Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Joebucsfan.com reports, PR reports, Doug Williams to be fired. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

: December 04, 2009, 05:32:41 PM

Joe is a Buccaneer tabloid.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 04, 2009, 01:07:27 PM

“Whispers” Doug Williams Will Be Fired
December 4th, 2009
Scott Reynolds, The Grand Wizard of PewterReport.com, the Internet-only, Bucs fan site best known for its defunct print magazine and message boards, is making bold comments about Doug Williams.

Per Reynolds, unnamed player agents are telling him the legendary quarterback is not cutting it in his current job as Bucs Director of Pro Personnel and is likely to be fired after the 2009 season.

For years, agents I’ve spoken with have raved about Dominik’s scouting acumen as well as his personality. I haven’t heard many positive reviews at all about Williams from agents since he joined the front office in 2004. Williams’ calling card appears to be standing on the table for backup quarterback Josh Johnson on draft day in 2008 and being involved with Dominik in recruiting wide receiver Antonio Bryant to Tampa Bay last year. There have been some whispers from agents that the Bucs will shake up their personnel department and that Williams will get fired to make way for more experienced talent evaluators. That doesn’t seem far-fetched as the days of Tampa Bay’s front office boasting the likes of Rich McKay, Jerry Angelo, Tim Ruskell, John Idzik and Dominik are long gone, unfortunately. Even the front office of Bruce Allen, Kevin Demoff, Ruston Webster, Dennis Hickey and Dominik back in 2005 had more talent for spotting players and experience in dealing with the salary cap and agent negotiations than the current collection of executives. If Williams, who is one of the more storied players in team history, gets fired at the end of the season in a scouting shakeup, which certainly seems like a possibility from the agents I’ve spoken to, don’t think of him as Dominik’s scapegoat. That term means  “one that bears blame for others.” Williams might be portrayed as the fall guy by some in the media following a dismal season, but within the agent community, his potential firing will be justified because he’s regarded as not being great at his craft in NFL circles.

Now no sane observer is going to confuse the Bucs’ scouting and drafting department with the NFL’s best over the past several years. Whether Williams deserves to be terminated, Joe’s not so sure.

What Joe is sure of is that Reynolds should have gotten a comment from Williams for this story.

From Joe’s experience, Williams is one of the most accessible Bucs executives, always milling around the press box and rather eager to chat, and usually a colorful quote, as well.

If Joe were ever to print such strong assertions about Williams or any other executive, from anonymous sources no less, JoeBucsFan.com readers can be sure Joe would go ask the guy for his comment.

That’s Journalism 101. Not to mention Williams deserved that respect.

Notice the shot at the message boards, LOL.

#2 : December 04, 2009, 01:08:57 PM

O.o   Turf war.

!!!   

Lol

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 04, 2009, 01:09:12 PM

Joe, whomever that is, seems to be a massive hater of PR.

He looks foolish calling them out

#4 : December 04, 2009, 01:11:29 PM

Agreed Keep...

"Joe" is a **CENSORED** and a PR competitor.

I go there for the links to all things buc... saves time.  But NOT for the opinion.

FartMan

Pro Bowler
#5 : December 04, 2009, 01:11:39 PM

TheDeej3000 notices, Joe takes a lot of shots at PR.

#6 : December 04, 2009, 01:14:14 PM

TheDeej3000 notices, Joe takes a lot of shots at PR.

Lol... "Joe" is ankle biting on PR. 

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 04, 2009, 01:16:25 PM

Thank god. Doug Williams is as incompetent a person for a personnel job as I have ever seen hired in the league.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 04, 2009, 01:18:57 PM

keeponbucn thinks the constant jabbing as amatuerish, if joe wants to get scoop keeponbucn thinks joe should develope some sources within OBP.

keeponbucn doesnt think joe is a journalist, keeponbucn has a itch on his balls.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 04, 2009, 01:29:06 PM

I think it's funny that joe thinks that he knows the first thing about journalism.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 04, 2009, 01:30:15 PM

Snook thinks Joe takes shot at PR because he knows he'll gain hits on his website by repeatedly mentioning it.  Snook believes that Joe knows a lot of PR subscribers also read Joe's website.   Snook enjoys joebucsfan.com on occasion but is turned off by the several recent jabs at PR.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#11 : December 04, 2009, 01:31:04 PM

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Doug is let go.

Glad to hear the agents think highly of Dom.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#12 : December 04, 2009, 01:59:13 PM

Maybe Stan should create his own website so he can also quote articles from varied sources (not his own) and take pot shots at the legitimate media. Might work. That's how PFT started if I remember correctly.

With regard to Doug Williams, Stan also thinks Scott is right on the money. Williams is really nothing but a "showcase" since he's been here. Stan also thinks its about time someone (of value) said something.

Also, FWIW, Stan does not go to aforementioned website for any reason.

Stan is also discouraged that others find it necessary to report info (if you want to call it that)  from a "so called'' local website so frequently and that denigrates this one quite often. Most of which is a rehash of info read elsewhere.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#13 : December 04, 2009, 02:01:08 PM

Ill read your site Unc before I read Joe.

#14 : December 04, 2009, 02:03:03 PM

Naw, I wouldn't read Unc's site either if he was going to do a joebucsfan thing.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Joebucsfan.com reports, PR reports, Doug Williams to be fired. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools