Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Fire Jim Leavitt ... « previous next »
Page: 1

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

: December 06, 2009, 11:35:21 AM

Yes, they are team efforts but the coaching staff and head coach have to prepare the team.  At the end of the day, if the effort/execution is not there it is the coaches fault.  The fact that timeouts are always wasted is the fault of the head coach.  Game clock mismanagement year after year is the fault of the head coach.  When your STs is worthless year after year and your headcoach runs the STs it is the head coaches fault. 

How many times can a team be offsides on a kickoff?  You are lucky if you see it once by a team all season.  I know I have seen it 4-5 times this season.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#1 : December 05, 2009, 11:16:40 PM

or be mired in mediocrity forever USF.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 05, 2009, 11:30:31 PM

His decision at half time not to try to get more yards was a joke.  Does he not watch all the missed FGs during the games?  The prevent d at the end of the game when Nebraska only needs 3 is a joke!  His management of games has always been a joke.  The problem remains, how does USF buy out Levitt's contract and afford to pay a decent coach?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#3 : December 05, 2009, 11:33:32 PM

how does USF buy out Levitt's contract and afford to pay a decent coach?

not my problem.   it's up to them.  if you want to be mediocre program, stick with Leavitt and his staff's piss poor game prep and in game coaching.  if you want to be better than that, then it is time to move on.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 05, 2009, 11:59:31 PM

The final two kickoffs are what lost USF that game.  He couldn't even kick it past the thirty.  I also blame the DEs.  They got minimal pressure all game.  I would be surprised if they excel in the NFL.  USF may not ever advance under Leavitt because of his Dungy-like approach.  Mismanagement of the offense will be his downfall. The BE is to Leavitt as Philadelphia was to Dungy.  If you can't beat the teams you see every year, there is no progress.  Another Toilet Bowl for USF that I won't even watch .

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 06, 2009, 12:23:40 AM

Fire Leavitt, bye bye recruits. Bye bye recruits, bye, bye program.

If we could bet I would put a grand on that.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#6 : December 06, 2009, 12:26:05 AM

lmao, why couldn't someone else recruit?  Leavitt the only guy capable of recruiting? 

like I said the admin can do what they want.  If they're happy being 4th or 5th in the Big East every year and occasionally finishing 2nd or 3rd if they "recruits" can win it on their own, then so be it.  If they want to move past mediocrity, then it's about time to move on.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 06, 2009, 03:54:10 AM

lmao, why couldn't someone else recruit?  Leavitt the only guy capable of recruiting? 

like I said the admin can do what they want.  If they're happy being 4th or 5th in the Big East every year and occasionally finishing 2nd or 3rd if they "recruits" can win it on their own, then so be it.  If they want to move past mediocrity, then it's about time to move on.

it takes money to bring in a quality coach and not many programs in this economy have it. You also need to find an upgrade at coach, and that person has to be willing to take the job.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 06, 2009, 05:54:30 AM

I doubt USF is every going to be an elite program being consistently ranked in the top ten year after year.  They could do far worse than Leavitt.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 06, 2009, 09:57:56 AM

I'd say the next couple of years will be the benchmarks to see if he can take us to the next level, which is a BE championship. USF needs to be in serious contention late in the season,  especially if the recruiting classes are similar to the last one...

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#10 : December 06, 2009, 10:03:28 AM

I doubt USF is every going to be an elite program being consistently ranked in the top ten year after year. They could do far worse than Leavitt.

how about being able to compete for a Big East crown?  Annual beatings at the hands of Cincinnati, Rutgers, and Pitt with an every other year beating to UConn should be unacceptable.   

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#11 : December 06, 2009, 10:04:55 AM

I'd say the next couple of years will be the benchmarks to see if he can take us to the next level, which is a BE championship. USF needs to be in serious contention late in the season, especially if the recruiting classes are similar to the last one...

Yep, the noose should definitely be tightening with the recruiting classes that they have had, but he and his staff cost them that game last night.  Only BJ Daniel's athleticism as well as a few athletic plays from others kept them in the game.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 06, 2009, 10:24:59 AM

I'd say the next couple of years will be the benchmarks to see if he can take us to the next level, which is a BE championship. USF needs to be in serious contention late in the season, especially if the recruiting classes are similar to the last one...
but he and his staff cost them that game last night.  Only BJ Daniel's athleticism as well as a few athletic plays from others kept them in the game.

I don't know ... my opinion is that most losses, like wins, are team efforts ... Coaches make mistakes, players make mistakes and then sometimes you just have to give the other team credit for making plays when they had to.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#13 : December 06, 2009, 01:19:21 PM

but he and his staff cost them that game last night.  Only BJ Daniel's athleticism as well as a few athletic plays from others kept them in the game.

I don't know ... my opinion is that most losses, like wins, are team efforts ... Coaches make mistakes, players make mistakes and then sometimes you just have to give the other team credit for making plays when they had to.

Are you going to seriously tell me that we are not out coached on an annual basis by Kelly and Schiano and most years by Edsel and Wanstedt.

The horrible play calling and clock management on USF's last drive alone shows what a poor job of in game management this team exhibits week in and week out.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Fire Jim Leavitt ... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools