Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PY found something positive to say about our bucs... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Thomas

Starter

#15 : December 05, 2009, 04:01:50 PM

i agree the freeman pick is a winner

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 05, 2009, 05:14:48 PM

Add Winslow into that draft and it is probably the best draft the Bucs have had since the Sapp/Brooks draft

let's not go crazy here

I'd agree with that. Best since the Sapp/Brooks draft. If you include KW.

Yes, the key word in my statement was since".  The Sapp/Brooks draft netted the Bucs 2 Hall of Famers and is far and away the Bucs best draft of all time.

I would venture to say that that first round that year was the best round of drafting by any team ever.  Not that I could even come up with a list of rounds from other teams that would compete, but to get two guys who ended up being not only HOFers, but also redefined what their respective positions of OLB and DT could be...that's just ridiculous.

Its right up there to be sure.  The Bears picked Butkus and Sayers and I believe the Browns had Newsome and Clay Mathews.  Off the top of my head those are the only two that are in the same league and Sapp/Brooks. 

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 05, 2009, 05:43:26 PM

PY isn't the only analyst who has positive things to say lately. I watched Playbook NFC on NFL Network and 2 out of the three guys on that show pick the Bucs to win vs Carolina... and they said things like "Morris is giving the D an identity", "playing with energy" and "the Bucs are absolutely a complete team". I'm seeing a huge improvement in the Bucs as well. Unfortunately we still have some knuckleheads on this board who have nothing but negative things to say. Open your eyes, people. The Bucs are clearly getting better.

Mean D

Pro Bowler

#18 : December 06, 2009, 10:35:01 AM

As much as I want the Bucs to win I also think we really need Ndamukong Suh.  He will not drop too far from the top.

OldBloodandBucs

Starter

#19 : December 06, 2009, 11:52:22 AM

here in tampa, we really haven't had huge problems lately when it comes to successful rookie seasons...it's what happens afterwards that baffles the heck out of me....

This is one of the biggest problems here. I'm so sick of "the sophomore slump" that plagues this team.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#20 : December 06, 2009, 12:49:33 PM

didnt want to make another topic for this, and it doesnt matter in the end, but heres a lil more positive press.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d814b3bc2&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

check out number 10

Pat Kirwan...

10. Believin' in Freeman

After watching all of the coaches' tapes of Tampa Bay rookie quarterback Josh Freeman, I am a big fan. If I were a Bucs fan, I would be excited about the future. Freeman has a long way to go but the arm strength, the mobility, poise and leadership are in place and ready to be developed. I think it really takes off this weekend with a tough road game in Carolina. It wouldn't surprise me to see him build on his 250-yard, two-touchdown effort in a near-victory over Atlanta last week.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PY found something positive to say about our bucs... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools