Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gaines...."I'm not concerned about playing time" « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BucsMagic64

Starter

: December 05, 2009, 02:30:15 PM

I love that he's gone to basically the same scheme and they are preaching patience on him.

They need to feed something to their fans, they are probably wondering why they gave up a 2nd round pick for this bum.

jvato24

Starter

#1 : December 05, 2009, 03:11:54 PM

wow  ..  what effort he gives   ..  listen to that will power

Ft. Myers Buc Fan

Practice Squad

#2 : December 05, 2009, 03:14:11 PM

Yea, I have been hearing he is getting better for 3 years....he is a bust and we got steal in trading him for a 2nd rounder

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 05, 2009, 02:16:57 PM

I love that he's gone to basically the same scheme and they are preaching patience on him.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 05, 2009, 02:09:08 PM

Marinelli preaches patience with Adams: 'He's getting better'

December 5, 2009
BY BRAD BRIGGS briggs@suntimes.com

Six games into the Gaines Adams' era, the Bears haven't produced any tangible evidence that the trade is going to be a hit.

The defensive end has two assists and rarely has been on the field while the second-round draft pick the Tampa Bay Buccaneers received in exchange keeps getting better. It's shaping up to be about the 42nd or 43rd pick in the draft, right about where the Bears snagged running back Matt Forte in 2008.

But with Adams signed through 2012, and with a complete set of pass-rushing tools, the team remains confident the midseason trade will be viewed as a prudent one.

''You bring a guy in during the middle of the season, it's not like having training camp and [organized team activities] or anything,'' line coach Rod Marinelli said. ''In terms of talent, attitude and work, what you try to do is get a guy to come in and get grounded in how we do business, the fundamentals and all of those things. He's getting some work in, and he's getting better. He's got a lot of stuff to him.''

Marinelli preached patience, but it appears Adams won't start paying dividends until 2010 -- when Adewale Ogunleye and Mark Anderson could be gone.

''The focus right now is just going out and working hard,'' Adams said. ''I'm not concerned about playing time. I'm just trying to learn the scheme and get better. It's the nature of the beast. I got traded and come in here and try to get better.''

Source:   Chicago Sun-Times

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 05, 2009, 03:52:24 PM

They need to feed something to their fans, they are probably wondering why they gave up a 2nd round pick for this bum.

Oh I'm sure they are spinning it but dear god that is some thin cover right there.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 05, 2009, 03:59:00 PM

Gaines Adams... LOL!

s0uthFLbucfan

Starter

#7 : December 05, 2009, 04:32:07 PM

i would not be surprised if the light comes on. Adams has all the tools. But it just was not going to happen here.

"We're going to be d--- good,"-
Kellen Winslow II. Novemeber 15, 2009

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#8 : December 05, 2009, 05:04:20 PM

Hes a bust again. A second rounder should at least be making an impact of some sort. Hes making no impact at all. I cant believe we got a second for him.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 05, 2009, 05:05:23 PM

Gaines Adams... LOL!

Diddo. I was about to put the same post. What a joke, even his name is at this point.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

BuccanAy

Hall of Famer
#10 : December 05, 2009, 05:18:59 PM

I kinda feel bad for the kid, he is who he is, if people want to be pissed and thow insults, thow 'em at the idiots who scouted and drafted him.  It's not like he's not playing hard or getting in trouble off the field.  He's not a NFL caliber DE, most definitlely not the 4th overall pick in the draft.   Oh, and the idiots who traded for him should get some heat as well.

wildbuc99

Rookie

#11 : December 05, 2009, 06:06:15 PM

I kinda feel bad for the kid, he is who he is, if people want to be pissed and thow insults, thow 'em at the idiots who scouted and drafted him.  It's not like he's not playing hard or getting in trouble off the field.  He's not a NFL caliber DE, most definitlely not the 4th overall pick in the draft. Oh, and the idiots who traded for him should get some heat as well.

Good post man. I had very hugh hopes for Adams when we took him #4 overall. I was sure he was going to be a Rice type DE and produce high sack totals. O well I wish him an injury free career with Da Bears.

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 05, 2009, 06:09:17 PM

That's seemed to be the problem with Gaines ever since he was drafted. No fire. Just goes through the motions.

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

burger40

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 05, 2009, 07:12:01 PM

would love to grab a playmaker WR like Tate, Gilyard, etc with their pick after we draft DT and DE with our first two picks.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 05, 2009, 07:23:21 PM

I don't care whether he amounts to something or not. I can only judge him on what he did in Tampa. Based on that, I'd rather have the second round pick.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gaines...."I'm not concerned about playing time" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools