Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Joebucsfan.com reports, PR reports, Doug Williams to be fired. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Ignohippo

Second String

#30 : December 04, 2009, 03:50:26 PM

I was wondering how long this would take. Williams has got to go.

Could this be opening the way for the return of Ruskell?

bucs1

Practice Squad
#31 : December 04, 2009, 03:50:31 PM

I will also go ahead and backup what SR said because he is 100% right about this. Doug Williams is a nice guy, but he is not qualified for his position in the front office. It seems like Doug is only there to be a recruiter because of his name. It's not that he can't be good, it's just that he is still learning because the old front office left him out of a lot of their discussions and didn't really listen to what he had to say. I talked to a front office member that used to work with Doug Williams and he told me the same thing. That is that Doug is a great guy, but he has not progressed over the years. I would replace Williams in the offseason with somebody that's much more experience so he can help Dominik, like Ruston Webster if he becomes available. I would like to keep Doug around as a scout to watch him grow, but he needs more time. I guess you can compare this situation to Raheem's situation. I think Williams was just promoted too early and should have stayed a scout for a little longer just like many people think Morris should have had some experience as a coordinator before becoming head coach.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#32 : December 04, 2009, 03:51:19 PM

No no Talib25, Joebucsfan only got some info from the Fab 5 being free today.. otherwise he'd still be looking in the National Enquirer for relevant Bucs info.. and Elvis sightings.

Thanks for reminding me Nicodemus. I didn't realize it was free because I haven't looked at the front page yet today.

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler
#33 : December 04, 2009, 04:08:25 PM

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#34 : December 04, 2009, 04:20:09 PM

Scott Reynolds, The Grand Wizard of PewterReport.com, the Internet-only, Bucs fan site best known for its defunct print magazine and message boards

The magazine AND the message boards are out of business????

If the magazine and the boards are "defunct" then where did he get those quotes???

How can a "defunct" company make "bold comments"???

Joe has made John Galt? confused.

InlandTaipan

Practice Squad

#35 : December 04, 2009, 04:20:30 PM

InlandTaipan says he's not behind the Joe website...InlandTaipan likes PR but InlandTaipan doesn't like all of the posters on the message board...InlandTaipan is not American indian either

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#36 : December 04, 2009, 04:39:54 PM

Warren likes joe. Warren thinks Joe's site is a buccaneers news version of PFT. Warren will keep posting Joe's information on here, sorry disgruntled posters.

still trying to figure out why you posted an article from that site about an article from PR.  it would be different if you were bringing new content to the board, but this just paints you as a shill or a doofus .... one or the other

white dragon

Practice Squad

#37 : December 04, 2009, 04:48:53 PM

Scott Reynolds, The Grand Wizard of PewterReport.com, the Internet-only, Bucs fan site best known for its defunct print magazine and message boards

If the magazine and the boards are "defunct" then where did he get those quotes???

White Dragon has become confused by the conundrum that John Galt? has brought to White Dragon's attention.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#38 : December 04, 2009, 04:52:39 PM

Warren likes joe. Warren thinks Joe's site is a buccaneers news version of PFT. Warren will keep posting Joe's information on here, sorry disgruntled posters.

still trying to figure out why you posted an article from that site about an article from PR. it would be different if you were bringing new content to the board, but this just paints you as a shill or a doofus .... one or the other

Warren was just posting the shot at PR and the message boards. Warren finds it unfortunate you need to resort to name calling to make a point.

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#39 : December 04, 2009, 05:00:23 PM

Journalism 101?

Don't they tell you NOT to talk in third person in that class? I mean, there is "we" "my" "our" and "I" to name a few.

Benchwarmer thinks Joefan failed english 101.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#40 : December 04, 2009, 05:56:32 PM

Firing Williams would be a step in the right direction.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#41 : December 04, 2009, 05:57:34 PM

still trying to figure out why you posted an article from that site about an article from PR. it would be different if you were bringing new content to the board, but this just paints you as a shill or a doofus .... one or the other

Warren was just posting the shot at PR and the message boards. Warren finds it unfortunate you need to resort to name calling to make a point.

so which is it shill or doofus?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#42 : December 04, 2009, 08:16:30 PM

Yeah, he didn't state that very well. He should have written, "Known for its message boards and defunct print magazine."

I won't stop going to JBF because he links to info. and video that I don't have to search for on various websites. I'm not going to punish myself just because the rest of JBF is highly questionable. I'm not throwing out the baby with the bath water. And yes, it's a lot of bath water.

BUT, for the most part, I have stopped posting links from there unless it's a Steve White article. I think the constant jabs at PR are immature and unprofessional.

I thought about the quote from Williams thing but what could he say? Ummm, I heard about the rumors of my demise and they are greatly exaggerated. Hey Doug, my sources say you suck. Any comment?

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#43 : December 04, 2009, 08:26:08 PM

Yeah, he didn't state that very well. He should have written, "Known for its message boards and defunct print magazine."

That would still be wrong. Defunct usually means "failed and out of business". The printed mag didn't fail, they chose to switch to a different format (and I still don't like the decision. You put magazines next to the crapper, not a laptop).

He should have wrote "known for their message boards and former print turned online magazine".

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

#44 : December 04, 2009, 09:01:38 PM

OMG.

Please stop.  I'll confess.  I am joebucfan....tada.....I'll do or say anything to stop this third person torture.  Waterboard, anything name it.

P
  l
    e

a

s

e.......ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh(  she died of bad satire and bad sportsmanship of warren whatever his name is )

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Joebucsfan.com reports, PR reports, Doug Williams to be fired. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools