM

Coach should have kicked him off the team after that

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 03, 2009, 05:29:31 PM

There were several plays like that, where the entire line wouldn't move. It seems the Genius coach (OL) told them if they think a Gator D player was offsides, don't move. They got one or two offsides calls, but so what, 5 yards when the play that was negated could have been extended to a 15-20 yrd play if any of the idiots had helped block.

Agree with that.......might have thought he heard a whistle.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 03, 2009, 09:22:11 PM

maybe he has down syndrome?

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 03, 2009, 09:50:22 PM

Again, on later plays the ENTIRE LINE did the same thing, NOT just that one player. It was something the Genius coaches instructed them to do.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 03, 2009, 10:19:56 PM

All wrong besides Galt:

'The play is called "Freeze," but West Virginia might want to think about a new designation after the way it heated up the Mountaineers' record-setting comeback Monday in the Gator Bowl.

Just moments after falling into a 35-17 hole early in the third quarter, West Virginia coach Rich Rodriguez dusted off a trick play that called for the entire offensive line to stay in its stance after quarterback Pat White took the snap and rolled out to pass.

Rodriguez uses the play just four or five times per year, but it couldn't have worked any better Monday. Georgia Tech's defense looked dumbfounded, allowing sophomore wide receiver Tito Gonzales to run wide open for a 57-yard touchdown catch.

Not only was it was the first time that the Mountaineers scored a touchdown using Freeze, but it jump-started a rally that didn't stop until West Virginia took a 38-35 lead it nevered relinquish.

"The touchdown was definitely a momentum change for us," White said. "I guess it kind of shocked a couple people. But from there on out, we were fired up."

The play is used mainly to draw defensive linemen into an offside penalty, and that's exactly what happened Monday. But it turned into something much more when White rolled left and saw Gonzales by his lonesome."

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#9 : December 03, 2009, 10:32:16 PM

All wrong besides Galt:

'The play is called "Freeze," but West Virginia might want to think about a new designation after the way it heated up the Mountaineers' record-setting comeback Monday in the Gator Bowl.

Just moments after falling into a 35-17 hole early in the third quarter, West Virginia coach Rich Rodriguez dusted off a trick play that called for the entire offensive line to stay in its stance after quarterback Pat White took the snap and rolled out to pass.

Rodriguez uses the play just four or five times per year, but it couldn't have worked any better Monday. Georgia Tech's defense looked dumbfounded, allowing sophomore wide receiver Tito Gonzales to run wide open for a 57-yard touchdown catch.

Not only was it was the first time that the Mountaineers scored a touchdown using Freeze, but it jump-started a rally that didn't stop until West Virginia took a 38-35 lead it nevered relinquish.

"The touchdown was definitely a momentum change for us," White said. "I guess it kind of shocked a couple people. But from there on out, we were fired up."

The play is used mainly to draw defensive linemen into an offside penalty, and that's exactly what happened Monday. But it turned into something much more when White rolled left and saw Gonzales by his lonesome."

Thanks, I was wondering where FSU got the idea. It was an utter FAIL for them because UF defenders played their assignments until they heard a whistle. When it didn't work the first time, it made zero sense to try it again and again which only resulted in ball carriers getting killed w/o any blocking on "free plays".

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#10 : December 03, 2009, 11:14:22 PM

The play is used mainly to draw defensive linemen into an offside penalty, and that's exactly what happened Monday.

this comment makes zero sense to me.  the actions of the OL have nothing to do with drawing the DL into an offside penalty.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

#11 : December 03, 2009, 11:34:40 PM

All wrong besides Galt:

Thanks, I was wondering where FSU got the idea. It was an utter FAIL for them because UF defenders played their assignments until they heard a whistle. When it didn't work the first time, it made zero sense to try it again and again which only resulted in ball carriers getting killed w/o any blocking on "free plays".
Which is why i don't see why you would run it. It can get your Qb killed.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#12 : December 04, 2009, 12:37:20 AM

Again, on later plays the ENTIRE LINE did the same thing, NOT just that one player. It was something the Genius coaches instructed them to do.

Galt? it seems some are not reading what you are typing. I watched the game, and like you said, there were several plays where the entire line did not move at the snap of the ball. It worked to their benefit on 2-3 plays if i remember correctly because they were able to draw the D offsides. Not sure what happened on that one play though..... it does look kinda odd.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#13 : December 04, 2009, 10:14:32 AM

The play is used mainly to draw defensive linemen into an offside penalty, and that's exactly what happened Monday.

this comment makes zero sense to me.  the actions of the OL have nothing to do with drawing the DL into an offside penalty.

I think the idea was if a D player was in the neutral zone/crossed the line the O line was to freeze to prevent any chance of a Offsides becoming a false start.

In the WVU game the D lineman were watching the O lineman across from them and not the ball so the QB took 3 or 4 steps on a rollout before the D even figured out the play had started and the DBs seeing no movement upfront thought it was a dead play. But WVU ONLY USED IT ONCE, why FSU kept running it over and over after it kept failing is what I don't get.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 04, 2009, 01:36:52 PM

FSU's been doing this every since Rick Trickett took over OL coaching duties... he came from WVU... which explains the earlier WVU reference.

Its nothing new...

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You Florida State fans will have to explain this... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools